HATE - Feb 27

Another funny intern story. My step mom recently had pnuemonia and a sore throat. The intern checked out her throat and kept telling her how to care for her tonsils, etc. My step mom just sat there for about 5 minutes listening to the doc go on and on about her tonsils. After she was done, my step mom said, "I haven't had my tonsils since I was 6 years old." My SM was livid!

Diane: great news about the morning sickness. You'll have a healthy little one before you know it.

Someone asked about Powerstrike - I LOVE them! I did PS1 several days ago and my b-u-t-t-o-c-k-s are just now recovering. And I LOVE Amy's Kicbox Xtreme. Yes, her form is much looser than PS1 or Cathe, but it's a fantastic cardio workout. There is also a learning curve for sure.

I posted a rotation on the Rotations board. YIKES, now I really have to hold my self accountable so I can post the results. I'm scared...

Terri

Hi all!

Dana, you should feel good that you did most of KPC yesterday! I can't believe that story about your friend. I got married 16 years ago right out of high school and don't think I could handle the dating scene these days! I hope Gannon feels better!

Arista, P90X is a set of 13(?) DVDs put out by Beachbody. The rotation is primarily used for building muscle and it works! If you do a search on the Open Discussion forum for it, you will find all sorts of info. I believe it cost about $120.00 and was money well spent! Tony Horton is the instructor and I really get a kick out of him. He is goofy and hot!
Each workout is about an hour including the w/up and c/d.

Terri, thanks for the endorsement of Amy's kickbox! I think I will order it after I finish with P90X in 4 weeks. It looks as though I need to get the Powerstrikes as well.
:)

Robin, ooohhh, I love that you have a Palm Court. I haven't had much success in growing palms indoors unfortunately. In FL, we grew mango trees and lived on a street lined with Royal Palms. It was really green. :) How is Greyor doing? It must be nice having him back home on his way to health. :)

Diane: Congratulations on your pregnancy! It is wonderful that you are feeling well again.

Well, I need to gather research for a paper, so I am off!

Good evening haters, I am going to make this short b/c my stomach hurts so bad I can hardly stand it. I am going to eat dinner, take unisom & go to bed. I was having a "going" problem last week to where I was going like 3 times a day, now it has caught up to me & I haven't been able to go since Sat. morning so as you can imagine it is quite uncomfortable & I am crabby!

August- I am happy for you & your PJ day, I wish I could have one...I guess Saturday isn't too far off!

Kara- Again I highly recommend the Powerstrikes, you won't be disappointed.

Arista- Congrats again on the new job. Are you going to continue to work both for a while? No major change-my hair is much darker now though than in my pictures, I'll go "blonde" again in the summer!

Dana- KPC has 3 kicking/punching combos but you said you did 3... so that would mean you did them all. Also, I don't think you would be disappointed if you ordered anything from beachbody that is by Debbie or Tony, the slim series I love. What a b*tch that woman sounds like... no wonder she is still single. I am so glad my hair appoitment is over, I normally like to go but not when my tummy feels this way.

Robin- Hope your feet feel better soon!

Diane- Sounds like you had an awesome time with your family & glad you are feeling better.

Mariah- Enjoy your new workouts!

Terri- I will have to check out your rotation & I'm checking e-mail next.

Michele- How is your day?

Okay, well I am going to take my VERY grouchy stomach to the kitchen & eat dinner MUCH earlier than what I am used to-I typically don't even think about dinner until between 7-8. I guess it is 6:30.

Okay, well tomorrow is Kick Max for me after work so I'll be back tomorrow evening. Enjoy your day haters & "fake" haters!

Good evening haters...

I have been sitting at this computer in my home office all frikkin day and I'm ready for a break! So this will be brief, unfortunately.

Jen - I'm sorry to hear about your grouchy stomach. I hope you feel better in the morning. Drink some hot water girl! Does coffee help you go? Its what always triggers it for me in the morning. If you don't drink coffee, you might want to start, just for that nice little side effect. And I'm sure you've tried all the over the counter stuff too?

Well, my vehicle is officially in need of repairs and my tooth hurts, so its to the dentist and the mechanic in March. I guess I won't have extra cash for Cathe DVD's. But, I did just join Blockbuster online (we're dropping our satellite movie channels), so I can rent new workouts from there. They don't have Cathe, but they have Christi and Kari Anderson and Billy Blanks. Not that I like Billy Blanks as an instructor, but his workouts always kick my arse. I'd like to try some of the dance/hip hop type workouts too (even though I'm by no means funky - but a girl can try right?) :p

What kind of music do you guys listen to? I've really been enjoying mix CD's and it might be fun for us to swap tunes. The only music I DON'T like is hardcore RAP and twangy country. I've been really into alternative stuff lately, like Blue October, My Chemical Romance, Silversun Pickups, and Fall Out Boy. Ryan says I'm going through a mid-life crisis because I'm listening to all this "young-person" music, but its just fun. (And he secretly likes it too!)

These new hypnosis CD's have really been great! I don't know if I'm actually eating less, but they really relax me. Its almost like guided meditation. Honestly, I've never been as relaxed and still awake as when I'm listening to these. I use them in the morning and at night. I can say though that its been easier to make good choices throughout the day. I had soup for dinner, a bowl of raisin bran with soymilk for a snack, a lowfat cheese and refried bean quesadilla for lunch and a bowl of whole grain cereal and a fruit smoothie for breakfast. That may sound like a lot of food to some of you... but this girl can eat!

I am going to go have a small dish of low fat rocky road ice cream though, and its off to bed for me. I've got a big website project to finish in the morning. I really like my new job! Its challenging but not overwhelming. And I don't have to deal with any of the clients, which is nice.

:* :* :* See ya tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.