Powermax!

Lex411

Cathlete
I forgot how much darn fun this workout is! I did the CTX 6 day rotation for 4 weeks and just switched to a totally different one and did Powermax today for the first time in months. This is such a fun step workout, I especially love the middle section! It reminds me of the live classes that made me fall in love with stepping in the first place. And the music is a riot, really fun.

Anyone else remember Powermax and still use it? It's a slower tempo than her more recent stuff, but man it's still challenging, and that variety is so great. Tomorrow I do MIS and the next day IntervalMax. Talk about fun and hard! All my old favorites. I thought I'd miss CTX because I love it so much, but doing these "older" faves has been a total blast!

Hi Lex,
I still do PowerMax and the other older step tapes and I agree, they are such great, fun workouts!

I was wondering, what is the REST of your rotation? The first 3 days look great and you got me curious about the rest of it!

Thanks! :)
Debbie

That one & Meaner Legs...

....are my personal favorites of the CTX series.

I love Power Max, Step Fit and Step Jam. Hoping Cathe will do similar tapes in her next go-around.
P.S. My favorite part of Power Max is the third section.

RE: That one & Meaner Legs...

Powermax isn't part of the CTX series, it's an older step tape. Have you ever tried it? Really fun moves and music.

Ah, my second 4 week rotation, let's see...

Mon- MIS
Tues- Powermax
Wed- Interval Max
Thurs- MIS
Fri- MIC
Sat- Circuit Max

I started the first week a day off the plan because I had one day of really horrible asthma from a bad reaction to something I ate. No biggie, just needed a day to let my lungs recover and clear. So I'm skipping Interval Max this week, I might attach a 5th week on, just because I like all those workouts.

So, that's my new plan. Lots of old favorites, and I can't believe how much stronger I am at MIS now after doing CTX for 4 weeks!! I am able to do 45 pounds for legs, 35 for chest...way way more than I could before and with good form and everything. Kind of freaked me out. I kept having to go up a little more and more until I found what worked and I was like "wow! check me out!" Very rewarding, and proof that these series and workouts really do their jobs.

Take care!

Of course, You're right!!!

Duh!!!! I was referring to "Power Circuit" of course!!! I feel so stupid. Oh, well, I like to plug my favorite tapes.

RE: Of course, You're right!!!

I love Power Circuit too, I'm a huge fan of circuit training and that one is really fun and really tough. Do you have Circuit Max?

I have Circuit Max

....and it's on my favorites list for Cathe tapes along with BodyMax and Imax. I call them the "more bang for your buck" tapes. Bodymax and Circuit Max have the extra strength training work and, of course, Imax is a "more bang for the buck" as far as intensity for the time you put into it. I never thought I'd think of Imax as fun, but I do now!!!! I love that tape. When I did it for the first time a year ago, I thought I'd die after I did it. But it's now actually FUN!!! So is BodyMax.

I hope Cathe makes another interval tape like Imax.

RE: I have Circuit Max

I hope she does more circuit and interval workouts, too, those are my favorites. Must be the variety, intensity and efficiency. I'd love to see a circuit workout for upper or lower body, or both, that is all step in between. I submitted those ideas to the link Cathe posted before. Let's hope enough other people want the same thing so we can add those to the collection someday.

Just did Powermax for the first time...

....and it was a goody! I sure worked up a sweat, but found the last sectiona little tricky! Not the 360's....believe it or not, I got those with no problem. I'll have to do it next week so I can get the choreography down. The only Cathe I have that I haven't done is Stepworks. How tough is that one as far as choreography is concerned compared to Powermax?

StepWorks

Hi HB!
I found Step Works to be pretty challenging as far as choreography, but when I got it I didn't have many Cathe videos yet. Since you've already done all of her other ones, I really don't think you will have any problem - most of the moves in StepWorks are already in her other videos.
How are you doing with that bread machine? ;-)
Erica

Bread Machine

I've been making bread at least twice a week! Not to eat myself...I usually save one to eat and give away one. A co-worker had a personal disappointment this week, so I gave him some bread to help make him feel better. It works out well that way.
So far I've just used mixes, since I've found that they are so good and inexpensive ($1.79-$2.09). My local grocer has at least four brands of mixes, and I heard they have a good variety at the wholesale clubs.
I REALLY have to watch how much I eat of it, however. It's easy to get carried away.:9:9:9:9:9:9 There are a ton of bread machine recipes out there in cyberspace, so I can experiment until I wear out the machine!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.