Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sun March 11

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Maniacs!

This morning I did FIT Training with Keli Roberts (40") and then Celebrity Fit Tae Bo for a total of 70". I burned 420 calories. I really liked this Tae Bo. When he taught the moves single timed, I double timed them and jogged in between segments and had a great workout. I also did Intermediate Yoga with Stephanie.

The Keli Roberts workout is a functional fitness workout with speed/agility drills. I only previewed part of it last night. The beginning) and she was wearing a heart rate monitor and kept saying her heart rate was in the 160's....so I was psyched....but when I did it ...my HR was only in the 130's....then I did a couple of the drills longer than her and kept running in between and got my HR up a bit higher...but I ended up taking this out 40 minutes into in when she went down to the floor for ab work. So -- I need to preview this again, but it looks like the focus is on the core. Each drill had a medicine ball segment, weighted segment and a speed/agility drill and then core work, etc. I know functional fitness workouts are important, but for some reason I'm always in the mood for more traditional training.

Diane Sue & Suz - I wonder if you ladies have sinus problems. I was told that my migraines hang around so long because of my severe sinus problems. Whenever I get a migraine (especially at TTOTM), it usually lasts at least 10-15 days and sometimes more. I'm only allowed to take medication for about 4-5 days a month. I've had months where I've had about 2-3 spurts of migraines, each lasting for several days....but I've never really counted the days....but I get other headaches from my cervical spine issues....so sometimes I'm not sure if it's a migraine or combination of both. I do sympathize with both of you though.......if that helps any!! Maybe that's why they treat you with the Medrol Dose Pack....because they think it's from your sinuses, as prednisone is prescribed for people with allergies and sinus issues. I know I took that long term dose when I was first diagnosed with my nasal/sinus polyps, etc.

Have great workouts everyone. I'll be back later. We're going to the cheapo theatre today to see The Hitcher (remake ......the older version was wild...so hopefully it will be half decent). It's only $1 for the movie at the cheap theatre.

Well.......off to the tub and then to check the paper for jobs ......which has been a depressing experience around here lately. There haven't been any jobs!

Diane Sue - forgot to mention that the hands under feet forward bending is one of my favorites. If you pull, you can really get deep into the hamstrings. I'm finding it's taking me more and more to get deep in the poses since I've been doing so much yoga lately. I really like the one when you flip your hands under your feet with the palms down and it stretches the wrists out also. I think Shiva does this in Yoga Shakti or one of her DVDs. I'm glad you're okay with Eion. I was getting a sense that you were unhappy with it. The premixes are only slightly different, yes....it's not like Yoga Shakti. I think you're spoiled on the massive pose selection on that one. I just love the beach on Shiva's. I love doing Shavasana and listening to the ocean waves. You should try it some time........but I know you don't like to waste your time. However, when I do take the time to slow down and unwind, I really enjoy the beach!

Good Morning, today is my rest day. I was supposed to pick up my grandson for church but went to bed with a headache and had a bad night. I took some imitrex but it did not help:( I may try to do a stretch tape.

Lora, when I took the Medrol Dose Pack it did not help. In fact at that time I had so many severe headaches that they gave me muscle relaxers and all kinds of stuff including putting needles in my neck area and sending me to the physical therapist. I think they were on the wrong track because it was much worse when they were done. I do get combo headaches. I have sinus and I get tension headaches. I think they just sometimes bring on the migraines. Oh, and those treatments were about 20 years ago.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I always wish Sunday's were my off days. They are the hardest day for me to get motivated and actually want to do something. I hate that feeling.

Today was Back & Biceps going heavy. Ended up having an excellent workout. This is what I did:

2 minute rest between each set
Back:
Close Grip Pullups: 6/5/5
Overhand Barbell Rows: 75# - 1 set/6 reps; 80# - 2 sets/6 reps (heaviest I've ever gone with these)
Pullovers: 45# - 3 sets/5 reps (heaviest I've ever gone with these)
One Arm Rows: 40# - 2 set/6 reps; 42# - 1 set/6 reps

Biceps:
Barbell Curls: 60# - 3 sets/5 reps!!!! (Heaviest I've ever gone, I haven't curled 60# since the early 90's)
Preacher Curls: 55# - 2 sets/6 reps
Concentration Curls: 30# - 1 set/5 reps; 1 set/4 reps
Wrist Curls: 15's - 3 sets/10 reps 1 minute rest

Loving this rotation! Hope you all have a great Sunday and great workouts!

Lora - Great workout! I love Keli Roberts

Diane Sue - Hope you feel better, sorry you had a hard night.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I did complete my breakdown circuit workout. I just didn't have time to post. These workouts are alittle longer too...2-3 1/2 hours. Didn't do abs so I have ab ripper I will today, ride bike with kids (don't want to go 12 miles so I will go 6 with them:-( ) and then legs and glutes. Red Lobster to celebrate FIL's birthday last week. Busy fun day.

Hope you all have a great day too. Weather is greatly improving here. Love it.

Debbie,

I seen what you did! That is just fantastic! I pm'd you about it.

I gotta go. Kids waiting for me DH was gonna go, but he isn't feeling well. He has been on Atkins too long. He is on peptobismo

Charlotte~~

Hey Maniacs and Nerds alike! Today is a weight day. Waiting for DH to finish his workout. I might switch it to a bike ride if the mood strikes later.:)

Lora- Nice workout! Yoga is really working to limber me up too. It's amazing how tight we can get if we don't do some type of stretching.

Debbie- You really are kicking the C#@P! Outta this rotatation! Great job on upping the weights!

Toasty- Have fun with the bike ride today, also with L&G's. Order some crab legs for me.:9

Diane Sue- Sorry you had a bad nights sleep. Hope you feel better today.

Suz- My DH won't let me have a nerdy bike either. My bike is way above my abilities! LOL! But, it motivates me to live up to it.
I can now wear the cool bikes clothes, but my nerdiness still shows through somehow. I can't get rid of it!

Jen- Glad to see you are learning the secret hand shake? LOL! Funny about the cookies. Last night I had some family over and they LOVED the cookies. They even took half of them home! They were so shocked when I gave them the recipe. These are by far the best tasting "healthy" cookies I've made.

Here it is:

Healthy Oatmeal cookies.

1 ¾ C Oatmeal Flour (you can blend Oatmeal in blender until it is a flour like texture)
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 ¼ C dark brown sugar
½ C pure sugar cane or organic sugar
1 can Pureed White Beans ( Great Northern Beans-put the whole can in the blender and puree them until it is a thick liquid)
2 egg whites
1 Tablespoon real vanilla
3 C rolled oats
2 C chocolate chips or chopped apples or rasins
½ C chopped nuts

Combine just like all other cookie dough. The dough is gooey, but this makes a moist cookie.

Bake at 375 for 8 to 10 min. (chewy ) 12 min. (crispy)

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

I'm back for another day! Today is my day off. I was going to ride again but I decided to hang with DH. :) I have plenty of time to ride this summer and I don't want to burn out like I did last year. I had a blast yesterday so I'm gonna ride smart this year (I have to learn from Jeanette). I was soooo tempted to go back out today. But it's my day off so I'm taking it. They're leaving in an hour and it's all I can do to keep myself occupied. DH really wants us just to hang out together so I'm gonna do that. I bought a cute pattern for a summer dress so I'm gonna work on that. Gizmo's not been feeling well either so he needs his mom, right? :)

Jen, yes, I should have learned the secret handshake a long time ago. In my defense it was my ex-fiance who bought me that bike. But that doesn't mean that I wouldn't have bought it for myself. :)

Diane Sue - I do hate when I keep eating something that may be causing my migraines and I don't even think of it until 2 weeks into it. I do want to smack myself upside the head (the side that doesn't hurt!).

Lora - Nope, no sinus issues with me. Unfortunately I inherited migraines from my dad. He's the smartest scientist/ mathemetician/ engineer you'll ever meet and he shares with me his migraines. Darn! He did say that when I get older I'll get less and less. I don't think he gets them anymore and he's 79. I'm not sure when he quit getting them. I'll have to ask him. My neurologist says that the Medrol breaks the cycle or something like that. I don't know if it works for me or if, by the time I get it, it's about to end anyway. :)

Have a great day everyone!

Debbie - Those weights you're lifting - OY!!!!!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Dallys - GREAT ride! Oy!!!

I can't remember who was asking about going with Netflix or Blockbuster. I say absolutely don't go with Netflix. We've been with them forever with no problems but now all of a sudden they have huge waitlists for all the new movies and we are now not getting the new ones. We have 11 on our waitlist and we only got 2 this week because all the others are waitlisted. And one of the ones we got was a really, really old one we just wanted to see again. So a big NO VOTE for Netflix. I even e-mailed their customer service about a month ago to ask about their big waitlists to see if they were going to get more copies and they never even e-mailed back. And I was very nice about it. BAD customer service if you ask me.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Char - Hope you had a great ride today! It was nice here again, in the upper 50's. I can get use to this! :) What did you eat at Red Lobster?

Dallys - You and those cookie recipes! You made me hungry, I love oatmeal cookies! Great bike ride and excellent calorie burn. You were smokin' today!!! Oy!

Suz - Good for you for taking a rest day. We all need them! Good to see you posting again, as well!

Where is everyone? This list has been so slow lately. COME BACK!!!

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was Pyramid shoulders, MuscleMax shoulders and Hip Hop Abs Fat Burning Cardio Level 2. I am really enjoying the Hip Hop Abs series alot more than I thought I would! :) It is much more doable than I thought. Still glad there aren't any cameras around, but I am having fun and it is keeping me motivated to do cardio...my weakness.

Diane Sue-Thanks for the shoe weights info. You're right about the Jolies being discontinued. I found some other alternatives and now just need to figure out what I think will be the most comfortable option.

Lora-I love the beach on Shiva's DVD too. I think it is so unique that it is all around her versus being on the shore w/ the water behind her like they tape most WOs.

Deb-I am "enjoying" :) your Muscle Building & Cardio Rotation. Just finished week 1 and I have had DOMS everywhere except legs! Seeing some good results. Excellent WO for you as usual! Congrats on the weights increase!

Char-Our weather is improving here too (Atlanta, GA)! We are supposed to have 70's all week! :) Red Lobster sounds good! Did you have a good time? Eat anything yummy? Hope your DH feels better!

Dallys-Thanks for the cookie recipe! I've gotta make those just to see how they taste! That's cool that your guests took the other 1/2 home-that really says something! (Do I need Beano to wash down with these cookies? :) )

Suz-Hope Gizmo feels better. Of course he needs his mommy! :) Hope you had a nice day with your DH. My DH & I sat outside for awhile in the beautiful weather today. All three of my dogs were outside with us too sunning themselves. It was really nice!

Have a great night everyone!

Jen

Jen, I love the Pyramids but I really hate working shoulders. I think that is probably my least favorite body part. I bought a new long t shirt the other day and the sleeves were tight. (Oh Boy) not sure if I want that! If I build up the shoulders to much my purse slides off like I am a super slide:) What did you find to replace the shoe weights? I think that ankle weights would work but it just changes where the leverage is.

Suz, how is Gizmo doing? I would want to stay home too. I think my dogs get sick because they chew and eat everything they can find:) They drag it up on the door step. I try to keep them in the house but they ring the bell non stop wanting to go outside and bring me presents:)I also came to the realization that we have two dogs and leaving

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.