Differences between STS 2.0 Lower Body 1, 2, and Body Parts Legs?

Kellyro77

Cathlete
I originally posted this to the "Newest/Upcoming" forum and wasn't getting any response, so I've moved my question here. I'd love some insights on this. :) Thanks!

I was just noting that when we get to phase 3 of the STS 2.0 rotation that for lower body, Cathe just focuses on lower body as a whole (legs), instead of breaking that down into body parts, as well.

Seems like it's kind of the same as the Lower Body 1 and Lower Body 2 workouts in Phase 2, only of course she throws in different exercises.

I wonder if there's a specific benefit to only using Body Parts Legs during Phase 3 of the rotation, or, if really any of her STS 2.0 lower body only workouts could get thrown in (in case you're getting tired of the same legs rotation every week.)

Thoughts?

Hey Kellyro77,

I saw your previous post and wondered the same thing ...

I think substituting the other LB workouts would actually be beneficial, or even another LB (heavy weight, which is rare unless you have Meso3 of the original STS). The other option which may be good is a contrast training workout like RWH's Legs.

The other concern i have with the Parts segment of the rotation is sometimes Legs aren't worked in a particular week at all.

I recall seeing that, too, Debinmi. I was also partially dismayed to be losing so many recovery days when we get to phase 3. But then that's just my natural lazy self getting grumbly about it. I understand that the majority of my other muscles are going to be resting/recovering when I just focus on one part per day.

I don't follow all the months rotations that Cathe posts, but I think sometime it would be great if she posted a premix-only rotation that only uses the premixes from her workouts. I'm curious, for example, about trying out her Split Routine option that's mentioned in the User Guide, Moreover how she'd personally recommend using it and rotating it.

.... I'm curious, for example, about trying out her Split Routine option that's mentioned in the User Guide, Moreover how she'd personally recommend using it and rotating it.
I'm actually loosely following the 10 week rotation which uses the mishmosh premixes for a 3-day split. I plan to use 3 of the premixes for each DVD to make a 3-day split for 3 weeks of variety. I'm doing cardio 2x/week.

I think there’s a science to Cathe’s thinking when she puts together a rotation ( I’m just guessing ) with STS 2.0. With heavy weight training and desirable outcomes there’s a certain way of building muscle ( again just guessing) if we trained with her Live one on one maybe it would be different or because she has to think of everyone having different bodies, eating habits, schedules, commitments levels she has to build her rotation a certain way.
The beauty of it all we can do our own or follow the expert

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.