Did my first Cathe X-press combo!

jennfier

Today I did All Step Step & intervals. I modified during the intervals (I didn't do 15's, I did 7's with 2 basics, I also cheated during the plyojack-jumps interval, & I did single leg leaps side to side instead of double leg hops during the last interval), & it was great--if anyone wants a good "old fashioned" Cathe step workout, this is what I'd suggest--although, it's not old fashioned! There are lots of new combos in there to keep things plenty interesting! I hope to do a 10-10-10 Power Circuit combo soon--I will probably keep my barbell pretty light, 20 lbs. is my max. Just thought I'd let everyone know that it is possible to combine these tapes (trust me, I'm not sadomachistic!) I just love the music on these tapes, & Cathe is excellent! If I were recovering from having a baby, this is the series I would use. She is so reassuring & understanding it really helps you to listen to your body & not compete with past performances. Well done!

Sounds great!

Wow, sounds like a great combo, Jennifer. The 10--10-10 Power Circuit combo sounds good, too. I think these tapes are going to be so fun to combine. Can't wait til the DVDs are ready!
happy.gif

DVD questions

I don't know too much about DVD's (I know I'm really behind the times here), but from the posts I've read, it seems that you can "fast forward" to combine sections or even whole tapes a lot easier--can you program your DVD player to do this automatically? I have been trying to think of ways to combine all the strength portions on Cathe's X-press workouts, & all I can come up with is just having the tapes ready to play at the right spot, then switch tapes for each section. I know it sounds cumbersome, but I am going to try it!! (unless I join the modern age & pop for a DVD player & Cathe's DVD's--Cathe makes it awfully tempting!)

DVD differences

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Sep-04-00 AT 03:28PM (EST)</font></center>

Hi Jennfier (sp?),

Yes, with a DVD you can move from one segment to another at the touch of a single button, in under a second. If you have to go via the DVD menu it might take you 2 or 3 seconds. A lot of DVD's are programmable, so you could say you wanted the warm-up in the first workout, section 1 of w/o2, etc.

Unfortunately, my DVD doesn't allow this, but it takes 5 DVD's at a time - no fiddling round changing which DVD you want in. I chose it partly because the CTX were originally going to have cardio separate from the weights sections, but I love it anyway, even though now there will be whole workouts on each DVD. It's so fast swapping between chapters, workouts, and even DVD's, I'm in combo heaven.

Just imagine, with all of Cathe's DVD's you can choose sections from any of 11 workouts, plus an additional abs section which she put onto the Cardio Hits DVD (contains Power Max, Step Fit, AND Step Works). I've been using that one a lot, tagging it on the end not just of Cathe's Step workouts, but also of other cardio workouts with no abs work! Or adding an extra Cathe combo into a shorter Step workout (eg. some of Kari Anderson's tapes). Seeing as the workouts are broken down into 10-20min sections, you can mix and match to your hearts content.

Plus there are other little extras that can be put into DVD. For instance, I have Kathy Smith's Kickbox on DVD. Firstly, she's added some extra sections onto the DVD that didn't appear on the vid, giving you more minutes for your money. Secondly, she's programmed it for a long or short workout, or you can mix and match your own combinations. Thirdly, you can also choose whether you want the audio in: English instruction music, Spanish instruction music, music only, English instruction only, or Spanish instruction only! When I saw that I couldn't help but think of some of the threads complaining about video music on VF.

As you can probably tell, I LOVE my DVD!! I've even been heard singing "I wish they all could be DVD's" to the tune of California Girls
happy.gif
If you can find a good bargain (there are some threads on this) it is SO worth it, IMHO.

Sorry to gush. Hope this answers your questions.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.