Post-Partum Check-In Week of 5/30

jaypea

Cathlete
Hi Everyone! I am getting back into doing Cathe workouts little by little. Here are my workouts from last week:

Sunday-walk-30 min (with baby)
Mon: KPC-cardio workout, Bowflex, 10 min
Tues: Hard Core Extreme-2nd workout ( I am not home, and I forget what it is called).
Wed: KPC-cardio workout, Ab routine from one of the beginner level DVDs (I am having a brain freeze)
Thurs: Supersets, WAlk with baby 30 min.
Fri, SAt-off

I am feeling much better after my surgery (c-section). It almost feels like I never even went through that. I have a belly pooch that I hope will go down with consistent exercise and clean eating (something I need to do more of).

I was down to the 120's finally (well, 129.5 to be exact):) I added another pair of prepregnancy pants I can wear. I am still not wearing shorts-it just may be a capri type of summer.

Andy is doing fine-he still cries a lot, though. Hopefully, this will pass soon!

Have a great week!
-Jen

Hi Jen.

No work outs for me to report. Still too soon. :-(

Joey is now just over 2 weeks old. We are getting more comfortable with one another each day. I am taking it one day at a time. I have no real prior experience with babies so this whole experience is very new to me.

He is starting to sleep better at night. I think we are starting to see more good nights than bad. That's a great thing because momma needs more sleep so that she can stop getting cranky herself around 6pm! lol Joey and I were in bed about 9:45-10:00 last night. He took about 20 minutes to settle down but once he did I didn't hear another peep outta him until it was time to eat! I think I passed out as soon as he got quiet. lol He got up 2 times to eat but didn't fuss at all in between. I was thrilled! :D

Right now he is napping in his bouncy seat. I was doing dishes and have to make some more formula for him. I also need to pump. A little later I'll be venturing out with him I think. I have been a big chicken up till now and didn't go out much with alone if I didn't have to but we really do need to get out more! Well, I do atleast...for my own sanity's sake! lol I'm not sure if we will be heading off food shopping or just for a leisurely stroll down the street enjoying the beautiful weather.

We are off to MIL's this evening for dinner as soon as DH gets home from work also....

Have a great week!

Wendy

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

Baby Joey born May 14, 2005 11:19 pm 7 pounds 12 oz 21 inches long.

05/28/05 Check out new album "Me pre and post pregnancy" just added! http://www.PictureTrail.com/wendymin

Wendy, of course you shouldn't be working out yet! Light walking is excellent though, and you'll feel as though you're doing SOMETHING. Enjoy the sunshine! My mother swears that fresh air helps a baby sleep more soundly at night.

Here's the scoop on my workouts last week:

Sun. Cathe HE cardio 35 min.
Tues. Cathe SB 25 min + KPC Abs + Walking
Sat. Kathy Smith FF Lower Strength + Cathe Coremax 2
+ Cathe CTX Back and Chest

I would have worked out more, but little Eric and I spent 2 days at the hospital, including overnight for his hernia operation. I find it hard to plan my workouts, as I don't know how long Eric will nap for. He's often interrupted by his gas/colic, so sometimes he's down 20 min, other times a little over an hour. I attempted working out 3 times with one workout last week until I was able to complete it! Anyone else experience the same problem? I wish I had the energy to workout at night when my husband is home, but I get so wiped I'm in bed by nine or ten!

Jen V

Hi all.

Rylee is crying more and more it seems. It's really frustrating when I can't do anything to fix it. I am trying to be really patient. It helps when we other people around who can take turns holding her. Rylee loves being held and loves sleeping with us. I hope I'm not starting any bad habits but a happy baby is easier to deal with than a crying baby.

I have been trying to take a lot of walks. They calm Rylee down and keep me active. I have 1.5 lbs to go until I am at my pre-pregnancy weight and then 10 more from there to reach my goal. Today I tried on my pre-pregnancy "fat" jeans and they fit!

Well, that's really it for now. Hope all of you are having a good week.

imani

I have 1.5 lbs to go until I am at my pre-pregnancy weight and then 10 more from there to reach my goal. Today I tried on my pre-pregnancy "fat" jeans and they fit!

WOW Imani that is AMAZING!!! I could only hope to be so lucky! How many weeks postpartum are you now? Good for you, the next ten will be much easier to conquer if you are already down so quickly!

Btw my son was another baby who demanded to be held, and to sleep well the only way anyone was sleeping was if he slept with us. Yep the couple who said they would NEVER co-sleep did for 4 months! Anyway it gets better and hang in there!

I'm 4 weeks post-partum now. I attribute the quick loss to all the exercise I did during the pregnancy. I only gained 20 lbs with the pregnancy!

I'm glad to her that you did the cosleeping thing and it only lasted 4 months. Everyone keeps telling us that we should stop now or we will be sleeping with our 3 year old. Part of me thinks that a 1 month old is too young to cry herself to sleep. I'm going to try to gradually transition her to her crib and see how far I get.

imani

I have heard that you can not "spoil" such a young infant so you can do whatever it takes to get them to sleep at this point...but I don't where that ends and the SPOILING begins...?? Then again, there are those who believe no matter how young spoiling is possible...

My mom believes that if you the baby has a clean diaper, is fed, etc and you have tried to console the baby to no avail, that he/she just needs to cry (day or night) until they are done..eventually they will stop. Problem is..at night when poor DH is trying to sleep I can't let Joey cry himself out b/c it will keep DH up... but during the day I have when nothing else seems to make him happy or I have things to do and there is no reason for him to be fussing I will let him cry for a while. Eventually he DOES comfort himself and fall asleep. Sometimes it's what you gotta do or you'll go crazy...even the nurse who taught our lamaze class said it...sometimes you just gotta let a baby cry...breaks my heart to do it though! That's for sure!

Wendy

05/28/05 Check out new album "Me pre and post pregnancy" just added! http://www.PictureTrail.com/wendymin

Wendy-Did you get a chance to read my reply to you on the "phew-a moment of silence?" I gave you some tips for getting Joey to stop crying. Hope they work!
-Jen
p.s. I will start a fresh post-partum thread tomorrow.

Hi Jen.

I know that I read it...but my mind is a blurr...I must go back and re-read it now!lol Thanks!

Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.