Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

This morning I did RAW Tabata weight Circuits. (Great workout - I love it) and then finished with Cardio Weight Tabata intervals until Kelly moved to the floor for plank and pushup. I just ran out of time.

I caved and ordered two workouts last night, both KCM stepboxing that are really old. I can't get them from the library and I really have liked her stepboxing workouts so I'm going to give them a try!

Belinda my standard modification for jumping is to pulse the move if that makes sense. So instead of tuck jumps I do squat pulses. Instead of jumping lunges I do pulsing lunges and switch sides about half way. I will do box jumps up but then step down so I just do about half of what they do. Its been a while since I've done RWH legs so I would have to watch it again to remember exactly all the modifications.

Doreen - thanks you for all the modifications. I will try them out next time. I can't remember the last time I did the Plyo? Same with Cross Fire and tabata, lol. Did you order her new workouts on amazon? Good for you.

This morning I did Fit Split Low Impact timesaver cardio only 27 minutes, 119 average 149, met 5.8, 173 calories 1,966 steps. I then did Kelly Coffey Sculpting RX workout #1, 44 minutes with the warm up(you can do it without the warm up) heart rate average 108, max 144, 859 steps, met 4.5, 218 calories. Total time was 71 minutes, 391 calories. I went up in the weights on most again. This is the fourth time through this since I have done it once each week. I will move on to something else for heavy weights.

Sculpting RX 10 reps all exercises done in supersets each superset done two times
Hammer curls 20## dbs, 20# dbs
weights on shoulders squat out and hold then second set pulses 25#dbs, 20# dbs

front curls 15# dbs, 20 # dbs
front lunge on step back knee pull 20#dbs, 20# dbs

alternating supination curl 20# dbs 20# dbs second set double arm curl
squat fold and up 20# dbs 25# dbs

row on step underhand 1 arm 30# db, 30# db
front raise 1 db 15# 15#

bent over row overhand 30# dbs, 25# dbs
lateral raise 10# dbs, 10#dbs

row from feet seated 15# dbs, 16.5# dbs(wore 1.5# gloves with 10# dbs
overhead press seated 1 & 1/2 10# dbs, 11.5# dbs

flys pinky in 15# dbs , 16.5# dbs
skull crusher 15# dbs, 16.5# dbs

bench press 16.5# dbs, 16.5# dbs
seated kickbacks 16# dbs, 15# dbs

push ups
dips with pulses

I am slow getting here. I had my grandson here today and was entertaining him. Too long at a time on the computer and he is wanting help with something. I do not get him here as much as I used to. We played games and went to the store. For a 7 year old, he did well with clue. He won !!

Doreen, I think that the older Step Boxing workouts are fun and the music is fun. On one of them (not a 30 minutes to fitness workout) she uses the step turned vertical for part of the workout. It is fun. I got it at the same time I got one that is a cardio and weight step workout. I really do like both. I do not always jump onto and off the step. I jump on and step off. I remember when they used to say jumping off was hard on the knees. I don't know what happened to that concept.

Belinda, I hope they got your roof done. I have had my heat on some too. It has become rather chilly at night and in the morning.

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Kick Step Boxing 70 minutes, 463 calories, met 6.0, heart rate average 128, max 160, 6,129 steps. I have my grandson here and I am expecting a call from the roofers as we called and left messages. Our roof is still leaking same as before :( I need to geet out the shampooer and see if I can get some of that water up out of the rug.

Diane Sue - Good job with Sculpting RX. I think I have done wo #1 about 4 times as well. Wo #2 only once.

I did Stepboxing2 this morning - combined wo 1&2 premix. I used my 1# gloves this time - love it with the gloves.

I heard once that jumping off the box or step was risky to tear and achilles tendon... after I heard that I stopped jumping off and just step off. Even if they are jumping off in the workout. I'm at the point that I don't care and will modify anything and everything to suit me in just about every workout I do. I've found that overhead tricep extensions cause my low back to ache so I anytime anyone does them I lay on the floor and do skull crushers. No big deal.

Good morning,

We have people working on the roof, siding and installation. They also will work on the gutters today. We had a lot of damage from the storm a few weeks ago.

It's so cold outside, we had frost on the ground. Not looking forward to the chilly weather.

I slept in this morning. The roofer showed up really early this morning. I couldn't get my workout in. Besides taking the dogs for walk, I doubt I will get a workout today. We shall see. The dogs are scared from all the loud noises.

Diane Sue and Doreen - great job this morning.

I will try to be back later.

Doreen, I have done Sculpting RX 2 3 times now and have added it to something else each time. The first time I did both workouts on the dvd. I adjust with workouts too. There is no reason to do something that I know is going to cause me pain that should not be there. When I have workouts where they do pull overs with their head and shoulders only on the bench I do it lying on the bench. It really pulls on my shoulders and neck and I am afraid I will injure something if I am using heavier weight, trying to get the dumbbell back down to the floor in that position. I don't see where it is more beneficial doing it like it is sometimes done. Shoulders is where I have to be very careful. Also on the workout I did today, Kelly kneels on a half round foam looking thing for the punching abs work. I do this with 3# as she suggests some weights as she is doing it. It makes my knees hurt when I have one knee on something as long as these last. I used a mat rolled up today, but ended up raising my knee up into a lunge position for part of it. I am thinking standing and doing it is probably better. I remember it always did bother me, no matter what I used under my knee.

Belinda, it is good that your guys got there early. Maybe you will have the roof all done today.

This morning I had some extra time and decided to try a Julia workout on YT. This one she just posted looked fun

It was fun. There was just one tabata pair with handstand taps and donkey kicks that I FF through as the move just didn't feel fun after I did one round. And I only did four rounds of her finisher.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Sculpt Fitness, cardio and drills mix, 40 minutes, average heart rate 127, max 176, 265 calories, 3,018 steps, met 6.0. I was short on time as we went to my daughter's this morning so my husband could help our son in law work on his deck and steps around the front and side of their house. He has had a hard time getting it done with rain and activities. I really had planned on doing the full workout to get in some weights. I have things to get ready for our family get together tomorrow. I ended up with my 3 younger grandchildren together yesterday afternoon and evening.

Doreen, I remember seeing some of Julia's workouts. What is up with the hand stands and stuff? I think I would skip them too. The workouts look good though

Belinda, great job getting RWH chest, shoulders and triceps in.

We are on day 4 today. The roof and siding is done. They delivered the wrong gutters. I have to get the right ones and will finish the gutters on Monday.

Diane Sue - fantastic job on your workout today. Sorry the rain made it difficult to work on the deck and stairs. I am sure your grandchildren kept you busy yesterday. You probably burned a lot of calories.

Doreen - thank for the link. I will check out the workout this weekend. Great job today.

Reactions: WD
Belinda, sorry they delivered the wrong gutters, you could have had it done. Yes, I had over 11,000 steps and 22 floors yesterday according to my Fit Bit.

Belinda, I am so sorry:( I will be praying for the family and their loss. I really wish you and your husband could have been there.

Good morning,

RWH HC UB is done. I also did D15 SBF LB.

Doreen, thank you. We will leave Wednesday for the services.

BBL!

Reactions: WD
This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Overload workout #1 35 minutes, heart rate average 118, max 153, 2,304 steps, met 5.9, 220 calories,2,304 steps, my vest was at 17# :O (my mistake as I did not realize the vest itself weighed 12# and the weight packets are 1# each in the Altus weight best like Cathe's) It was tough!! So I took out some weight thinking I was taking out 2.5# and it was only 1# for workout #2, 16# vest, 33 minutes, met 5.9, 216 calories, heart rate average 123, max 147, 2,458 steps. Total time was 68 minutes, 436 calories, 4,762 steps.
The workout was tough with that much weight. I think I will be good at planks and push ups after the work at the end of workout #1 with the vest on. Anything after that should be easy :) I liked the workouts and will do them them next time without the weight packs in the vest. It would probably stay in place better. I had looped my yoga strap through it and tied it around my waist to help keep it from sliding around. Kelly's does not seem to slide at all.

Belinda, I am glad you will be able to go to the services. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. I guess the dogs will be gone soon?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.