Healthy Hedonists 1/31

aschendell

Cathlete
Hi to all you great ladies!!

Just wanted to pop on really quick and start this thread....No time for personals now...I have to go workout before it's time to pick up my DD from school. I try to get my exercise in before she comes home if I can because she likes to talk to me while I'm working out....which can be incredibly distracting and most of the time I'm breathing too hard to answer her anyway!

I did pick up a lovely orange roughy filet stuffed with crab meat for dinner...I am already looking forward to it with a nice glass of Chianti...

BBL

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Hi Debra, what time should I arrive for dinner?

My cold reasserted itself during the night. I called in sick and have been doing little besides blowing my nose and coughing. I'm skipping the workout today. DH and I have a meeting at church this evening, so we're just having hoagies for dinner. I got my heonistic fix by reading the newest issue of Gourmet. I never indulged in it before, but I got a special offer and suscribed. I'm happy to see a lot of the recipes sound very doable. Most of the wine is out of my price range though, even if I could find it. I live in PA, where all alcohol is sold by the state. While the selection of wine is better than a few years ago, it is pretty dismal compared to some of the wine superstores I've been to in other states. The prices are pretty high too.

Gotta run. I have a hair appt. Enjoy your lives all.

Hi Debra and Robin and everyone to follow!

Both DD's are home sick. Doctor saw them and said it's just a virus. They're going to school no matter what tomorrow because they were well enough to drive me insane today! DH is also sick and I feeling like I'm getting it because I'm so tired today. I guess I'll be pushing the fluids and Vit C tonight and hope I flush it out of my system. Wine is off limits for me this week. I'm saving it for Saturday and Sunday, and then, only in moderation. My sinuses have been bothering me lately and I don't think the wine is helping.

I'm going to try a new dish tonight. Roasted veggies w/ turkey in a light cream sauce and a cornbread cobbler topping. I roasted a turkey last week and there's a lot of meat to get rid of. This recipe looks like comfort food at it's best. And, we all need it today!

Last night I did GS Shoulders, Back and Biceps. If I feel a little more energetic later I'm going to do 30 min of cardio and the GS Chest and Tri's timesaver. I love the GS workouts, they're very effective and thorough, but I think Cathe goes a little overboard on chest work.

Gotta go make dinner and help the kids with homework. Enjoy your evening!

Hi girls. I think you're all great too!

Debra - LOL at your DD wanting to talk to you when you're working out - I know I couldn't possibly attempt to carry on a conversation during any workout! Your dinner & chianti sound delicious! Enjoy!:9

Robin - Oh my... I'm sorry your cold has gotten worse & I hope you feel better real soon. I'm impressed with your latest hedonistic pleasure, Gourmet. You must really love to cook! I wish you had a better wine selection in PA to go with those wonderful meals & I hope you have a great hair appointment too.

Today started out great. I did Supersets & went as heavy as I could so I really felt it. But right when I was leaving for work, I took a nasty tumble down the stairs (I live in a split foyer) & ended up lying in the floor wondering what the heck happened. I don't think I suffered any serious injuries, thank goodness, but I have swollen shins, bruised knees, & a few cuts on my hands. After I realized I was okay, I made it back up the stairs to clean my cuts & ice my other injuries. So my great day took a bad turn before I even left the house. Gah! I am the biggest klutz. It's a wonder I can even do Cathe's step routines.:p :+ :7

Anyway, I've had an extremely squeaky clean day because I really haven't felt like moving around much. But I plan to nurse my wounds & injured spirit with some wine this evening & we may even go out for supper. I'm just not sure if I feel like cooking. Plus, I'm sure I won't know the full extent of my injuries until tomorrow so I just hope I can work out!

I hope everyone else is having a more fabulous day than me & I'll try to check back in later.

Take care,

Kel

Edited - Leslie! I guess I was posting at the same time. I'm so sorry your DDs & DH are all home sick & I just hope you don't get it too. Great workout last night & your supper sounds yummy too. See, that's how it always goes. Just when a person thinks she is having a bad day, there's always others who are having a difficult time too!

I'm thinking about all of you & hope everyone who is under the weather feels better soon... hope you all have a nice evening too!

Oh Kel, take care of yourself, please. I fell down about 4 steps a couple years ago and badly bruised my ribs. I ended up taking a week off of work, and 2 weeks off from workouts.

DH called and since it's just the two of us tonight, we're going out for an early dinner before church. I'm not sure where, but if there is wine, I'll probably indulge. Maybe it will kill the cold. I'll have to have a stick of gum before church though. LOL Baptists don't drink (in front of other Baptists)

Just had to post...and I'll reiterate tomorrow....just in case I'm posting too late..

Robin...You must believe in the healing powers of Chianti!!! This will guide you through any sickies you may still be carrying!

Kel..You, too, must believe in the healing powers of Chianti and even if your bruises don't heal...at least you'll feel better for a little while!

And Leslie...I am sorry that your little ones are too small to indulge in the benefits of Chianti, but you, my dear, should start partaking of the Chianti now to ward off all sick germs from your dear family!

And this, ladies, is my advice for today....Keep in mind that I am currently having a glass of....you guessed it....Chianti!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.