Shrinking Violets Check-in for March 4-10, 2007

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

I upped my weights in most of the exerecises in S&A! WOO HOO! ARX was a killer as usual. I'll tell ya...I'm sure it's a combo of things-not *JUST* ARX-but I have never had such definition in my abs in my life...SERIOUSLY! I mean I can actually see a faint 6-pack in there! LOL I LOVE IT!!!! I still have fatty flabby cr@p over it but it's there! It's peeking out! It's soooo freakin' AWESOME!!!!!}( :D }( :D

I still have yoga x on tap for later so I'm not done yet....;)

Oh, and I just ordered Barry's Bootcamp! Just call me a sucker!:p

Thanks Jean! You are sweet.:)

Yoga X is done. Time for a quick shower and then bed.

Good night peeps!:)

Shrinking Violets Check-in

After my quiet time this morning, I did High Step Challenge. This is such a fun workout with great music. The fast pace keeps my heart rate elevated. I fell on my butt during one of the cardio segments. It was during the step kickboxing using the high step topper. I stepped on the sloped side of the platform, lost my footing, and was flat on my butt before I knew what hit me. I did not miss a beat. I have learned to fall with grace, and I bounced right back up and never looked back with my Cathe calendar to remind me that there is no time for down time! Thankfully, I did not twist my ankle. I am grateful for the extra padding in my rear too. It is good for something! I am much more comfortable with cardio on the club-size step, and I always feel a little insecure during the step cardio segments that use the high step. There is not much stepping space!

I am looking forward to enjoying Stretch Max in the morning. It is time to start winding down for the day.

Wendy, I took a play out of your book today. ;-) Of course, I fell on my butt in the privacy of my own home, and I have a bigger butt to fall on than you do! :7

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Aaaawww Heather! Sorry you fell. Atleast there was no one around to be embarrassed in front of! LOL

I have Legs and Back on tap for today. No ARX since I did it y'day. I will be doing ARX w/my run tmrw though.

Have a good day all!

So, last minute I had to go get my sis from the airport last night. Haven't seen her in 6 weeks so it was nice. Another night of getting home after 1am. So, no WO last night. Still planning on B&G. I should be able to fit it in sometime during the day as long as my niece cooperates. Easier to do weight WO's when she is here instead of cardio, since it isn't as much of a big deal to take a break during weights compared to cardio. I am working tonight, but I am thinking of going out to my cousin's house again tonight. It seems to be the Friday night hangout. It is just nice to get out by myself. I always wait till the kids are asleep in bed and then head over. It has been a nice break with all the crap going on here lately.
ANyway, I am a bit chatty I guess. Have great WOs. I am seriously going to get ready to try B&G now. I may even do thd Guts part since I didn't do abs yesterday.

Wendy- great job on the abs. I am feeling so much more def too, but still that pesky layer of something is over them. But hey, they are there!!!

Heather- you silly girl! Be careful! I have done that fall before here in my living room. All I heard from the bedroom was Chase "Mommy, did that hurt??" And then laughter!!

Have great WOs today everyone!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics to NYC GTG and Christmas Albums 3/6/07

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

I've fallen doing step at home too! I was pregnant w/Joey and still doing the Firm workouts. I tripped over the step and took a tumble...scraped up my leg on the firm box thingy. LOL Thank god I didn't do worse damage to myself-it really spooked me because I was afraid of hurting my baby!

Have fun tonight Meg!!!! You deserve it!!!!

Okay...I'll be back!:)

The topic of falling and being uncoordinated is exactly why I workout at home. No Witnesses and hopefully no hidden cameras LOL.

I'm off to the dog park on my lunch. Knee is still weird so still not doing much lower body. My recovery week seems to be just what I needed though, because I dropped a pound since last week. I hope it doesn't hop back on when I return to my regular intensity. If it stays off, I am really going to have to make an effort to take a recovery week every now.

Have a great weekend.

jean

Never got to Legs and Back when I had the chance so I went to the gym tonight and ran instead. Legs and back is on tap for tomorrow now with ARX.

Jean: I was always very afraid to take a recovery week thinking I'd take 3 steps backward in progress. Well, the X has taught me differently now and I intend to continue to take a recovery week every 4 weeks or so as well.

Have a great night!:)

Hey girls,

Been working hard and dealing with this blasted foot again! It's not too bad but I think it is something I will always deal with! Now I'm trying not to let it get to me. But today I will try Amy Bento's hi/lo which I obviously won't do all of! Just going to try out my foot and if it hurts I will stop and go to weights. In the meanwhile I am trying to eat healthy so I won't gain anymore weight!

I sounds like everyone is doing well! I hope to be able to visit you ladies more!

Will check in with you ladies later on today!

kim

Hey Kim...Be careful with Hi/Lo ok? Doesn't sound "foot friendly"....

It's Legs and Back/ARX for me today.

Happy Saturday everyone!:7

Good morning, Violets! I had a delightful Friday. After my quiet time, I enjoyed Stretch Max. I bounced on my rebounder last night after a very empowering session with my counselor. I am on the verge of a major breakthrough in several areas. I can feel it in my spirit! Kick Max is on my rotation for this morning, and I am hoping to clear some more clutter out of here. I am already piling up old workout videos to trade, sell, or donate. I am hoping to pare down my collection of shoes too. I also want to get outside and enjoy this beautiful day, and I need to do my grocery shopping for next week.

Have a blessed weekend! Hugs to Jean, Kali, Kim, Maeghan, and Wendy!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Hi everyone. I'm trying to send everyone some signs of spring to warm you up. Hope this works.

236820445.jpg

236820412.jpg

236827000.jpg

Yeah, it worked. I never did that before. There's a cardinal somewhere in the picture of the dead looking tree.

How's everyone's weekend going. This morning I went for a jog/walk with the dog. I took the camera, because it was such a beautiful day. We stayed out for 75 minutes. It felt great.

Then dh worked in our game room. We have been rearranging things. I helped (mostly by staying out of his way, ha ha). The game room is where I work out. No more TV on the floor which means more floor space. Yeah. I have to get some more puzzle mats.

Wendy, I know what you mean about the 3 steps back. Previously when I would take too much rest, I wouldn't return to a normal routine for several weeks, but not this time. I will be back at it strong and steady.

Kim, sorry to hear the foot is acting up. Hope you can find some workouts that don't bother it.

Heather, isn't this weather great? Hope as the pollen starts to rise, your allergies don't kick up.

Maeghan and Kali, hope your weekend is going great.

Jean

This was a restful Saturday. After my quiet time, I did the Kick Max boot camp challenge premix. The blast segment is cardio cocaine! I love it! I am still flying high tonight! I really like the kick and punch combinations too. Cathe’s form is stellar in this workout. She looks like she could knock someone out with those punches. I did the first segment of Core Max too, but I did the levitations in my imagination. Cathe tells me that this fires up the core muscles too!

After getting outside and enjoying the beautiful spring weather, I took a long nap this afternoon and added to my pile of workout videos to clear out of here. I did not get to the grocery store as planned, but I can do that tomorrow after the worship service.

I hope y’all are having a delightful weekend. I am! I bounced on my rebounder tonight, and I am still too fired up to sleep. Hopefully, I will settle down soon because we are losing an hour tonight!

Jean, what are those fluffy white trees? I noticed those down here this week. They blossomed overnight! I see the cardinal! Hopefully, the bluebonnets will be here soon.

Blessings,
Heather B.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.