searching for a book help!

wvmom2four

please someone tell me how to find, order , purchase something , the book "burn the fat feed the muscle"? i've searched everywhere. it sounds interesting. i've looked in the search forum and i finally found the author. can someone give me a clue? thanks, so much. also, do you know if that book about clean eating by tosca reno is of much help.? i sure need it. how do you guys do it with kids? i have 4!

To my knowledge, the Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle is only available for download from the website. He also has a free newsletter you can sign up for. I have not read the Clean Eating book, but have gotten the magazine to fill some time on vacation this week. A lot of people enjoy the book. I am more into designing my own eating plan beyond what is in that book but have done tons of research already. If the idea is new to you, I would try it. You can get some good excerpts on Amazon of all of her books. As far as kids, just start slowly and explain to them what you are doing and why. There is a book called Deceptively Delicious that is quite good for kids. Also, if you have a Whole Foods near you, you can often get the same sort of foods that they probably already eat, but with much better ingredients and no chemicals. Target carries some of the same brands, and it seems that grocery stores in general are starting to catch on. Good luck! You will feel so much better for doing this.

thanks so much for the info. i will definitely check it out. i'd like further advice on the clean eating diet from anyone willing. what i mean about the kids is affording it! isn't it quite a bit more expensive? they already know a lot more than most kids do about eating healthier. we live in an area where noone that i know personally eats/;lives fit! its a hard area to be healthy in. i don't live near a whole foods or health food store. i live an hour from a target or anything else of that sort. we have a walmart!! thanks again:D

I contacted Tom about purchasing his book "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" and told him I really wanted his book but didn't want the hassle of printing it out. He told me he had a few hard copies and would send me that for just the cost of the e-book & shipping. It came all put together in a 3 ring binder with all the extras! This was over a year ago so I'm not sure he still does it. It is a very informative book and worth the price.

You could check Amazon.com for the other clean eating book. They usually have free shipping for purchases over $25.

JJ

New hardbound book January 2009!

Tom sent out emails this past Friday stating he has a hardbound copy of BFFM coming out January 2009!!!

He said it will contain all new material!!!!

Tosca has a new book released this month and it's clean eating for kids. I have seen the ads for it in Oxygen. She will be including 60 family friendly recipes in this book. I have not actually purchased it but I will look for it because I would like to get my kids interested in eating better. Eating clean is hard to do unless you are able to get the entire family interested. Hopefully this book has some great recipes that kids will enjoy.

thanks so much for the info. i will definitely check it out. i'd like further advice on the clean eating diet from anyone willing. what i mean about the kids is affording it! isn't it quite a bit more expensive? they already know a lot more than most kids do about eating healthier. we live in an area where noone that i know personally eats/;lives fit! its a hard area to be healthy in. i don't live near a whole foods or health food store. i live an hour from a target or anything else of that sort. we have a walmart!! thanks again:D

I do my shopping at Wal-Mart! I don't have four kids, but...healthy eating is absolutely possible without a Whole Foods, Trader Joes, etc. I don't have those where I live either so there's not much of a choice. For me, it seems like I'm spending more money on the basics like veggies, eggs, bulk chicken, etc, but I'm not spending anything on the already boxed/processed stuff, so it doesn't feel any more expensive. The time investment is definitely higher, but after a while you get used to preparing your own food and it becomes much more enjoyable. (The preparing and the eating!)

You can absolutely do it! Congratulations on making the decision! You're going to feel great. Just don't feel pressure to make the switch 100% the first day. Try out a clean snack or meal here or there, slowly stock up on the basics, and before you know it you're there!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.