Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for March 2024

Today I did RAW Lower Body Ascending Pyramid and had a great workout, I will be feeling this tomorrow. It is a 30 second on/10 seconds off workout going heavier with each set. My left knee started to bother me so I stopped at the last exercise. Great workout, though.

Each ascending exercise is done 3 times through:
Squats - 12's/15's/20's
Forward Lunges - 12's/15's/20's (I did Cross Back Lunges)
Deadlifts - 12's/15's/20's
Sumo Squats - 12#/15#/20#
Reverse Lunges - Skipped

Also walked on my treadmill for 1.1 miles.

I did a stretch on my own because my legs were so tight. Total workout was 63 minutes, burned 523 calories, HR was 130/167.

Roselyn - Great workouts!

Hope everyone is doing well and I hope you all have a wonderful Easter!! I'll see you all on Monday!

Reactions: WD
No workouts. I needed to take a break and then we went on our vacation trip. I did not do much there except sit around with my feet propped up. My knee is still swelling and painful. I went to the doctor today and she sent me to get an x ray of my knee just in case there is something we don't want to miss. Otherwise, I can move it different directions, she felt everywhere, checked to see if I has strength to push her hands with my foot at different angles. It may be just something that will take care of itself if I am lucky. I won't hear results from the x ray till the first of the week probably, since it takes 24 to 48 hours and it is Friday. It was kind of a bummer sitting on the balcony on the hillside looking down at the falls. There was walking trails and places to climb down to the water. I could not do that. We ate out a lot and with no activity I need to clean things up this next week. I will go back to upper body training till I get rid of the swelling. I was talking to my doctor today about the box sit and upper weights. She was impressed. She said most people would just not do anything to keep up their health.

Debbie, that is terrible about your husband and the accident. I sure understand you not getting much sleep. I am glad he is okay. I think that there maybe should be something set up for older people to check to see if there is a problem with their driving abilities. 91 is pretty old to be driving. We had a neighbor once that took forever even to get out of his driveway and was always having emergency vehicles coming to help pick up his wife because she would fall, and he couldn't get her back in the wheelchair. They finally caught their house on fire leaving something on the stove and his family moved them to a facility. The family was in another state. It is sad, and older people do like their independence. I do know pretty alert and capable 80-year-olds and I know some that already have had their keys taken away. Life sucks sometimes. I think I would be quick to acknowledge that I should not be driving. I think a lot is mental ability to react and focus.
Nice workouts this week. Good job on Lower Body Ascending pyramids today.

Jolie, I hope the cool laser helped. It is always wise not push things when something is not quite right. I don't know why we don't listen to our bodies and give it a rest.

Belinda, that is great that you are done with the Invisalign. I will be doing catch up on house cleaning next week. I am dog sitting my son's dog this weekend. We picked up my dog from their house last night. I hope your trip is nice.

Roselyn, nice workouts.

Good morning, sorry for not checking in. We are still at the dealership learning about the RV. We can’t bring our car back, the plate that they have to install on the car is the wrong one. Not safe to flat tow. Either we pick up the car or someone will bring it to us. We found a lot of wood work inside the RV that for the price we paid I want it fixed. The dealership and the owner of Tiffin are amazing. We have no complaints about them. We will send another night here. Tomorrow we are heading home. Our plan was to stop in Ohio to visit HD family. Without a car DH doesn’t feel safe to go. Plus we don’t want to be dependent on someone else for a ride. Yes, it’s overwhelming. I will try to catch up on personal later. Testing the washer and dryer right now.

Attachments

• IMG_5753.jpeg
    IMG_5753.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 5
Today I had an excellent workout. I did CL# 25 Strong Upper Body and Core and loved it. It has been a long time since I have done this workout, I will be doing it again soon. Workout time was 1 hour and I burned 431 calories. This workout is in Giant Set format and you do each Giant Set 3 times before moving on to the next muscle group. I will be sore tomorrow, no doubt about it.

Debbie, so sorry to hear about your husband's accident, I am glad he is ok. My dad is 90 years old, and his mind and body are better than most 70 year old people. He works full time in the Commodities Markets and also rides a motorcycle. I get what you are saying about the older people driving but not all are in that poor of shape mentally or physically. I hope you get a do over on your birthday with your husband. We have a man in our neighborhood that is 91 and he just got his license taken away for running a red light in front of the high school. He is so out of it and the daughter he lives with would just let him drive knowing damn well he was not mentally fit to do such a thing. I believe the family members need to step up and make these decisions if they know in their heart that this is the wrong thing to let them do. I went and spoke to her because I saw him run a red light and she threatened to call the police on me, she is in total denial.

Belinda, wow on the motorhome, it is beautiful!!! I know you and your family will have such a good time in it, traveling around and exploring the country. I bet Sadie loves it too!

Diane Sue, I am so sorry about your knee and not being able to do much on your vacation. Do you have a far Infared light? That helps my knee immediately, I use it for 20 minutes and it is amazing what it can do for pain and swelling. My back is back to normal, the cool laser and the Infared light helped so much. I used to ice it, but I find that heat works better for me. I hope you get a positive read on your x-ray on Monday.

Roselyn, way to go on the workouts the past few days.

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter; we have pouring rain today! But, what a great day for a long workout :)

Debbie - OMG! So scary. I am so glad your husband is okay. I agree older people shouldn’t be driving at that age. I hope he is okay too. No wonder you didn’t get sleep. I am sorry for what you are going through.

Jolie - thank you. She is a beauty. I am going to try to get a short video. The inside is very beautiful too. No more hotels for us.

Diane - glad you took a vacation. I was so worried. I am glad your doctor is getting an x ray to rule out any I other issues.

I did STS 2.0 chair yoga and CDorner Day 2 upper body chair stretch this morning. My knee feels better today and I am wondering if it is partly because I took the compression wrap off last night.

Belinda, your RV is beautiful. I am sorry the plate was not right to tow the car. I am sure things will get done and it will all be perfect. It is so nice to have a place that is all your own to sleep and travel in. It was nice when we did that. No hotels with people thumping up the halls and you have your own bedding and are able to still eat healthy. Nice work on the walk today. I think I needed the break. I really did just sit around and do nothing most of the time. I will try to get an upper body workout in Monday.

Jolie, great job on CL #25 Strong Upper Body and Core. I was bummed about the walk to the falls and along the trails. We sat in our cabin and watched movies with the dvd player that we took and drove to a couple of towns to eat dinner. We could sit on our balcony and watch the water flowing down over the rocks. It was peaceful as no one was in the other cabins. There was cable, but it only worked the first night. I think we both had Fox News withdrawals. I was looking over the red light devices on Amazon. Some do not have as strong of light as the numbers I have read to look for. Tommy Copper sells different things with it, but the reviews I have read were not a lot of positive ones.

Happy Easter!

We are home again until we pick up my car in NY. Hopefully the part comes in soon.

Diane - thank you. We love the RV. I agree, it’s nice to have a place that is all my own bed to sleep in with my own clean sheets , use my own bathroom…eat heathy food in. We love it. We looked for a long time for the perfect RV, we both loved this one the best. It sounds like you need a break. I am glad you listen to your body. We workout every day, year after year. That’s a lot on the body.

Roselyn - nice job with your Tabata today.

Good night.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.