Road Trip - 2009?

daddyo

I am a new user (and male!) so I apologize if this question has been answered previously (if so, I cannot find it anywhere).
Is Cathe planning a Road Trip (or 2) in 2009?
My wife (obsessed-Cathelete) missed last year due to being pregnant, and if I do not get her there this year, I will hear about it for another year.
I would attend too - but I can barely make it through the KickBox DVD (for now).
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hi daddyo!

I am a new user (and male!) so I apologize if this question has been answered previously (if so, I cannot find it anywhere).
Is Cathe planning a Road Trip (or 2) in 2009?
My wife (obsessed-Cathelete) missed last year due to being pregnant, and if I do not get her there this year, I will hear about it for another year.
I would attend too - but I can barely make it through the KickBox DVD (for now).
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hi daddyo!

I've been one of Cathe's Road Trip Coordinators for the past three years, so I'll take a fling at answering for ya.

No worries, you haven't missed any news. :) Cathe hasn't made any decisions about 2009 Road Trips yet, and in fact generally isn't able to commit to her summer schedule until after the first few months of the year. If she and Chris decide to have one or more Road Trips this summer, Cathe will make a very visible announcement on the Forums telling us when the registration will open, how it'll work, what the registration fee will be, what's tentatively planned for the agenda, etc. You'll have plenty of notice to make sure your wife gets registered. ;) And listen, you ought to come too -- it's a low-stress, do-what-you-can, fun-oriented weekend and we have attendees of every possible fitness level (including some who've never even done a Cathe video).

Hope this helps! :)

PLEASE have a road trip!!!!
Let's all try to talk Cathe and our wonderful coordinators into it.!!!
ellie

PLEASE have a road trip!!!!
Let's all try to talk Cathe and our wonderful coordinators into it.!!!
ellie

I'm sure you, Jerry, Phyllis and Gayle will have her full attention over the next few Tri-Stater visits... couldn't hurt to put a bug in her ear (a really BIG one)! I'd even think about making an East Coast trip for that!

Hi Dani and Ellie!

I'm sure you, Jerry, Phyllis and Gayle will have her full attention over the next few Tri-Stater visits... couldn't hurt to put a bug in her ear (a really BIG one)! I'd even think about making an East Coast trip for that!

Hi you two! Hey listen, you don't need to do any persuading here (and I know I speak for Deb & Lorrayne too :)). We're on board with our toes twinkling as soon as our dear Cathe gives us the go-ahead.

I can also tell you for 100% certainty, straight from the horse's mouth, that Cathe LOVES having Road Trips and would love to have one or more this year. She's just not able to say in January, yet, what she'll be able to commit to doing six months from now. (Gee, I can't imagine why -- it's not like she's BUSY or has lots of things on her plate or anything!! ;))

The minute we have RT news that we can report here, you'll hear from us, believe me!!! :D

Thanks Kathy :)

I'm sure we all understand the enormous amount of work that Cathe & SNM have taken on and with STS wrapping up, Cathe TV and WM2! :) And I can only venture to guess that RT's are a LOT of work as well... Heck I don't even know what I'm doing tomorrow, so completely understand Cathe not being able to look that far into the future right now... I joined the forum after the last RT last year, so have no idea what to expect, but can only assume that the boards will light up like a Christmas tree if/when a RT is announced :D

If I were Cathe, I'd be taking a nice LONG vacation after STS! Something tells me that's not gonna happen though! :eek:

Dani...

Long story short...it will be well worth the trip East for a Cathe RT, just trust me.

It sure is worth putting a Cathe Road Trip on the bucket list. It sure is an event that will leave you with pleasant memories. Just meeting Cathe, the crew, and our fellow Forum members is well worth the trip.

Speaking as one of the Coordinators, it is well worth the work putting this event together. We three truly feel honored to help out Cathe and her staff in making this event something that is special for each road tripper. Heck, it's filled with fond memories for me, too! :D
Lorrayne

Thanks for all of the replies.
I will keep my eyes and ears open - and you WILL see my better half there if a Road Trip materializes in 2009. I, may pass, as although I like to tell her I am in great shape, the Cathe DVD's are out of my league.

I wanted to chime in on the road trip because I just figured my taxes and I am expecting a nice return... I would love to put some of that away for a Cathe road trip! I missed last year because we had just gone to Disneyland and I couldn't afford 2 trips in a year. This year we're trying to organize a trip back east (Massachusetts) to see family, and it would be great if we could work the road trip into that somehow. We'd rent a car and drive to NJ. Cathe has been my idol and inspiration for 10+ years -- this trip is definitely on the bucket list!

Charlene

Last edited:
Daddyo...

You sound like an amazing husband!! I also missed last year's RT because I was 36 weeks pregnant at the time. I went on the 2007 RT (a few days after I got married). It was amazing!! My DH knows that I fully intend on making it this year if there is a RT in 2009. I will keep a watchful eye out with you!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.