HATE - Mar 11

August

Cathlete
Happy Sunday!

Like Robin, today is my rest day, too. :) I pulled out Cathe's Stretch Max and did the ball section. It's actually been a while since I did an actual stretch DVD and I was surprised to be reminded how great it feels. I got all excited and planned up my rotation for next month to include a bit more pilates and DVDs that I haven't used in a while. Woo hoo! And a little-----less----------cardio. (Is there a function to make these letters tiny? No? :+ )

Well. I have to tell you. I somehow ended up breaking the hinge of my NIntendo DS. The lid is like a loose tooth. Not that it's stopping me from playing on it for a couple hours every day. :D

Michele -

>He wanted bacon so, dutiful wife that I am, I made it for him, along with eggs over medium, cherry tomatoes sauteed with garlic and herbs, toasted 5 seed whole grain bread, and coffee. He seemed to like it a lot.

Well, who in their right mind wouldn't like that a lot?! That sounds like a fabulous meal - and cooked by someone who loves you, to boot! Lucky man.

So glad to hear that your barley pasta turned out to be so great! Weird that they didn't bother to put the nutritional info on the package. Sounds like something you might buy in Japan. Most packages here either don't have the nutritional count on them, or else they have the count for the entire package (not by serving), which is always nice for mathmeticians.

Thank you for your post in my chewing tips thread. I actually wrote CHEW on a piece of paper and had it out on my counter for a few months hoping that would remind me. I think it did work some, but I'd sure like to get back in the habit of eating like normal humans should. Maybe I should write a few dozen papers with CHEW on them and scatter them about.

Ooh, "a few dozen" reminded me of donuts. :9

I love Heather's trade deal with you. But thank goodness I don't have an oven, so even if I didn't do my cardio, I still wouldn't be able to make the cake anyway.

Arista - Wow. I mean, wow. An hour run. That's incredible! And I'm with Michele - I can't imagine working out AND going to school AND having TWO jobs. Good gawd. That's great to hear that your 2nd job is going smoothly. (Although it makes us cry when you say you won't be posting as often. :-( )

I'm a vocalist/songwriter, so I have a manager to figure out my schedule and stuff. He manages two other people and he's way busier than any of us LOL. So I'm guessing he wouldn't be too keen to wait in line for donuts for me. On the other hand, the man does have a sweet tooth like you would NOT believe, so maybe he would like that request. Hmm................................................................................ }( .

Robin - Have a great rest day!

Okay. It's time to make my egg white oatmeal pancake thing.

Have a nice Sunday and chat with you soon!

Checking on Michele!!!

Cardio lover checking in. :) Just seeing if my beloved Michele is sweating for her sheet cake as promised! Oh, Michele, have you considered that you will finish the March rotation just in time for me to share my recipe on April Fool’s Day? ;-) Oh, I am laughing my butt off thinking of all the creative ingredients I can add. :7 LOL! Y’all crack me up. I get an ab and core workout every single time I visit this thread. Oh my stars! What a funny bunch. :7

Michele, you need to buy some pecans for the recipe. This is a Texas recipe, and no other nut will do! :9 As for the barley, I am still terrified of it! I had it in my hot little hands one day, but I got cold feet while I was standing in line to pay for it. :eek:

By the way, if any of you plan to attend the Road Trip, I can make you laugh until you cry and beg for mercy (and oxygen). Yes, I can. I can cause quite a scene in a restaurant too. Just you wait and see. :7

August, are you from here? How did you end up over there anyway?

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

RE: Checking on Michele!!!

Hi, Heather!

Wow, I would love to go on the Road Trip and meet you and have a good belly laugh. I can only imagine how fun it would be to all be together in person.

I'm from there :) . Born and raised in Oregon. Went to college in California. Came to Tokyo to pursue music after a friend suggested it. Now live in Tokyo doing and loving it!

I must tell you, I've never had Texas Sheet cake, and in fact had never even heard of it until Michele started off on it. She even posted a photo of one! The tease! A photo!

I want some. }( :D :9 :*

Good morning! Good morning!

Did y'all remember to set your clocks ahead?x( Why oh why can't they just let time march on without help!

chew

(I'll be inserting the word "chew" periodically to prompt August to slow down and chew her food. You may have noticed that she posted a cry for help in the OD Forum and I'm just trying to do my part).

chew

ANT UPDATE: The little suckers have dwindled in number but THEY'RE STILL HERE!x( I've seen about 3 or 4 crawling around on my kitchen counter for the past 2 days and I've about had it up to here! They've had 10 days now to chew on the bait and I expected the problem to be completely resolved by now. ;( x( ;( x(

Don't you just love rest days? Today is a scheduled rest day for me, too, but I may not take it since, well, I've had so many this past week:eek: . I haven't decided -- I may need to chew on that for awhile.

I love the ball stretch on Stretch Max. I don't like the one with the band -- it doesn't s-t-r-e-t-c-h me out so much as it gives me a good bicep w/o. Yeah, crazy ain't it? I substitute the band for a non-stretchy strap and that makes all the difference in the world.

I think it's time you went with a little less cardio. You were kind of cardio heavy for awhile there. This will balance you out. I like pilates. I might have to invest in a pilates DVD or 2.

>>I somehow ended up breaking the hinge of my NIntendo DS. The lid is like a loose tooth.<<

**GASP** Can you fix it? You haven't mentioned Oogi and Village life in awhile and I've been kind of worried that maybe the Stalk Market crashed and threw her into financial ruin. Has Oogi finished decorating her house?

Heather!! How's our little cardio lovin' friend?

>>Oh, Michele, have you considered that you will finish the March rotation just in time for me to share my recipe on April Fool’s Day?<<

OMG! That's my mom's (God rest her dear soul) birthday! No joke! I can't think of a better way to honor my mom than by baking a Texas Sheet Cake, Heather style! I'll make sure to have plenty of pecans on hand, too.:) :) :) Now I'm really excited!

Don't be askeered of barley. It's really good -- it really is! I think this is the one other thing that all haters agree on, that we love barley as much as we hate cardio -- lol! That, and that August needs to chew her food nice and slow. :p

>>By the way, if any of you plan to attend the Road Trip, I can make you laugh until you cry and beg for mercy (and oxygen). Yes, I can. I can cause quite a scene in a restaurant too. Just you wait and see.<<

I have no doubt about this whatsoever! Your posts induce plenty of laughter, tears, and inspiration, and you're always a bright spot in our little corner of the forum. :*

I'd like to go on the RT if possible. I hope Cathe will set a date soon. My DH and I have several travel plans this year so I'm not entirely sure I can afford the RT, too. I'll just have to see how it all pans out.

Hello to everyone who checks in after me. I think I'm going to take myself out for breakfast this morning. I may not make it back here before tomorrow because DH will be home in a few hours and we have things to do...not THAT!:p I think We're going to check in on mom and pop.

have a great day everyone!!:* :*

Good mornig Haters!

I've gotta go to the grocery store, so this will be quick. Today I am planning some sort of non-step cardio and B&G later. I think I may actually need to learn how to run:-( . I do have a treadmill after all.

August - From Oregon to Tokyo? Wow, you are really brave to follow your dreams like that. I admit I don't think I could move to another country away from my family and comfort zone.

Heather - It's nice to hear from you in the Haters area! (Speaking of restaurant disturbance... When my sister was 3 or 4 we were at a reastaurant and when the waitress asked us each for our order my sister yelled at the top of her lungs "a penis butter sandwich!". My mother was so mortified she ran out of the restaurant laughing leaving my dad there to deal with the situation. I guess that taught them about teaching us anotomically correct terms!)

Michele - Glad your hubby is coming back so soon. Have fun at the grocery store (I actually love the grocery store). I think today might be a good elliptical day:p .

Talk to everybody else later!

Good Morning gals!

August - I always rush through my food too. I just love food so much, I prefer to scarf it down. And I definitely think you should do less cardio (so I don't feel so bad when I go for a couple days without mine!)

Michele - I love going out for breakfast on Sunday morning! This is why I can never be on a diet. Man, I love big breakfasts. I'm going to have to figure out a way to trick myself into losing weight. Maybe I could get a tape worm or something?

MSY - I love the grocery store... Have fun and enjoy your non-step cardio!

Heather - Mmmm, sheet cake. Mmmm, pecans. I'm officially hungry now! Nice to see you in the check-in!

I scanned all the photos for Ryan's digital scrapbook (his birthday is next Tuesday!), and I'm going to put it together in Flash today. It should be fun. I just hope I'll have enough time.

I've decided something that's really scary, but I can't seem to talk myself out of it. I'm going to ask Ryan to marry me. I'm getting him an engagement band today. Yeah, sure, it would be great to wait for him to make the proposal, but I'm a woman of the 21st century and don't feel that I need to wait for him any longer. If he says no, then at least I'll know that I need to make other plans, right? I'm not getting any younger. And getting engaged on his 30th birthday (and our 6 year anniversary) would be amazing fun, as long as he says yes.

He's always been wooed by shiny jewelry anyway. Seriously, he's more of a jewelry person than I am.

I really don't think he'd say no... I mean we always talk about getting married, someday. But we've never actually gotten the process rolling. When I met him, I told him I wasn't in a hurry, but come on! 6 years later?? Hello! Do I need to spell it out for you?

I feel like the time is right. So I'm going to seize the day.

Wish me luck!!

:)

Hey haters-Msy that's too funny about your sis-kid's say the darndest things-

Michele, Michele-was that you that wrote something about barley burritos? can you give me the recipe? and you are soo sweet with your hubby-I'm trying to model myself after you in regards to that-he sounds like such a nice man-

Heather-please post the Texas sheetcake recipe April Fools Day-I will be waiting for it-

August- I can give you details, if you'd like-this is my personal experience so you may want to consult your physician as these claims are no way intended to take the place of ... yada, yada, yada-anyways LOL- I've realized that I'm not strong enough or have THAT much willpower to lift weights, do the cardio and eat right at the same time so a couple of weeks ago after putting in some serious time with GS (for 3 months) I just couldn't get motivated to work out so I finally decided to start eating clean, clean, clean like I never have before- I just got sick of working my butt off with these workouts and eating clean 80% of the time and nothing happening-I think it's hard for people that work out consistently but don't have the nutrition down and then thinking that since you workout so hard you can have the chocolate or the chips, et c. and then your still where you were, you don't lose pounds that way (YES I finally "get it" to everyone on this forum that has stated this time and again) -the only thing I had never tried was cleaning up my eating-so 2 weeks ago I started to eat healthy every single meal (I figured if I couldn't get the gumption up to "bring it" with Tony then I would concentrate on the eating- I just cannot do both at the same time, yet)- I eat about 4 simple meals a day and 2 snacks-I'm not being strict about my eating- I eat when I'm hungry but I eat a fruit or veggie for snack and if my family is not having something as "healthy" as I'd like I substitute. I put more veggies on my plate than meat, I don't eat after 7 at night, I still have 1-2 cups of coffe in the am, and I allow myself 1 glass of wine once a week. I'm not working out but once I get back to my goal weight I will restart with the Tonymeister-and then I'll probably add a whole nother meal to feed my body and build muscle then-I am losing those last derned pesky pounds-I'm not kidding-so it's motivated me to continue-i've finally broken the "key" to my body (my goal is to be the same weight as I was after my 2nd child) I want to get rid of my "pooch" as that is the unhealthiest place to carry extra pounds-I have "cheated" a couple of times-ate a spoonful of of chocolate, had a couple of handfuls of popcorn one night but for 98% of the time when I'm hungry I eat a banana or an orange or some cut green paper, I still have my shakes (1 a day)-whey protein pwder, skim milk, frozen blueberries,yogurt and 2 cups of romaine-yum, yum-I eat kashi in the am with some fruit-& the other night I made a black bean sofrito served it with rice and wrqpped it in a tortilla. I am 2/3 of the way to my goal weight and when I have a low moment and am about to eat all the chocolate in the room I tell myself that when I get there (in a couple of weeks or sooner), reach my goal, I will reward myself then by eating what I want for a day and get back to working out--

sorry for writing so much about myself above (August wanted to know)-I hope everyone is okay (I havn't gotten a chance to read all the posts from the last few weeks)-it's a sunny day here-take care ya all--Hello to everyone I missed--deb

Hello haters! The weather has been so nice here this weekend. Yesterday I was out and about running errands most of the day. This morning I got up, went to grocery store, went & washed Jeep, inside & out. My plan was to take it to the place that does it for you but they were not open yet & didn't feel like waiting so went to car wash & did it myself. Then home to workout, talked to next door neighbor outside for about an hour, then tanned, and now home. I have opened a couple windows to air out the house & am going to enjoy a relaxing afternoon before the work week hits again.

Yesterday w/o was Drill Max in morning & then did the kickbox & arm section of CTX Kickbox, and 2 10 minute section of BeachBody Great body-thin thigs & great buns. This morning was BeachBody Tear it up, about 80 min & I am considering doing either BB Firm It Up or Powerstrike 2 this afternoon...but we'll see!

August- Yeah, I can't figure out my stomach-who knows! It is annoying but it's still better now than it was like 3 years ago so I am just greatful it isn't as bad as it used to be. How do you make egg white oatmeal pancakes? They sound really good! I am sorry to hear about your Nintendo GS... >>maybe the Stalk Market crashed and threw her into financial ruin<< LOL, that is great Michelle!

Michele- I love the "chew" inserts for August! LOL! Have you talked the exterminator about the ants? How long did they say it could take? That does seem like an awful long time...why can't they just figure out where the nest is & kill them all? I think that is what my people did when I first bought my house & had them...once they killed them never saw another one & I've been here almost 4 years.

MSY- I can't run either so don't feel bad! I'm sure if I wanted to take the time to "train" my body to be able to I could but I just don't enjoy it enough to take the time. Sounds like today was grocery shopping for a bunch of us. I have a love/hate relationship with the grocery store... all the evil foods try to suck me into buying them "look here Jen...um, don't you want to buy us we are so yummy"... I always resist though, I love M&M's, milky ways, recees pieces & always am tempted to buy one but I talk myself out of it!

Arista- >>Maybe I could get a tape worm or something?<< LMAO! That is great, I know what you are saying though...too funny! Wow, I think that is great that you are going to ask him! If you are ready & know that is what you want then like you said it is the 21st century! I highly doubt he would say no. When is his b-day again?

Heather, Deb, Robin, Terri, Diane, Dana, Shelley, Mariah, Kara, Corrie- Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend.

I will BBL to post my rotation for next week, I have decided to do only w/o that don't use weights for lower body, or only high rep/low weight one, kickboxing, and toning workouts... my thighs are way too muscular for me right now and I am trying so hard to slim them down...ugh, I almost wish it was fat instead of muscle-this muscle has been harder to lose than any fat has ever been! BBL!

Hi Jen - Thanks for the encouragement. I doubt he would say no too, but he might avoid the question. That would be his style, unfortunately. His birthday is on Tuesday.... I'm excited. We'll probably go out for dinner and do something fun during the day.

I hear you about the thighs. But it could be worse! Don't say that about the fat instead of muscle thing... There's too many of us that would much rather be in your situation! I know I would. I have too much fat and muscle. I think not working your legs is a good idea though. Some people just build muscle in the legs really easily. I hope you get good results with the new plan. Let me know how it goes.

Deb - That's good advice about the eating clean thing. I've never been able to do it myself, but I know that if I did, I'd see results. Maybe I'll stop focusing so much on fitting in time for exercise and focus more on what I'm putting in my mouth! Definitely couldn't hurt.

So when you say you're eating clean Deb, what does that mean? There's so much advice out there on what to eat and not eat, I'm a bit confused sometimes. I know I need to kick sugar out of my house.... but other than that??

BBL - time to get some homework done!:D

hey haters!

I just wanted to pop in to say howdy! I have had one hell of a weekend and will have to share it with you on Tuesday because I have a final tomorrow and a research paper that I have to get critiqued. BUT, I have been thinking of all of you and can't wait to *talk* more on Tuesday. Love ya!

Arista- Wow, Tuesday will be here before you know it! You will have to post as soon as you get home to let us know the news!! Don't "let" him avoid the question...I mean like you said you've been together 6 years so he should know if this is what he wants, be strong! I still think that is awesome that you are asking him, a lot of women don't have the guts to do it or something, hello men are men & sometimes need a nudge in the right direction!! :)

Okay, rotation for this week:

Monday- Powerstrike 2 or Tamilee Webb Cardio Blast & 30min. Bun Shaper

Tuesady- w/o I didn't do Monday or Tone It Up

Wednesday- off night

Thursday- Powerstrike 1

Friday- Shape It Up & floor glute work from B&G

Saturday - KPC & something later in day

Sunday- Drill Max

I am determined to slim these thighs!!! I am thinking about ordering KempoX only from the P90X series... anybody have opinions on it? I posted the question in the OD also, it is $29.95 for one workout so want to make sure it's worth the money. It sounds like a workout I would really enjoy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.