Mckmain

Cathlete
Good morning ETLers

I changed things up a bit yesterday

B: leftover burrito
Snack before workout half genisoy protein bar
L: fruit smoothie and leftover Garlic soup
Snack: a few Multi grain Wheat thins
D: Quorn patty (Not vegan but vegetarian), brussel sprouts, big salad and a few of Alexia'a onion rings. I usually cheat a bit the night before a long run...:)
Dessert: fruit smoothie split with my DH

Jacque...wow! I want to eat at your local health food store!!! I sure wish mine offered things like that. I got to thinking after I posted to you...I don't know if you have ever tried seitan, but sometimes that is referred to as "chicken style" as it is a wheat gluten product that resembles dark chicken meat and it is very good...:)..I have also used the tofu squares, sliced on bread for a sandwich...

Diane...that is awful about dinner making you feel bad. I know when I went to a wedding awhile back, I ate some of the food that I thought might be safe but I think something in the mashed potatoes set off my stomach....I hate not knowing...I bet after eating good yesterday, you will feel lots better today...

Tina....good way to think of yesterday being a new day! I know we will all eventually have those bad nights out...:)

Barb...great job thinking ahead like that. That recipe sounds good. I have not used tahini much. Tofutti sour cream is great and have you tried Veganaisse?

Kim...so where do you live? I want those summer fruits!! Your day looks good.

Maggie....thank you so much for the nice compliments!! You are so sweet. No, I am not a photographer, but I do like taking pics, especially of sunsets and snow...:)....sorry you still feel a bit yukky. I would wait also to feel better before the strict 6 week plan..

Carole--great idea for breakfast. Thanks for the Veganaisse tip, too. I think I have tried a similar product and liked it, but I didn't use enough of it before the expiration date.

Today I made some black bean spread stuff to use for a sandwich topping:
In the food processor, I combined a garlic clove, a big can of black beans, cumin, salt, pepper and enough water to make the motor not stop.

It turned out pretty well , but will probably taste better after refrigerating for awhile.
I think it will be good with salsa and vegan sour cream, too...

So far eating-wise:
pre-run: potatoes + water
post-run: large amount of berries + oat bran
Lunch: Sprouted grain english muffin & black bean spread with veggies on top

I'm not sure yet what we're having for dinner.

Have a great day of eating and a great day in general ETLers,
Barb
:)

Good afternoon Everyone:

Carole:. That is funny you should ask if I ever tried seitan before because while I am checking in I am trying to make my own homemade version and it is cooking on the stove. I have had it at differant places in New York and Philly and it was really tastey so I am going to see if I can make a dish with it at home. I will probably use it in chilli or something for dinner tonight.

Barb: That black bean spread sounds tastey.

Today so far:
Breakfast: Berries, Quinio, Rice milk, flax seed
Snack: Figs and a cliff bar
Lunch: a hand full of fritosx(

I am looking back over my menu and I have noticed I have not been doing as well this week as I would have liked. However I ate much better than I was around the holidays. So I think I will call this past week a transition week and really step things up starting tommorow. Yeah, transition week that sounds good;-)

Keep of the good work everyone and enjoy the rest of your weekend

Good afternoon everyone! Carole, nice job with the change ups :) change is good! I have to try the fruit smoothie, I have tried some frozen fruit and didn't like it. It just tasted funny to me. But I did find some raspberries and strawberries today at the Market!! Yummmmy, as long as I wash them well :) I think I'll try a smoothie tomorrow using those.

today's meals

b- 1 banana and a whole grain english muffin
l- 2 cups of berries, a veggie wrap
s- 1 cup corn pops with soy milk
d- huge salad with beans,small slice of homemade pizza (wheat dough, little cheese, fresh tomato) then fruit

I feel like I've been falling off, giving into my carb cravings. I have started to re-read the ETL book to remind me WHY I am trying to eat healthy- to BE healthy!!

Keep being healthy ladies, you are all doing a great job!!! -Tina

Jacque: I think calling the week a transition week is a good idea! Most of us Can't go into a whole new way of eating all at once. I like the way you think though- every day is a little bit better than the last. That will always lead to improvement!!
Enjoy your afternoon!! :)

Hi everyone,

well I was really craving chocolate last night, but I didn't give in and I feel very good about that this morning and the craving is totally gone.

Barb - I made the chickpea burgers with a can of chickpeas and red kidney beans, grated carrot, diced onion, tahini, garlic clove, coriander. Just bung it all into the food processor and then cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes. I do find them a bit crumbly though so am trying to find something else to add that will hold them all toghether a bit better. But I find them yummy.

Your black bean spread sounds yummy. I will have to give that a go.

Carole and Jacque - I have never heard of seitan, what is that?

Today's meals

B - blueberries, raspberries and pears
S - banana
L - oats, pumpkin seeds, almonds, and soy yogurt,
S - banana
D - sweet potato, cauliflower, broccoli.

Carole - I live in Tasmania, Australia.

Have a great day everyone.

Kim:)

Hi ladies -

Working again today so it will be a quick entry.

Today is:

B: steel cut oats and clementines
L: spinach salad with a black bean and rice cheese taco on ww tortilla. I was still hungry so split a fruit smoothie with DH.
D: margarita pizza on Ezekeil tortilla with black bean and corn salad and mixed green salad on the side.

I hope everyone has a great day today!

Hi everyone!

I love reading what everyone else is eating. It gives me ideas. I have not tried a lot of soy products, so maybe I'll have to venture into that.

I still feel gross, but not as bad. I lifted yesterday and did LIC step premix+the blast add on+abs today. I felt a little shaky by the end, probably because I have not been eating much of anything for the last few days. I had a banana and whole grain toast this morning. And lots of water.

The good news is I've lost 4 lbs of the 12 I want to lose. The bad news is that it's probably just water:-( . But last year at this time I was at the end of pregnancy and weighed about 65 lbs more than I do today, so I guess I should not gripe too much.

take care all
Maggie:)

Jacque--the black bean spread was definitely better later in the day. What do you do with figs? I'm only familiar with fig newtons....

Tina--I had a similar dilemma trying to figure out what was/is a carb craving vs. my body needing more calories or more carbs. I am still working on this.

Kim--thanks for the burger details. They sound good. I will try them. I once made Anzac biscuits --which I think is an Australian cookie. We had some friends from the U.S. who lived in Melbourne area for 2 years. I am thinking that they said Tasmania is very, very beautiful?

Diane--that sounds like a great day of eating. Even moreso for being at work.

Maggie--glad you are feeling better. Great job on the weight loss now and in the overall big picture. That takes a lot of work and commitment. I found post-pregnancy weight incredibly hard to lose!

-Barb
:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.