Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Today I did Low Impact Circuit followed by 4DS LIS.

Doreen, it looks interesting. I haven't done a paper series in years. Do you find it motivating?

Belinda, good job on Zumba. Are you enjoying the gym?

Diane Sue, good luck with the art projects. Jewelry and shoes sounds good to me. Happy early birthday.

Good workouts all.

Laura - yes, I do :) Lots of fun! Love Kb and Zumba. Nice combo today, girl.

Today I did Ice Chiseled Lower Body, 49 minutes, heart rate 122 avg./max 155, 324 calories. I then did Ice Muscle Meltdown Biceps using 15# dumbbells, 17 minutes, 55 calories, heart rate 100 avg./123 max. Total time was 66 minutes, calories 379.

Doreen, your workouts sound interesting. I am not real good about sticking with Paper Workouts. I have lots of books with planned workouts in them. I have done parts of some and some I have put together with different workouts strung out with similar moves and rep patterns.

Laura, good workout. Thanks for the early birthday wishes.

Belinda, I did get sellers remorse for some workouts. Some, I am still not unhappy about getting rid of. No remorse at all. Just be sure you really don't care for them. If you haven't tried them at all, at least do them once. You won't get back what you paid for them anyway.

This morning was "Lean Legs" from the Metcon Monster Challenge. That took about 24 minutes. Then I loaded up the Gymbox kickbox workout I started yesterday and finished it for about 25 mintues. I must say I liked the first part of the workout better. But still a fun workout. Lots of punching combos and cardio bursts - nothing HIIT level which made it fun.

Today I started with the step from Intensity and finished with LowMax. Still working around my joint problems. Step seems to be okay.

Have great workouts everyone and a great day.

Quick check in: I did Zumba again today. Love it!

Diane Sue - thanks for the tip! The ones I got rid off, I didn't mind. Like Cathe's spin dvd's, I don't have a spin bike. I will try the rest and see if I like them, than I will get rid of them. Not before :)

Good job everyone.

Ah! I just saw the cathe live for today was step! I'm going to have to sign up so I can do that one!!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Quick check in: I did Zumba again today. Love it!

Diane Sue - thanks for the tip! The ones I got rid off, I didn't mind. Like Cathe's spin dvd's, I don't have a spin bike. I will try the rest and see if I like them, than I will get rid of them. Not before :)

Good job everyone.
Good idea!! You may find a new favorite[emoji2]

Today I did Ice Rock'm Sock'm timesaver #3 Blizzard Blast and Muscle Meltdown Triceps, 48 minutes, 288 calories. I needed to get done quick and wanted a little strength work. Tomorrow will probably be a rest day. I have another grandchild coming and we will be busy with activity all day.

Doreen, is the gym box workouts an app? It seems I have seen them somewhere. I need to do another month of live again.

Laura, that is good that step seems okay for you. When I had my surgery I had to do very little of it and twists and turns off and on were out. I used to do step with no less than 2 risers per side no matter what, but now generally use one. Nice workout choices.

Diane Sue, have a good day off tomorrow. You will be busy but in a different way. I'm not having problems with the step as long as I keep it just at the platform. No problem with even little jumps. The stairs in my house are 6 inches. We have 8 and then a platform, and then another 8. They are nice wide steps. I can't get up them. My right knee goes out by the time I get to the top. I can't place my full weight on the right leg and get up the step. I have to go up the steps one at at time, using my left leg to put my weight on, and then pull my right leg up. I'm not having any real pain to speak off (knock on wood) in the joint now. It just starts to give out. My right leg has been my bad side since '97 when I had my first bout of sciatica. It killed off a lot of nerves and muscles in my leg. Then I had another round in '99, same leg. Both ended up in surgeries due to massively herniated discs. My back has been touchy since I was 11 and broke it in an accident. Just getting up in the morning and seeing what I can do for that day.

One of the KCM that I had the library purchase, Body Design, came in today. I'm looking through that one to see how I want to use it. I like that it has many small segments that I can tack onto another workout. That should workout good.

I did pullup queen from the monster metcon challenge this morning then walked on the treadmill to get to 3000 steps and then did 20 min of chiseled upper body from ICE befor I was out of time.

I've found an insanity max 30 set on craigslist that I'm going to pick up today! I love that set because of the modifier track.

I also see someone selling a rebounder that I may check into. I have too many toys so I'm pausing to think on that.

Today was Body Max 2. Again, no problem with the platform step. I even managed a few little jumps. Nothing major. Coming up the stairs from the basement, my right leg gave in. As far as I can think, it must be that extra two inches that puts pressure on the injury.

Doreen, I also like the Max 30 set for that reason. It makes it so easy to do and follow along. My theory on toys is that if it is in good shape and the price is right, tuck it away (if you have room). I bought one last year brand new, never opened at a garage sale for $10.
90% of my toys are thrift store or garage sale finds. I've had so many injuries, I like knowing that I have options during recoveries.

Have great workouts and a good day.

Good morning,

Zumba is done.

Laura and Doreen - you guys are lucky! I never find anything good, except junk.

Diane Sue - nice job yesterday. One of my favorite workouts.

Have a great Friday and weekend, everyone.

Belinda- I look at a lot of junk too!! Probably helps that I live in a very fitness minded area.

I did Max 30: Sweat Intervals today. Instead of maxing out I just kept switching to the modifier to make it to the next water break.

Diane Sue- the Gymbox is a streaming service. The app is on Roku but not on Ios or Android but I can play off my phone using a website which opens a video screen full screen viewer. They have some workouts free on Youtube so you could see what their instructors are like. They have all types, spin, step, treadmill, extreme cardio, dance, strength, yoga, stretch, kickbox. They have everything classified as beginner or advanced but I think the advanced varies by instructor. Some are really hard and some more intermediate. I did a lot of them a couple years ago after I first got my roku and come back to them every now and again for a fun class.

Today I worked on PRS #1. Since I haven't done this one in forever, I did the warmup along with combos 1-3 2x. By the second round I had it down pat. So tomorrow, my plan will to do combos 4-6 (2x) and the finishers. Then I can add it back into rotation again.

Probably one of the nicer things about living in the Chicago area is the number of thrift shops and garage sales available. I have found so many nice things (never even opened). There is also a lot of junk. I live in the suburbs, not Chicago proper, thank goodness. I'm sure you've seen the news about that.

I did some Gymbox for a while. They used to have it on Amazon Prime streaming. I liked several of the workouts.

Belinda, once your gym membership is up, look at your library to see if they have Zumba dvds. My local library must have around 40. It's very popular around here.

Diane Sue, hope you are having fun this week with the kids.

Great workouts everyone. Have a great day.

Yesterday was just too busy and I did not do a workout at all. I got lots of steps and floors on my Fitbit though :) 28 floors just going up and down with grandchildren. Now if I could just find what they did with the remote to the television in my workout room?? I searched. Once I saw one hide it inside of my step risers. But, I got it from there and now, I just cannot find it. Cleaned and catching up. We had rain and with our dog and their dog along with outside play meant mopping and cleaning floors today. I just did Strong and Sweaty PHA with the abs this morning. I kept the weights at Cathe's or a little higher today. I was tired. and had to go out to do some errands.

Laura, I really was pleased with the way Body Design is set up. I have only done the entire workout once to see how it went together. Generally I use a mix or just a segment to tack onto another workout. When I was had the torn meniscus my knee would give out. It did a bit even after surgery but seems to have mended pretty well. When I had the surgery we had two sets of stairs, the back ones were steep with no landings. I had a lot to get up. At first I figured out how to sit on the bottom step and scoot up the stairs backwards using my hands. The bath and showers were all upstairs.! I tried running up and down those steep stairs a few times and soon realized that that was not a good thing. That was the beginning of knee discomfort and I stopped. Our stairs now is one set that spirals around with several wider steps up at the center. I had a neighbor that was curious ask me once what that round part of our house was that sticks out. It sort of looks like a tower on the outside with a long window. That is good that you can do a little hopping. You may be on to something about the height and the knee giving out. Something not working quite right at that angle. I went to the library with the grandchildren Wednesday, but no time to really look at the dvds. I had a 3 year old to follow around and keep in check while the 9 year old conferred with a librarian on the books that she was looking for. She is an avid reader.

Doreen, I have so many workout gadgets. I love all of them :D My husband came upstairs when I was choosing a workout the other day and commented on all of my equipment and that he didn't have a lot downstairs. Really it took years of adding to my stuff for me to have what I have. We have been adding him some weights downstairs though. I offered a stability ball as I have 3 right now. One has no air. We need to get him some heavier weights. We are going to have to look somewhere besides Walmart though. Their dumbbells stop at 40# and he is doing 200 rep curls and the like with them. I don't know what Dicks and Academy has. Maybe he should look on ebay or something. You are always finding such great deals. We, have two roku's in our house. Although they are not upstairs. I bought the second one so my husband could watch Netflix while on the Tread Climber. So he uses the stick and I bought a Roku 3. We have had it for a few months now, but for some reason it seems to overheat and turn off. I am thinking of adding a third one and getting the ROKU 4 that has the fan in it that all the reviews say is noisy. If I did that I would use the 3 upstairs. I have a smart tv upstairs though that has internet and all of the channels we usually use on the Roku. Also my 3D Sony blu-ray player pulls in those channels and internet. Technology get mind boggling to me and I am always having to figure out something new.

Belinda, I have sold nice fitness stuff and it has went quickly. I never find good deals too often. I think the best I ever found was when I had the dip station. We went into a fitness equipment store that was closing up one of their branches. They had some used equipment really cheap that had been in a gym before. It was really cheap. Also very heavy. I used it with a bar across it for pull up etc. . Hanging knee raises which was nice with the padded arm rests and handles. I would have kept it , but I would have had to sacrifice a lot of room. It was big.

Diane Sue - I am so jealous.. I really only find JUNK:p All of you are so lucky! I am happy for you all. I always wanted a dip station. Good find.

Today I did the the warm up and then combos 4-6 and the finishers (2x) from PRS#1. I'm so happy that tomorrow is a rest day.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Today I did CTX 10,10,10 warm up and cardio, 30 minutes, 210 calories, heart rate avg. 146/max 184, 2798 steps, followed by CTX Power Circuits cardio, planks, abs, and stretch, 43 minutes, 208 calories, heart rate 126/179 max, 2,506 steps. I finished off with Kelly Coffey's Body Design yoga segment, 13 minutes, 34 calories. Total time was 86 minutes, calories burned 452.

Awe, Belinda, maybe someday one of those great deals will come your way ;)

Laura, I love Party Rockin Step. I love both of them and the music is fun. Enjoy your rest day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.