Lisa - LHK

emy

Cathlete
Lisa, I just wanted to respond, but didn't want to add it to Melanie's Maggie post which is getting long. Anyway, I hope work is working :p out well. Thanks for the thanks :p too! Anyway, all you need if there is another baby in your future is a water birth. The warm water makes all the difference. I can't remember if you tried that, but I'm thinking you didn't?

Lily, my 6 month old, is just getting two teeth in and is rolling and wiggling all over the place. No sitting up alone yet though. My 2 year old Max is fun and vigorous (a good word for him), but just learned to climb out of his crib thanks to a sneaky 6 year girl teaching him how. Needless to say, he is sleeping less. This is pathetic, but a few days ago I stopped bothering to put him to sleep in his crib. He just climbs out and sleeps on the floor, so I've made him a "nest" on the floor and he sleeps there until we go shopping for some kind of bed for him. Does your 2 year old sleep in a bed now? If so, a toddler size bed or regular bed? Any suggestions? Anway, I will send you my email address and would love some pics!

Hi Emy- I sent you some pictures by email. Hope you got them! Cole just got his two bottom front teeth last week. He sits alone, but topples very easily...sort of lurches forward into a crawl :)
He crawls pretty well now.
As for Lys (2 1/2), she is still happily in her crib. She's never climbed out once, so we're not eager to change things! But when it's time, her crib converts to a toddler bed, meaning the front comes off and the mattress will lower, like a daybed w/ 3 sides. We'll do that once she wants to climb out. But she is the only person who sleeps upstairs so we want to keep any potential walking to a minimum. Cole will join her upstairs soon. He's still in our room in a cradle that he is really outgrowing FAST. I often try to put him down in his crib in his room, but it hasn't worked out yet.
Funny about the nest! Does he wander at night at all? I don't *think* Alyssa would; she sleeps through really well.

Lisa

When I think about it, the nest really is funny (and kind of primitive). Yes, if put it the crib he will throw his blankets and pillows out and sleep on the floor and we tried the crib mattress on the floor and he won't do that either. The fortunate thing in this situation is that he can't open door knobs yet, so he can't escape his room at will, and can't wander. Like you we have the baby in our room for a long time - Lily was in our room until last week, when we finally (at 6 months) moved her to another room. Lucky for you that Alyssa still likes her crib.

Thanks for the pictures! Cole and Alyssa are so cute! They look a lot alike too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.