Hey Nancy & all from way back when.....

Pellmel

Cathlete
Yes, I still breathe and walk the earth.

I do drift in once in a while. During the summer I don't work out much because we are outside a lot.

I have been working over a year back in public accounting. I can thank Nancy, Amy and Pinky (now where is SHE) for helping me get the guts to do it. Nancy also helped me become a paralegal school drop out and pursue public accounting again. While I love the job I am in charge of a lot of things and some days I am quite overwhelmed. I like the managing partner a lot and we have fun working together.

I work out when I can and we bought a spin bike. Good combo with Cathe and I mostly do Spinervals or good old Spinning.com videos. I have considered being hospitalized after Butts & Guts a few times and I marvel and the new and exquisite ways Cathe and Co figure out how to torture me.

I have continued to climb and completed Shasta this year (Chris S...where are YOU), plus a whole lot of wicked rock summits that I never thought at 43 I would be doing. Part of my job is to run the intern program it and it was fun to turn 3 20 something college boys into climbers and kick their butts along the way. I have been getting away from the hard, long mountains and sticking to rock climbing. Just can't put down my ice cream, jump off the couch and squeeze out 5K feet and 12 miles anymore!

I want to hear what you are up to......? I was tempted to PM or email you but you never know who will come out of the woodwork and give a shout out!

Melissa

Keep your head in line. Your butt will follow.

http://www.picturetrail.com/pellmel

MELISSA!!!!

HI! It's so nice to see you! Sounds like you've been incredibly busy and having fun. Are you enjoying your yard?

Take care!

Loving the yard. Can't believe you remembered....

We finished in late June of last year and have lived out there. It was well worth the work and as for the expense - well I'll get back to ya!

Sounds like you have been up to all good as well from the posts I have read. Fill me in when you can?

Now where is our Nancy! Does Amy still post as well? I am having a hard time figuring out if she is still here.

Melissa!!! Sounds like you have had a ka-ton of changes! They all sound fabulous; I'm jealous! ;)

So when I finally get it in my brain that I want to climb a rock, I'm calling you so you can get me up there. Wahoo!

I'm set to graduate in December and then take the Feb bar exam. Wah. :) Life has sped up so I'm not here daily anymore, which I really really miss. I'm now lucky to squeeze in an hour with our dear Ms. Cathe a few times a week...

Hugs and hugs and hugs to you, Melissa!!! I'm so excited for you.

Hi Melissa!!!!

Welcome back! It's nice to see you posting again :). I'm happy all is good in your life.

I like this part: "it was fun to turn 3 20 something college boys into climbers and kick their butts along the way."

Hell yeah!

Hey Marla!!! Good to see you, too!!! I love it- just like old times around here today!!! :D

Melissa- just this week it has come together for me: the property law firm I've been with for a few years now (with the grumpy boss) is where I'll be in the future. GB and I talked about how we had mutual plans for the forseeable future. I really like them personally, so it will be a great fit. I'll probably do a lot of the bankruptcy work for them rather than litigation which we all know I suck at. ;) I'm relieved and looking forward to it; I'll even be able to stay at bootcamp (I think I'll physically be able to do both and they have no interest in stopping me from meeting all those potential clients!), so that's great for me. :p

Wow...I am glad I posted! I forgot how many cyber Cathe buddies I had.

Amy I like GB! It is a huge growth process to work through that I you are just the girl to do it.

I also HAD a GB, big time. And he was the managing partner. We were oil and water from day 1. One day about 6 months ago he asked me to have coffee with him. I thought he was going to whack me offsite. It turned out that he said, "Do you mind if I ask you a personal question?". You know me, I thought it was going to be "Why are you such a B*&^H!".

He asked me, "Why are you so happy? Is there some secret to this? You get stuff done, you laugh all the time. What is up with that?"

We have stated working more closely together. And I have told him that work is never going to make you happy and other secrets that we all know on the Cathe board including MOVE your body (his was growing at a rather alarming rate) and quit eating junk all day.

He and I have forged a great mutual goal setting/coaching and butt kicking relationship. He also takes pilates 2x a week now and walks. It has been a great experience for both of us.

I think you learn the most from the tough stuff like GB.

How is boot camp teaching? Are you able to do it during work hours because you are meeting clients?

HI MELISSA!!! :D :D :D I just saw your post because I was away Friday and Saturday. I got back late last night.

I'm glad you are enjoying your life! You never told me that I was instrumental in your dropping out of paralegal school (or did you and I'm having a senior moment??). I remember that nutty professor of yours who may have known a lot about the law, but didn't know JACK about teaching. Your stories were so funny! :7

Yay for you for kicking the butts of 20-year olds!! WAY TO GO!!!! It sounds like you are staying in awesome shape. Are you actually coaching your GB? He sounds like a GREAT guy. That is SUCH a great story.

As for me: I'm now a contract partner at my firm, and it's a good contract. I have a guaranteed minimum salary which is the same as what I was making as a senior associate, plus incentives for increasing my pay. This is my first year of being a partner, and, for reasons I can't explain, I'm starting to attract a fair number of new clients. No one is more surprised than me, because I don't do anything in particular to attract new clients. But I'm gaining confidence and slowly growing into the role. And I'm actually starting to enjoy it! :eek: :eek: LOL! So, all is really good. If I could change one thing, it would be that I would love to have the time and energy to work out a little more. For the last 2 years, I've pretty much been a weekend warrior. But no one gets perfection in life. There are always trade-offs.

It's a thrill to hear from you! I miss your sense of humor and amazing insightfulness. Obviously you've been super busy in the last year, but please try to post from time to time if you can, okay? I think I can speak for several of us when I say that we'd love to "see" more of you around here. :D

Thanks Nancy

Congrats on being what we call a P1! The first year of partnership (and I like that contract partner thing) is a year of growth.

I am currently working with two P1s and they are interesting to watch.

GB is about a P7 (equity) and his take on life is so different from the newer (non equity) partners.

You have worked hard and you are smart...now wonder it paid off.

I will try to hop in here. My climbing advetures plus kids have taken up a bunch of time. I have a few climbing pics on my picturetrail. I start a more advanced class in two weeks that will let me keep up with my wilder friends and get out rock climbing with my kids more.

Thanks for the good thoughts. It was so great to hear from Robin, Marla, Shelley, you and I recognize a ton of other names on the board.

I might have to use my superpowers to get on a road trip one of these years!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.