Horses--Totally off the subject

Steppingup

Cathlete
Has anyone seen the Lipizzaner stallions? They were in Birmingham (Alabama) yesterday and me and some of my family went. This was my second time to see them but I don't care how many times I see them they are still totally amazing. How can they train those beautiful animals to do all that stuff? It is truly awesome to watch. They were giving facts about the history of the animals and where they have traveled to do shows. They have been to 7 or 8 provinces in Canada, Australia, all 50 states, Mexico, and several other places. If you ever get the chance you really need to go see them. I love horses anyway but their beauty is just about unsurpassed. They also had an Arabian and a couple of Adalusions (sp).

Just thought I would share!!

Kelly

The Lippizaner Stallions

Hi Kelly!

Yes, they are beautiful and incredibly trained aren't they?? It is truly amazing to watch them. Their summer training place is right here where I live in Florida. For certain months of the year you can go watch them train on Saturday mornings FREE!! :)

Bev K.

RE: Horses

As an owner of 2 horses, I can tell you thst these horses are trained for years, many hours a day in increments of about 1/4" to the goal!!! It is excruciatingly patient work; exact work and sometimes, dsngerous work. No matter how much you are attached to a horse; it can kill you. You MUST respect that. The Lippizaners are an outstanding example of good horseflesh combined with excellent training principles. In a way--not off the subject. You must adapt a training program to "the horse you have" but you can get the best out of the genetics you can with the right program.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.