Hot Skin/Flashes?

Bunbun

Cathlete
Does anyone else find that their skin feels much hotter to the touch now that they workout? I'm trying to figure out if I'm getting an exercise-related effect or just hot flashes as I approach menopause:

I've worked out w/weights for about 5 years now, but have made significant gains in muscle mass over the last year (thank you, Cathe!). On the down side, I've also found that if I, say, lean my bare arm against my bf's, I can keep it there for only a minute or two before we both complain about how hot I am to to the touch. At night we sleep in a cold bedroom, but midway thru the night without fail, I'll have to kick off the blankets because I'm suddenly burning up! Same thing happens in stores if I'm bundled in my winter coat.

I suspect I'm getting hot flashes related to the approach of menopause, but I thought I'd post here on the chance it's exercise-related--that others have had the same experience and it's not just age catching up to me. :(

Sounds like hot flashes to me. It's been a while since mine were really active, but I found exercising often brought on a flash, especially when I was doing ab work, and lying on the floor.

The night flashes definitely sound right. I started with my flashes around 45...the nights were the worst, because I would get hot, sweat, then I would get chilled from lying in my wet sheet. Argh!!! I remember them well.

I was afraid of that. Oh well. It's a strange feeling--feels like heat is just radiating off the top of my head. Not to mention the rest of me. So far I don't break out in a sweat, though, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed on it. I've seen mixed reports that exercise helps hot flashes--some say it does; some say not.

A good friend of mine who has hotflashes experiences what you're discribing. I've touched her hands before when she's having one and they are very hot (her feet too!) She says it feels like she has fire coming out of them!

Jo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back