Fun question: If you have a college degree, what's it in?

Boybert

Cathlete
and does it relate to the work you do now?

Me: Well, I'm a stay at home mommy to a beautiful 14 month old boy, Aiden Mackenzie. Before that, I was a clinical social worker at a therapeutic group home in Baltimore. I worked with teen girls - whew! My undergrad is in psych and my grad is in social work, so yeah, I guess it kind of relates!

"you miss 100% of the shots you never take"

Debbie

I have a Bachelor's in English (Medieval Literature and Professional Communication), an Associate of Applied Science in Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology and I am one class shy of a Bachelor's in Forensic Anthropology! If I can find a class in Virginia that will transfer to NMSU, them I will have three wildly different and totally useless degrees.

I don't use any of them for my work as a legal secretary now, but I used the AAS degree when I worked for Intel. I'm (hopefully) going to grad school in Fall of 2006, but first I need to decide on a career path.

RE: Fun question: If you have a college degree, what's...

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.

I'm a computer programmer though. :)

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition. Altho I use it personally, I don't use it at work at all. I'm an executive assistant and I get asked ANY time I intervew why I didn't go into the nutrition field and they get worried I might switch careers...sigh still after 10 years in this field I get asked.

Colleen

Well, here it comes. Why aren't you working in the nutrition field?

Marla:p

I have a Masters in Screenwriting. Needless to say, I have spent a lot of my life doing temp work!!

sparrow

I have just an AAS in secretarial/medical which I parlayed into the medical transcription field. This worked out great since the hospital where I worked decided to put all the transcriptionist at home in 1997 and that is where I've been since then. I get paid by the line (production) so I can about write my own check depending on how much I want to work.

Can I brag? My daughter just graduated May 7th with a double major, BSed in Secondary Education and BS in European History. She has already landed a job at Ashbrook High School. She wants to start on her masters work probably in January on a part-time basis while she teaches.

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Management, a master's in software engineering and have been a sahm for six years. BUT, I just passed my personal trainer exam. I guessI can run my own business and I won't have to pay anyone to fix the computers!!

--Lois

"If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning" - Mahatma Ghandi

I have a BS in Computer Science and a MS in Engineering Management.

I decided right away that I didn't want to be a manager (so NOT using the Engineering Management degree really). Too much politics and watching what you say (which I have a problem with -- things just fly out of my mouth) for me.

The BS in Computer Science pays my bills though. I'm very glad I went down that path, even though I don't find it very fulfilling anymore.

I'm a personal trainer and fitness instructor too. That's the stuff I really love. However, my day job really interferes with my training business. Wow...actually, my flopping down on the couch every night after work is what really interferes with it!

Good question!
Shonie

I have a BS in Biology from Montana State and a Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine from Colorado State. I am a veterinarian, so, yes, I do use my degree!!

I have a PhD (preceded by a B.S. and a Master's) in French. I teach French at a university.

Oh, and I also have a diploma in Fashion Merchandising from a one-year Vo-Tech program (and I've NEVER used it! Got that before I discovered my real talents! Which don't include trying to sell people stuff they don't need.).

I have a BS in social studies - double major in economics and history - and 1/2 of a master's down in public policy. My surprise! second baby came halfway through and, well, life took hold... I run my own financial/insurance firm so don't really use my degree per se. But I have also run the religious education program at my church (Unitarian Universalist) so have actually used quite a lot of what I learned in that! Go figure. I'll get back to that master's one of these days...

Kerrie

My undergrad is in Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources. I also have an Masters of Science in Counseling and Psychology concentration in Mental Disorders. I work in the field of Finance.

No wise cracks please x(

I have a BS in Materials Science & Engineering. And yes, my job does relate to my degree. I'm a design engineer right now. I have also been a development engineer in heat treat research, and a metallurgical engineer in a met lab. (All with the same company.) I may not always be in engineering, but it's working out alright for now. :)

I have a BS in Zoology from UNC and an MS in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology from U of Michigan. I bailed out of the PhD program with an ABD.

I occasionally use my training in a nonprofit job, but usually I temp as a technical writer or lab tech.

I have a BS in Psychology and Biology and no, I don't use them a bit! Been a sahm for 17 years. But next year I'm going back to school for nursing!

:)

I have a BS in geography--a useless degree careerwise, but I think that all the science and math I took in college do help in the education of my kiddos. I'm a homeschool mommy:p.

Maggie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.