Karen Voight videos

D

debmac

Can any of you please give me opinions on these 3 videos: Great Weighted Workout, Strong & Smooth Moves, and Energy Sprint?

Also, is Energy Sprint a similar type workout to Cathe's Circuit Max?

I love the advanced nature of Cathe's tapes. Would these Karen Voight tapes challenge me also? or would they seem "too easy" in comparison to Cathe's?

Thanks for any help!
Debbie

Hi Debbie!! I have 2 of the 3 videos you mentioned. I've got Strong-n-Smooth Moves and Energy Sprint. Now I'll be honest, Karen doens't have the same intensity as Cathe, but boy does she deliver a tough workout!!

Energy Sprint is an interval video like IMAX. I think this is Karen's toughest video! It has weight training at the end after the intervals and even though you use light weights, I promise, you'll have a tough time finishing it!

SnSM is a great video! The floor aerobics are fun, but rather short for my taste, 20-25min, but she's got you all over the floor!! She's quite creative!! The weight training at the end is my favorite part of this tape she uses a bodybar, but someone else the whole time showing you what to do if you only have dumbells.

These are both great tapes and I highly recommend them. Just remember, she's intese, but not as intense as Cathe. She a pretty good second place in that catergory though.

Hope this helps ya'!!

Aimee

I have all 3 of those videos. I still incorporate Energy Sprint into my rotations. I feel like it is a little less intense of a workout compared to Cathe's videos. I was disappointed in Stong Smooth Moves. It is a low impact floor tape. I agree that the weight part is good. Great Weighted workout is a full body weight workout. It is tough even though she uses light weights. She uses high repetitions. I really like the 15 minute ab section at the end. It is a long workout if you do the whole tape. About an hour and 20 min.. I can still do this tape after not using it for awhile and come up with sore muscles.
Diane

Hi, I also have all three videos as well. I love Energy Sprint, it is pretty basic but you will definately get a great workout. Strong and Smooth Moves was not a favorite of mine. I felt that the intesity just was not there for me. Great Weighted Workout is a good one... she uses very light weights, and you will be surprised by how much you feel this. Hope this helps...all and all her videos are wonderful, she has always been a favorite of mine. (of course, until I found Cathe:))

I have two of these videos, Energy Sprint and Great Weighted Workout.

Energy Sprint is similar in format to Interval Max but (as others have mentioned), NOT as intense as Cathe. It's more of a "moderate" interval workout I guess you could say and as I recall, it has a timer display at the bottom of the screen during the intervals so you'll know how much time is left in each one.

As for Great Weighted Workout...yes, it uses light weights but quite high reps so each time I've done it, I've found my muscles sore for the next 1-2 days. IMO, its a nice compliment to throw in on a week when you've otherwise done heavy weight training sessions.

Hope this helps,
Lisa

I have all three of these workouts. I haven't done any of them in a while though. Great weighted workout is very tough considering the light weights. I only use 5lb. Energy sprint is tough but not as tough as IMAX. It's uses your muscles more to get your heart rate up. I guess I would consider it a low impact version of IMAX, with weights at the end. I forgot what Strong and Smooth Moves is like. I only did it a couple of times.
Dawn W

Hi Debbie! I, too, have all three tapes. I'm not much of a fan of Great Weighted Workout because it bores me and I start thinking about the laundry, the Dallas Cowboys, and whatever else. Strong and Smooth Moves is pretty good for easy days or when I'm recovering from illness or injury. My favorite Karen tape is Energy Sprint. I never get bored and it is tough. As mentioned by the other gals, not quite as tough as Cathe. Also, her style is very cut-and-dry, which I don't mind, but I know that it bugs a lot of people. I hope this helps!

Take care!

Good for certain days...

I have ALL of Voight's videos with the exception of her newest Pilates one. I still like Great Weighted; it's an endurance workout. Energy Sprint is good too-I still do it and agree, it can be boring. Smooth Moves I use on rest days....

I have all three videos too. Great Weighted Workout is a good one--a tad too much emphasis on shoulder/deltoid work in the early going, though, IMO, to the exclusion of other upper-body muscles like the biceps. But the floorwork is great and the ab work is also intense. I sometimes do just the ab portion of this video tacked onto another workout. It has a good final stretch, too. Like others mentioned, I find I have a good soreness from doing this one after not having done it for awhile.

I haven't done Strong & Smooth Moves in ages. It's been supercede by more intense videos in my collection. And I'm temtped to work Energy Sprint into my next rotation; it's a good cardio workout, as I recall (another one I haven't done in ages!) Hope this is of help.:)

Thanks everyone!

I appreciate all of the opinions on these videos. I did try Energy Sprint a few days ago, and it was "okay". Not as much fun as a Cathe cardio video, and definitely not as intense either. I found I needed to add power to many of the moves to get closer to where I wanted to be.

I previewed GWWO, and it looks like it could be subbed for an endurance-total-body-strength day. Right?

Thanks again!
Debbie

Definitely easier

Karen's tapes are definitely not as high a cardio challenge as Cathe. Strong and smooth is a solid intermediate, but no more.
Energy sprint is a higher- end intermediate. But these are well designed, effective tapes. They just aren't as fun, in my opinion, as Cathe. And they aren't as high impact.
Consider her Power Packed workout. It is an oldie but a goody!
Pure floor cardio, no step, really interesting choreography, lots of jumps and arms and knees. It is only about 35 minutes of cardio, with a good abs section at the end and a stretch.
I love it, especially on days when I want a good workout but I don't have as much time. ;)

Just gotta add..

I think Karen looks fantastic, and I am not making any judgment calls here, but as the last woman in Las Vegas with natural and little breasts, I was bummed out when Karen got her rack!
I got her Yoga Sculpt and was like, WHOAH! She gave in and got the plastic fantastics. But she sure looks wonderful...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.