New & Improved STS 1RM Test Excel Spreadsheet

christosz

Cathlete
Hi everyone!

It's been awhile and as I am ready to embark on another STS trip, I decided to make the STS 1RM test sheet more functional.

I have included the first 12 workout cards plus STS Total Body. All you have to do is enter the weights and reps of your 1RM in the first page and the 1RM value will be filled in each and every workout card. You'll also get the percentage for each card calculated automatically in each and every workout card (hope it makes sense...).

I am currently working on discs 13-24 and I will upload them as soon as I am done.

Please feel free to let me know if there are any mistakes in there or if you have any suggestions.

Please note that this is an Excel spreadsheet, which you can open on a PC or Mac, with Excel or Numbers.

Cheers,

Chris.

Edit: The second file is the full 36 disc spreadsheet.

Attachments

• Excel STS 1RM Test_Cards 1-12.zip
    57.9 KB · Views: 292
  • Excel STS 1RM Test_Cards.zip
    52.3 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
I got this message after downloading : windows could not complete the extraction. the destination could not be created :eek:

What could I be doing wrong? I know we have excel/spreadsheet cause its being used for other things. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

I got this message after downloading : windows could not complete the extraction. the destination could not be created :eek:

What could I be doing wrong? I know we have excel/spreadsheet cause its being used for other things. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Hi Jessica.

Please try to re-download as I think something went wrong when I compressed the file.

THX,
Chris.

this is a good idea! thx for taking the time to do it. I wonder if I did something wrong, though. The exercise #s don't seemed to be keyed the same when comparing those from the 1RM list to the disks.

For instance,
Exercise #182 on 1RM list is BB curls w/ band attached, but, 182 on the Total body sheet is keyed to Flat Bench Press, Chest Flys, BB Rows.

Exercise #687 on the 1RM list is Side Leaning Lateral Raise, but on Total body Sheet is keyed to Squats(dumbbell).

Exercise #196 is Hammer Curl double Arm on the 1RM List, but, is Incline Chest Flys (dumbbell) on the Disc 1 Sheet.

There are many more that I won't list, but, I was thinking maybe something got shifted? Maybe because I have Windows 7 and you have something different the transfer of data got messed up somehow?

Thanks for all your effort and time on this!

Sorry about that, Linda, but it seems that the LOOKUP function doesn't work when I saved the spreadsheet as .xlsx.

So, here's the file in .xls which I have already checked and works in my Excel. I have MS Office 2010.

If you still have problems, I would suggest rechecking and entering the Exercise numbers in the workout cards by hand. That way you won't have errors in the 1RM calculations. I'm sorry but I can't seem to find a way around some function errors in the .xlsx version of the document.

Chris.

Attachments

• Excel STS 1RM Test_Cards (xls).zip
    52.3 KB · Views: 162
Sorry about that, Linda, but it seems that the LOOKUP function doesn't work when I saved the spreadsheet as .xlsx.

So, here's the file in .xls which I have already checked and works in my Excel. I have MS Office 2010.

If you still have problems, I would suggest rechecking and entering the Exercise numbers in the workout cards by hand. That way you won't have errors in the 1RM calculations. I'm sorry but I can't seem to find a way around some function errors in the .xlsx version of the document.

Chris.

Thanks Chris. I did look at the last attachment and there are still the descrepancies, so, I'll enter them in by hand(when I have some time). Hope I don't make errors.

Why do you think it doesn't work for me. Is it a Windows 7 thing? I have Microsoft Office 2007.
I might be able to try on my daughter's computer and see if she gets the info correctly, as she has a really old version.

Hopefully it will work for the other people and thanks again....

Thanks Chris. I did look at the last attachment and there are still the descrepancies, so, I'll enter them in by hand(when I have some time). Hope I don't make errors.

Why do you think it doesn't work for me. Is it a Windows 7 thing? I have Microsoft Office 2007.
I might be able to try on my daughter's computer and see if she gets the info correctly, as she has a really old version.

Hopefully it will work for the other people and thanks again....

I think it has to do with the version of MS Office/Excel one is using. It works fine for me when I save it as .xls and open it in Excel 2010, but if I save it as .xlsx it comes up with exactly the same errors you mentioned. When I open it in Numbers (Apple's equivalent to Excel) it opens just fine as well... Go figure... LOLOL

In any case as soon as you enter the correct exercise numbers in the workout cards, you should be fine. I would also suggest you do this for each workout card just the day before your workout. This way you won't do all 37 cards in one day and get sick of it... ;-)

Chris.

I think it has to do with the version of MS Office/Excel one is using. It works fine for me when I save it as .xls and open it in Excel 2010, but if I save it as .xlsx it comes up with exactly the same errors you mentioned. When I open it in Numbers (Apple's equivalent to Excel) it opens just fine as well... Go figure... LOLOL

In any case as soon as you enter the correct exercise numbers in the workout cards, you should be fine. I would also suggest you do this for each workout card just the day before your workout. This way you won't do all 37 cards in one day and get sick of it... ;-)

Chris.

Good point about not entering all in 1 day to make the corrections. I would be sick of it. I still haven't got a chance to download on my daughters PC. I still have my son's and husband's computers that I can try this on, too. But, I will let you know. So strange that excel cannot save accurately from one version to the next!

thanks again....

Apparently, my daughter's really old version of Exel (Microsoft 2002) isn't getting the correct data either. I've got 2 more computers to try(not sure of the Microsoft versions). Guess I will have to come out of the Stone Age sometime so I can get cool things to help me!

One more thing I did today was copy and paste the whole name of the exercise either from the workout card to the 1RM list or vice versa wherever there was an error (copying from the workout card to the 1RM list is better since it automatically corrects all cards, whereas if you copy from the 1RM to the workout card you might need to do it for every workout card).

Does this work differently than the Workout Manager? That calculates the weight you should be using for each exercise which you've done a 1RM test

No, it is the same concept. It's just an Excel spreadsheet with a list of the exercises you should do a 1RM test, plus the 37 STS workout cards (36 discs + STS Total Body).

Chris.

Thank you for taking the time to create this; I was considering doing the same thing but decided to search the forums to see if it had already been done. :)

This is amazing! It was totally off my radar. Thanks so much for putting it together and sharing it with us, Chris; and thanks, Sherilyn, for posting about it. :)

I'm bumping this because I'm doing my 1RM over to start STS again and was looking for a comprehensive list of the exercises to test. This looks like it might be it! Thanks, Chris!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.