HELP! Need advice on Cathe's aerobic videos!

catherine_k

Hello everyone!

I am a total newcomer to Cathe's world and am asking for advice regarding her aerobic videos. I've been exercising for many years, but am growing very bored with the classes and running on the treadmill. I am looking for a workout that is an advanced level cardiovascular challenge and an intense fat burner. Of course, I would like a video that will remain challenging for a long while because I do not want to buy the tape and then have it become to easy!
From what I have gathered by reading some of the past messages, PowerMax seems to be a definite "must-have."
What about Interval Max and MIC? Also, what is the difference between Step Fit, Step Works, and Step Jam in terms of level of difficulty? Are Mega Step Blast and Step Heat less challenging? Are all the workouts different so that you would need to get all of the step videos or is there repetition between the step videos so that getting 3 of the step tapes would represent the Cathe workout routine sufficiently? Also, is it worth it to get Body Max for the aerobic section?

I am also interested in getting her weight lifting tapes but do not own any equipment yet. But when I do, what are the lifting tapes you would recommend as absolute "must-haves?"

Thanks so much for listening! I would greatly appreciate your feedback!!

Hi Catherine!!

Well, I've been a Cathe fan for 6-8 weeks now. I don't have all her videos, but I'm working on it!! Here are what I feel are Must haves{some of these I don't have yet myself,but want them so much I can't wait to get them}; IMAX, MIC, MIS, BodyMax,Yes you should get it even if you just do the step part. You can also do the circit part with no weights for now and have an even longer aerobic session. Power Max, PS Series, MSB, and Step Jam. I do see steps repeated from video to video, but trust me, you'll need all the practice you can get!!heehee! I included the strength tape up there in the must have list. It's not that MSB and Step Heat are less intense aerobicly, just with the coreography. well, that's my humble opion on this subject, feel free to use it as you please. Let us know what videos you chose!!

Tapes

Hi Catherine,
I have been a Cathe fan for a few years, and her tapes are truly advanced. IMAX, Body Max, MIC, MIS, and the PS Series are definately must haves. I only have one other all step video of Cathe and that is Mega Step Blast and it is less intenese than the other videos I mentioned above.

I can't comment on the other step tapes because I don't have them but others here will gladly answer you. If they are like her other tapes, they are tough
happy.gif

You may want to look at the purchasing the new videos (they won't be released until August 2000). You can read about them on the site.

I think you will be very happy with Cathe's tapes, she is the best there is when it comes to advanced workout videos. I hope this helped.

Terri

Some advice

Hi Catherine! I've been doing Cathe's tapes for about 5 years now and I never get tired of them. One thing's for sure none of her tapes have become "too easy" for me. Some "must-haves" are; PowerMax, IMax, BodyMax, and MIC. MSB and Step Heat are two of the easier ones (but not too easy). For degree of difficulty (from easiest to hardest) I'd have to say Step Jam, Step Fit, and then Step Works. In Step Works Cathe doesn't break the moves down like she does in the other videos. There's not much repetition in her videos. She does repeat some moves on other videos but varies it enough so that it doesn't feel old.

As far as her strenth tapes go I would recommend the Pure Strength series. You don't need much equipment to do these either. A couple sets of dumbbells would be enough to start with.

Hope this helps.

Jacque

Step Works Is My Favorite!

My first Cathe video was Step Works. I absolutly loved it! It was a little difficult learning at first but I didn't mind because I knew it would stay interesting for a long, long time! I have since purchased 8 more videos (not inculding the 8-pack that I have pre-ordered!). I personally think Step Works is more complex then Powermax. I would then put Step Fit after Powermax. I don't have Step Heat, Step Jam, MIC or Mega Step Blast to be able to compare but, Cathe has ranked them easier than Step Works, Power Max, and Step Fit. I really love Body Max. I think it has a really fun cardio section. IMAX is not as complex as others but it is so, so intense it will really chanllenge you (oh my! I will be working on that one for a long time. I really have to modify!) Can you tell I really love them all and have enjoyed learning all of them even though there are some repeated moves from one video to the next?! Cathe does a great job at putting them together diffrently that makes each video fresh. Of course, she always comes up with great new stuff for all of her videos! I guess what I'm trying to tell you is that they are all challenging and I wouldn't think they would get easy for you (at least not for a long time!).

You mentioned becoming bored... One thing I have discovered is if you have a lot of different kind videos, then you won't become bored. I used to have just 4-5 aerobic videos that I would repeat each week and I got so tired of them! Now I do one video a month so I always look forward to working out!

While I have MIS and the PS series I haven't started them yet! I am just beggining my strength training and so I haven't worked up to them yet. I have heard excellent things about them! I don't think anyone could be disappointed from using them... Just check the other threads to read all of the great things posted about them!

Let me know what you decide to do!

Emma

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.