How to build bigger leg muscles!

Hello!

I wrote earlier about building bigger arm muscles, BUT ..... when I look at myself in the mirror, I can see that my arm muscles are pretty toned.

My upper body is bigger than my legs! ha ha!

I look like I have "chicken legs"!

Any advice on how to build bigger leg muscles???

Should I be drinking protein powder drinks after a leg workout to make sure that I am building bigger muscles? What I am doing now doesn't seem to be working as well. I do lunges and squats with Cathe! :)

THANK YOU ALL FOR EVERYTHIHG EVERYDAY on this forum! I love it! :)

"Life is too short - Be the best you can be every single day!" :)

If you are working your legs to a Cathe video try to go heavier than she does and pause the DVD between sets. The key to bulking any muscle group is to increase the weight - this will require you to put more rest between sets in order to accommodate the heavier weight load. Many of Cathe's workouts are more endurance focused - meaning less weight, more repetitions and not much rest between sets. It is always good to mix both types of workouts into your routine for variety. However, if your goal is to build bigger muscles, then increasing the weight and decreasing the cardio factor is your ticket.

Hi there,

Pure Strength Legs, Pyramid Lower Body, and GS Legs should let you go heavier without having to pause and modify too much.

Unfortunately, it is hard to go really heavy without having a squat rack at hand.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.