Deanie's Rotation Check In for Tues. 3/6

Good Morning Gals!

I thought I'd get things started today since I have a question for you. First of all though, today was DM cardio only for me. I dread the cardio in this workout for some reason so I did the shortest premix. It still kicks my butt though!

Now for my question. Do any of you have a body shape that is pretty much straight all the way down? I never can remember if that's called an ectomorph or endo or whatever. I want to know where you shop for pants, jeans, etc. My waist isn't much smaller than my hips and I know that most women's clothing is made for a curvier figure. So I have to buy a size to fit me around the waist but they always tend to be baggy or saggy in the butt and thigh region. Hope this rambling all made sense. ;) Any suggestions?

Hope everyone is doing well. Things are looking up around my household so I'm much happier today!!

Tracee

Tracee and all who come after,

It was so nice to log on and not have to start the thread! I get to answer a question instead of think of one!!LOL :) I wear mens jeans. My waist is smaller than my hips, though now I'm 41, not as small as it was, and mens jeans sit on your hips, not your waist. I'm a size 4 womens, and in mens jeans I wear a 28 X 30, though they can be hard to find. Sometimes I end up with a 29 X 30. The first # is your waist/hip size, the second # is your length. I also do NOT wear tight clothes, so my jeans tend to be on the looser side! I hate tight jeans, I like to be able to put stuff in my pockets and not have an outline!

Today was GS chest and tri. I was not happy with my workout today. I had to drop one of my weights for tri. from what I had written down. I like to stay the same or go higher. Oh well, something to work on for next time!

I did 3 sets of 16 pushups with my feet/toes on the step.
3 sets bench press...20#
1 set flye...20#
2 sets flye...17#
2 sets incline press....20#
2 sets incline flye....17#
2 sets close grip press..40# (but I only did 2reps of 4 of the bonus)
dips with 35# barbell on lap
lying extension... 1 set 10#, 1 set 8#
overhead extension....6reps at 25#(last time did the whole set at 25#), 1 set at 20#
1 set cross body extension....10#
1 set cross body extension....8#(again, did 10# last time)
2 sets kickbacks....10#
by kickbacks with the band.... my arms were shakin'!!!:)

Tracee- I love DM, but it does kickbutt!! At least you did something, thats better than nothing! Glad everyones better at your house!

Marcy- I'm glad you got the videos. I hope you like them!(I'm sure you will!)

Gin/Jennifer- Hope you have a great workout/yoga practice today!

Tomorrow is a 30 min. interval run (and KM legs & coremax seg 1), instead I'm doing Body Max 1 warm up and 2 power circuits and BM2 power circuits before the other workouts. I'm hoping the 6 power circuits equal a 30 min. interval workout.

Have a great day all,
Its a quiet day today, so I'll BBL,

Deanie

Good Morning!
Today was Body Max 2 Cardio Only Premix and it was perfect!! It had been a while since I had done a step workout because of my leg, so I didn't know what to expect. The length was perfect (43 min.) and I easily remembered the routine and best of all my leg didn't bother me!!:7 Tonight I will go to aqua jog class.

Tracee--DM is a tough one. I really want to like it, but it's really not one of my favs. I have the opposite body shape from you. Wish I could give you some of my extra "hippage".:eek: I have 36" hips and pants are never baggy there! Can you shop in the Junior Dept.? How about The Gap?

Have a great day everyone!
Gin

Gin- I'm doing the happy dance for you!!!}( It must have felt great to do step and have your leg not bother you:7 :7 I actually thought you were doing yoga today.... Silly me!!:)

Deanie

Congrats Gin on the step workout! I hope this means you are on the mend.

I have bought some things in Juniors but they don't usually fit right. I have thought about buying men's jeans like Deanie suggested but I've never done it. The gap is where I buy most of my pants, they fit me the best. They have the "straight" style that seems to work best for me.

Anyway, thanks for answering my question guys!

Deanie - I'm glad I could give you a break today on starting the thread! ;)

Tracee

Hi all!

I did the Cardio Blast premix from Body Max 2. This was an intense workout for me. Burned 565 calories. My heart rate stays really high throughout this workout. I have DOMS in chest and triceps from yesterday's workout and today I have DOMS in my hips. I did okay until the last blast with the power turn, plyo jack, air jacks, jumps forward and back. I can never seem to do this blast full force because I always tire out by the time I have to do the air jacks.

Deanie: I wouldn't be upset about your workout. I'm proud of you. Your weights are awesome. I think you're better with the chest and I'm better with tris. We all have one body part that works better than the other. Chest is real tough for me.

Gin: Glad your leg was okay and you had a good workout.

Tracee: Sorry I can't help you but I'm more of an hourglass shape. I have problems with jeans too. Sometimes the waist is too big on me. I think there was a thread on this on OD. Maybe if you did a search on "jeans" you might find it.

Jen: Glad you got to do Drill Max last night. Don't worry that you're not sweating enough. You have to remember that Cathe and crew are under all those lights and they're real hot. What kind of step do you like, complex or athletic? For complex, I like Rhythmic Step or Step Blast. I also like Step Works. For athletic, Body Max 2 was really good or Power Max or you might try the step portion of Maximum Intensity Cardio.

Have a good day all. BBL.

Marcy

Hi Ladies ~ How is everyone?

I like all types of Step, I would have to say my faves are Rhythmic Step & Step Blast though. I haven't done Power Max in a while and this is the one I have out to do tonight. What step height does everyone use? I try to use whatever Cathe is using, but I noticed my knees seem to ache is I used a 8 inch step height, so I try to stay at 6.

Eating didn't go that well this morning...yep, you guessed it a Donut for breakfast...ARGH!!!!

Starting tanning this afternoon, going to stop at lunch time. I know tanning isn't good for you. I think of it this way, I don't smoke, Drink, or do drugs...so what the h*ll!! I tried self-tanning creams, and I just don't like them. I just keep up w/ my yearly dermatolgist appts...
I would love to have a base tan by next weeks Gala. I HATE, HATE pantyhose!! :)

Take care,
Hope everyone has a great day~

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/Fitness-momx2

http://5.UploadMirror.com/uploaded/3/933/glitter_maker_03_01_2007_19_17_32_14056.gif

Hi Jennifer:

Did you find a dress yet? I usually use 8" now for my step routines. I even used 8" for IMAX 1 and 2 but never for IMAX 3. If I'm learning a new step workout or if it's complex, I'll start out at 6". I think my heartrate stayed so high this morning because I did it on 8". Do you have any other step videos besides Cathe? I really like Patrick Goudeau, Christy Taylor and Rob Glick. Be careful with the tanning and try not to overdo it. I'm fairskinned so I never have a tan. I don't bother going in the sun because I only get burnt. Forget about breakfast, just try and have a good lunch and dinner.

Marcy

Hi all,

Marcy- Thanks for your words of wisdom!;-) I guess my workout was okay, I just hate going down in weight. I like to at least stay the same. But your post made me feel better!:)

Jennifer- I use whatever step height Cathe does. For CTX I do raise the step to an 8". Does the "fake" tan work for you? I tried it in college, and it didn't look like I had a tan. In the sun I usually tan nicely. What do you do that you get a great gala like this?

Deanie

Hello -

Well, afternoon wasn't too bad, Had chicken teriyaki w/ fried rice & veggies...I guess not to bad, but could of been better. It was good though :)
Dinner is probably going to be something simple, maybe fish, veggie, & a salad.

I am going to try an 8-inch step tonight...I always like to use 8 -inches because it gets my heartrate up more!

Tanned this afternoon. I definitely watch what I do and don't over do it.....When I was younger I would go every day of the week and tan 20-30 mins at a time. Now I normally only go 2-3 times a week, each time 10 mins. Usually after I get my base tan, I back off for the rest of the summer. I normally get really dark, and the tan I get from the beds look just like I have been laying out in the sun.
I enjoy laying out on the beach soooo much better though...:)

So, how is everyone else doing? It's only Tuesday....I can't wait until FRIDAY :)

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/Fitness-momx2

http://5.UploadMirror.com/uploaded/3/933/glitter_maker_03_01_2007_19_17_32_14056.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.