Shrinking Violets Check-in for January 22-28, 2007

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good morning, Violets! The weekend is here! I enjoyed the second and third segments of Total Body Stretching yesterday morning and bounced on my rebounder last night. I went to bed early and woke up early this morning feeling refreshed and renewed. I still have a hint of a cough every now and then, but I am starting to feel like myself again! Thanks to clean eating, my energy has been consistent all week. I am hungry this morning, which is unusual. I am not usually interested in food until 7:00 a.m. I need to fuel my body before my morning workout. I am looking forward to Kick, Punch, & Crunch this morning.

I am committed to eating clean on the weekends. Weekend eating has historically been my downfall. That is all about to change. I feel so much better when my eating is clean and balanced. I added more variety to my menus this week. Not only do I feel better, but I am more satisfied with my eating overall. Instead of having a “free” day every weekend, I decided to plan some of my favorite foods into my menu and make them as clean as possible. I am planning to fix my favorite lasagna for lunch. Hodgson Mill makes a gourmet line of whole wheat pasta with milled flax seed. I love the flavor of this lasagna. I fix it with organic pasta sauce, fat free ricotta cheese, string cheese, and Parmesan cheese. It is yummy and nutritious. I bought some almond macaroons that are made with unsweetened coconut, honey, egg whites, and natural almond flavor. I am planning to eat a salad with my lasagna for lunch and enjoy clementines with my macaroons for my afternoon snack. I am determined to keep eating 8-10 fruits and veggies a day even on weekends and holidays.

Cathe is waiting for me. It is time to fuel my body and get moving!

Wendy, the weather is nice in Texas this week! I am so thankful. I am not a winter girl. Good job with your workouts. I am looking forward to seeing pictures and celebrating with you! I hope you like the recovery week. I tried a recovery week last year, and it triggered a case of the blues because I am addicted to intense cardio.

Kali, your new job sounds great! Are you eating clean with me this weekend?

Jean, is your knee feeling better today?

Maeghan, I am glad you ankle is feeling better.

Sunny and Kim, where are you?

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

Morning Heather and all the Shrinkers!

Heather, I will eat as clean as possible with you this weekend. I feel the same way about eating clean. I just feel so much better when I eat clean. Just have to keep it consistent! A little cheat here and there is ok, but tanking on the weekend just ruins what we did all week! That has been part of my vicious cycle all along! I'm glad you're feeling good.

We stayed home last night and watched Top Chef from the other night. I had a few rum and diet cokes but didn't eat bad so I don't feel bad. I'm thinking PH today and a walk on the TM. I have DOMS in my hamstrings and don't feel like doing cardio. But all week I've done short cardio's and weight work and with eating clean I'm already seeing my definition better. So I figure a walk will be good.

Wendy did you check into the weekend of the 24th yet? I can't wait. Don't forget he'll be gone for the following weekend too if you can't make it for the 24th. Glad you're liking your workouts. I can't wait to see your results.

Meg how's the ankle? How's your eating? Good? Bad? Ugly? LOL.

Jean glad your knee is ok. Just keep an eye on it. I know I was freaky when I wasn't sure what was going on w/ my knee and hip. Did you tear a ligament or think you did? I found out nothing was wrong with my leg. Just wear and tear from working out.

Have a good morning! BBL!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

Hi girls.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. No time for personals but just wanted to pop in for a hello. I ran 5 miles at the gym today. I used a combo of Itreads plus straight up running and it turned out to be an awesome run!}( Tomorrow is a much needed rest day. AAAAaaaahhhh!:)

Kali, I will talk to DH this weekend. I am reasonably sure that weekend should be a go though! I can't wait either!:)

Okay, I'm outta here...I'll come back later or tmrw for some personals!:)

Shrinking Violets Check-in

This was a lovely day. I am in a very good place. I am filled with feelings of peace, contentment, and satisfaction. I love and look forward to my workouts, and I love my way of eating too. This is a lifestyle that allows me to enjoy the journey.

Cathe wore me out during Kick, Punch, & Crunch. This is an intense cardio workout. It is a lot of fun too! I am unique in that Kick Max is my favorite kickboxing workout followed by Cardio Kicks. I love this one and Kickbox too. I love hi-lo, and the Kick Max blast challenge is my favorite rebounding workout of all time. I also enjoy the kick and punch combinations with all the pivots and turns. The leg conditioning drills remind me of a ballet class. Cardio Kicks has a hi-lo flavor too. I love having the variety in my collection. I did the Kick, Punch, & Crunch stability ball abs this morning but watched Cathe do the pikes! The music during this segment of the workout is fantastic! I wrapped up my workout with the Kickbox planks and abs from the Ab Hits DVD.

I enjoyed a very restful and restorative day and finished my grocery shopping tonight. I have energy to burn, so I am planning to bounce on my rebounder tonight. Tomorrow is my planned rest day.

My eating was moderately clean today with planned treats, so it was not as clean as my weekday menu. This is what I enjoyed today:

Breakfast: organic Barbara’s Breakfast O’s (fruit juice sweetened), organic strawberries, almond milk

Snack: ak-mak whole wheat crackers, natural peanut butter, organic banana

Lunch: lasagna (organic whole wheat lasagna with milled flax seed, organic pasta sauce, fat free ricotta cheese, string cheese, Parmesan cheese), salad (romaine lettuce, iceberg lettuce, red cabbage, carrots, cucumber slices), homemade honey mustard dressing (raw honey, yellow mustard)

Snack: almond macaroons (unsweetened coconut, honey, egg whites, natural almond flavor), clementine

Dinner: corn on the cob (steamed), extra fine green beans (steamed), navel orange

Kali, did you enjoy your walk today?

Wendy, I only spent $55.00 on groceries this week!

Have a blessed Sunday, Violets!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.