Healthy Hedonists ---Thursday

aschendell

Cathlete
Good morning to all of you great ladies...I am going to copy my last evening post here this morning...Keep in mind I wrote this at 10pm last night!

Robin...You must believe in the healing powers of Chianti!!! This will guide you through any sickies you may still be carrying!

Kel..You, too, must believe in the healing powers of Chianti and even if your bruises don't heal...at least you'll feel better for a little while!

And Leslie...I am sorry that your little ones are too small to indulge in the benefits of Chianti, but you, my dear, should start partaking of the Chianti now to ward off all sick germs from your dear family!

And this, ladies, is my advice for today....Keep in mind that I am currently having a glass of....you guessed it....Chianti!

Just wanted to remind you I am not currently having a glass of Chianti at 10am...but do not scoff at the healing powers!

Hope everyone is feeling better today...and that Kel is actually able to walk this morning! I am off to do some kickboxing and work out a few of my frustrations!

Happy day to all who follow!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Debra, we ended up going to the only Italian place in town that doesn't serve wine. So I'm still laid up with the cold. I think it's letting up a bit this afternoon. I have to go to work tomarrow for our big Groundhog Day party. I made cupcakes using almond joy bars decorated to look like groundhogs. Right now I'm making a loaf of whole wheat bread shaped like a groundhog. Silly, I know, but it helps make the longest month of the year go faster. At least Feb seems like the longers month to me.

Oh oh, gotta go. I think the baby is waking up. Later maybe.

Hi Debra, Robin, & all who follow!

First, thank you all for your concern, kind words, & well wishes about the tumble I took yesterday.

Last night, the wine seemed to work wonders on my cuts, bruises, & injured spirit... but mostly my injured spirit. Good advice, Debra! Today, I'm just sore & bruised but no serious injuries, thank goodness. The fall was pretty scary but I since just recovered from over 3 months nursing rib injuries (2 separate incidents), I was probably more upset & concerned that I might need to stop working out than anything.

But thankfully, that didn't happen so this morning, I did the 41 1/2 minute Cardio Fusion premix that is becoming my standard Thursday W/O. I still can't keep myself from doing it every week & I still enjoy it so I figure I'll just keep it up as long as I do. I've also eaten pretty clean so far today but I think my DH & I have homemade pizza planned for tonight so I'm sure we'll also partake in either a few beers or some wine too. We'll either do that or go out but either way, there will be some wine or beer involved (or maybe a martini)!

Robin, I hope you feel better & I think you should definitely take Debra's advice so you can really enjoy Groundhog Day tomorrow... or at least start enjoying it tonight anyway! Those cupcakes & that loaf of bread sounds so cute! I would love to see a picture...

I hope everyone else took Debra's advice & I hope you are all having a great Friday Eve!

Cheers!

Kel

Hi Everyone!

Debra, thanks for the advice, you're right, a nice chianti is great for what ales you, but I've been good so far this week. I'm not waking up in the morning with sinus headaches so I guess I'll hold off for a couple more days. Trust me, I'm going to need a drink on Saturday night. DH is leaving for his trip early Saturday morning and I'm going to be spending the weekend entertaining the kiddies! That's usually his job on the weekends!

Robin, don't you just hate it when a restaurant doesn't serve wine??? They could at least let you BYOB. Hope you feel better soon. Colds can be so draining.

Kel, I'm glad the wine helped last night. So sorry to read about your fall. Thank God you didn't break anything! Chalk it up to strong bones and muscles from exercising and eating right!;)

I made a trip to Trader Joe's to stock up on a few things for the weekend. I love their multigrain waffles, raw almonds and stir fry veggies. I also bought some vitamin supplements, B-complex and sam-e. I've heard some great things about sam-e and thought I'd try it. I'm wary about herbal supplements since so many of them come with nasty side effects and can cause organ damage, but sam-e is already processed in the body and I haven't read about any adverse reactions to it.

Off to do Bootcamp. I want to get it done before the kids get home. Yes! They went to school today! I'm hoping it doesn't snow a lot tonight because I want school to start on time tomorrow.

Have a great evening everyone!

OK, I am a computer moron. If you would like to see a picture of the cupcakes I made, there is one posted under the Hate thread for today. Reply #20.

Robin...You are cracking me up...You must have had a glass of wine or 2 to come up with that one!!!! Thanks for the laugh of the day!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.