Not hardcore but trying

Yes I have been told I have arthritis and shots in both knees. They don't bother me other than lunges. Back 25 years ago I had a trainer 3 times a week for nine years and was in good shape but lunges bothered me then.
I like to say 16 years ago I had a baby. My granddaughter was born and I took care of her since she was 2 weeks old. I didn't lose the 10lbs I had gained over Christmas that I normally always lost in January (she was born in January). I was so busy with her that I stopped exercising and 3 years later I got my grandson. Yes I only had them 5 days a week but I am self employed and had to do my work evenings and weekends. Then 9 years ago my mother, who lived with us, had to go to a nursing home. I went twice a day for 4 years bringing her lunch and dinner because she didn't like the food. I don't have an excuse for the last 5 years for not exercising but I did try several times but did not keep up with it for more than a week. I plan on this time to not give up.

Did not post super sets the other day or that I did most of STS original extended stretch. I think I will probably use that instead of STS2 for recovery.
I did the short version of lower body blast without the squats since I also did tri sets.
I was able to do warrior lunges with the gliding disks. and lunges with the front foot on a low step.

Finished week 2 on Tuesday. So will start week 3 with tri sets today. I don't mind the 12 week rotation. I seem to need a written schedule to follow. Choosing a workout myself even though I have dozens of dvds would probably end with no workout.

Joan, please don't feel intimidated at all. The beauty of Cathe workouts is that you can customize them to your abilities. We all have to start somewhere and work through physical limitations, illnesses, and whatever challenges life throws at us. I find there is a collective wisdom amongst Cathletes so keep on trying and ask questions because quite often at least one of us has ideas that can help-as you can see already! It's not that we are hard core, we are just dedicated to staying strong and healthy. Of course there are people like me who enjoy my workouts with Cathe and maybe one day you will too.

Thanks snowlover, it's funny I actually enjoy the workouts once I get started. It's the getting started. I finished tri sets this morning. I even lifted heavier than the other 2 days of tri sets and I can already feel the soreness. But that's good.

Tomorrow I take my husband in for a second biopsy in 6 months . They thought they would only need it every 2 years. I don't expect to get much done tomorrow but should be able to get a lot of walking in while I'm waiting.

Good Father's day but too much eating. Finished giant sets. Ten reps seems so much harder than eight. Supersets on Tuesday and week three will be done.

Finished week 3. That's more than I have done in a long time. I can't wait to see how well the single body part per day works. Of course that is 3 weeks away. I don't remember Cathe having any other program with single body parts per day. I think I will try to get extra leg days in during the last three weeks.

I should have started week 4 today but I had a mammogram . When she was positioning me she pushed my shoulder back and over and I am still sore in that shoulder. It seems so strange because that shoulder never hurts.

Husbands prostate biopsy came back as same stage of cancer as 6 months ago but in a new spot. Since they don't want to do anything about it I don't know why they want to keep up with the biopsy.

Sunday was lower body 1. I think it was one of the best lower body workouts I have tried. I upped weights a little on upper body today. Since the workouts have been hard, I'm not in a rush to go heavier until it gets easier. On some of the sets I just added a rep or two . I can't believe it but I think my upper arms are tighter. I plan on measuring tomorrow.

I did lower body 2 on Thursday and I did not like it near as well as 1. I don't know why. I need to compare the two. Today was upper body 2.

Weighed on July 1 and weighed the same as June 1. I am thrilled. I spent most of the month hungry all the time and eating twice as much as I had been on my diet. Can't decide if I will start week 5 today or Monday.

Finished upper body 1. Extra rest day must have helped. I was down 5lbs from my July 1 weigh in. I frequently have a delayed loss. Usually by the time I give up and start eating a lot again, 3 days later the scale is down. Of course since I would start eating again the gain was delayed and showed up the nest week. I wonder why we always have so few members online and so many guests?

Finally measured myself. I wish I had done this in the beginning. I am down to the weight I was 6 years ago but measurements are 1 to 1.5 inches bigger in most areas. Finished lower body 1. I think I will just use lower body 2 in the future. I still like it so much better than 1>

Just finished an advanced Cathe step from 1988. Of course I only kept moving for the hour, I had to adjust all the steps. It was nice to see Cedie again.

Thank you nickisteen and Lannette for the encouragement.

Still busy emptying my closets and storage areas and then decided to do "spring cleaning".
I have run out of desire and my kids can get rid of the rest of my "treasures" when they inherit. Today starts week seven.

I have never done a separate body part rotation. Because I take more random rest days, to catch up on upper and lower body I just alternated 3 or 4 in a week. Cathe has 2 days scheduled in a row but I think if I needed more in a row I would need to put legs in as the 3rd day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.