PACE Express

Murphymax

Cathlete
Hello, everyone, has anyone heard of Dr. Al Sears PACE Express workout (It has been around for a while)? It is an interesting concept. I would love to get feedback on it, if anyone has tried it. Personally, I love my Cathe workouts; nevertheless, I have clients who "hate" to workout and I thought this might be a good option for them.

Hello, everyone, has anyone heard of Dr. Al Sears PACE Express workout (It has been around for a while)? It is an interesting concept. I would love to get feedback on it, if anyone has tried it. Personally, I love my Cathe workouts; nevertheless, I have clients who "hate" to workout and I thought this might be a good option for them.
I was given this set to review back when it was released. I was teaching back then and like you thought it might be something my clients would like. Sadly it didn’t pass muster.

The fact that I remember how poorly executed it was after all this time speaks volumes. I didn’t even give it away but disposed of the set.

In my experience, clients who hate to exercise aren’t usually on board with HIIT and that’s what PACE is loosely based upon.

There are so many better options out there including Cathe’s beginner DVDS, which include beginner weight training. The step aerobics can also be done on the floor effectively making it low impact.

The weight training segments are short. A client could perform only the warmup of the step ( on the floor, then progress to warmup and combo 1 and later the entire routine.

I was impressed by the way Cathe choreographed the step. I used it after a serious neck issue and it was extremely beneficial while being safe.

I was given this set to review back when it was released. I was teaching back then and like you thought it might be something my clients would like. Sadly it didn’t pass muster.

The fact that I remember how poorly executed it was after all this time speaks volumes. I didn’t even give it away but disposed of the set.

In my experience, clients who hate to exercise aren’t usually on board with HIIT and that’s what PACE is loosely based upon.

There are so many better options out there including Cathe’s beginner DVDS, which include beginner weight training. The step aerobics can also be done on the floor effectively making it low impact.

The weight training segments are short. A client could perform only the warmup of the step ( on the floor, then progress to warmup and combo 1 and later the entire routine.

I was impressed by the way Cathe choreographed the step. I used it after a serious neck issue and it was extremely beneficial while being safe.
Lannette, thank you so much for the thorough reply. I really appreciate it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.