Cathe's upcoming The Strong & Sweaty 5 DVD Series?

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

Before I place my preorder today I have a few questions? I have arthritis in both my knees due to high impact :( I also have lower back problems. I can't do high impact anymore. Would you recommend the new set for someone that can't do high impact? Will there be a modifier showing modifications throughout the workouts? Of course, I can modify on my own. Please, help me decide :)

Hi Cathe,

Before I place my preorder today I have a few questions? I have arthritis in both my knees due to high impact :( I also have lower back problems. I can't do high impact anymore. Would you recommend the new set for someone that can't do high impact? Will there be a modifier showing modifications throughout the workouts? Of course, I can modify on my own. Please, help me decide :)

Can we preorder today? Is it ready to do so? Also, good luck with your question about a low impact modifier....I've asked twice, and never
received an answer.....hope you do....then we'll both know ! :)

Hi Cathe,

Hi Belinda! The Strong and Sweaty series is an advanced series that will have very fun, flowing and effective workouts. Some workouts in this series will have a mixture of high and low impact workouts while others in this series are solid weight (or cycle) workouts in which impact modifications are not necessary. If you have been modifying over the years with my previous advanced workouts you will have no problems doing the same in this workout series either. I don't plan to have a designated modifier in this series. I plan to casually show modifications if/when I select a move that most participants would benefit from by having a modified option demonstrated. I wish I could go into further detail for you right now but the series is just not far enough into the choreography "polishing" phase for me to have a more defined answer for you. But I feel very confident telling you that I think you'll be very happy with this series.

Thanks Cathe, for letting us know about the modifier, etc. I've learned to modify a lot of the higher impact moves on my own, too, but
sometimes, some of the moves are kinda' hard to figure out how to keep 'em grounded. Maybe those will be the ones that you will
mention..and maybe there will be a premix of just the low impact ones...and of course, with the blender, we can always make our
own "low impact" blend. Sounds great....I'm in the "pre-sale" line !..awaiting the moment to push the button ! :)

Hi Belinda! The Strong and Sweaty series is an advanced series that will have very fun, flowing and effective workouts. Some workouts in this series will have a mixture of high and low impact workouts while others in this series are solid weight (or cycle) workouts in which impact modifications are not necessary. If you have been modifying over the years with my previous advanced workouts you will have no problems doing the same in this workout series either. I don't plan to have a designated modifier in this series. I plan to casually show modifications if/when I select a move that most participants would benefit from by having a modified option demonstrated. I wish I could go into further detail for you right now but the series is just not far enough into the choreography "polishing" phase for me to have a more defined answer for you. But I feel very confident telling you that I think you'll be very happy with this series.

Thank you Cathe :) I am so glad to hear you plan on showing modifications :) I also learned to modify over the years, have to agree with aqua girl,some moves are impossible to modify without someone showing you an option :( I have to train smarter not harder:D I can't wait for more details about the cast a.s.o. I will place my order on Tuesday :)

I may sound stupid (I know I do!) but will there be video clips of the DVDs before ordering them? I'm waiting on the Fit Tower and would like to preview the new series if I can? I have no clue how long each disk is and while I will probably buy everything but the cycle workout it's always nice to see what you're getting before you commit! Especially since I am completely out of shape after two weeks of vacation.... :)

Video clips can't be made until workouts are filmed and edited, which means video clips will not be available until late Fall. We're going to post an FAQ later tonight that will answer most questions about the new series.

I don't have Cathe Live and I didn't go to the RT. How are these different from Cathe's other workouts? Are these workouts like XTrain or GS? Is PHA training like Body Beast with the giant sets? What can I compare these too? Are these light or heavy weights?

I'm in too! There's a website called 2lazy4gym and the author posted sample workouts for Cathe's giant sets and PHA. No videos but a detailed description of the exercises - I realize they probably aren't the same as Strong & Sweaty but if they are anywhere close I took the bait LOL! I'd love to know more about the Ramped Up Upper Body (my problem area) but I will TRY to be as patient as possible... try being the key word! ;)

I don't have Cathe Live and I didn't go to the RT. How are these different from Cathe's other workouts? Are these workouts like XTrain or GS? Is PHA training like Body Beast with the giant sets? What can I compare these too? Are these light or heavy weights?

Hi Belinda,

• PHA training method is similar to circuit training. The key element is you move quickly from one exercise/drill to the next one.High step training and High step challenge content shows IMO a similar PHA layout.
PHA training consist of alternating Upper and lower body exercises in a circuit fashion. Normally the rep range is 10-15 reps.
So it is a fast and furious workout. My favourite is high step challenge --- I do gasp for air a lot on that one. I can
recall cathe literally stopping to talk while doing crazy 8 with barbell --- So get ready lol:D:D
Rep range is light to moderate weight.

Here is an easy explanation of PHA Training + a clip

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/he.../what-is-peripheral-heart-action-training-pha

Giant sets are moderate to heavy.

Hi Belinda,

• PHA training method is similar to circuit training. The key element is you move quickly from one exercise/drill to the next one.High step training and High step challenge content shows IMO a similar PHA layout.
PHA training consist of alternating Upper and lower body exercises in a circuit fashion. Normally the rep range is 10-15 reps.
So it is a fast and furious workout. My favourite is high step challenge --- I do gasp for air a lot on that one. I can
recall cathe literally stopping to talk while doing crazy 8 with barbell --- So get ready lol:D:D
Rep range is light to moderate weight.

Here is an easy explanation of PHA Training + a clip

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/he.../what-is-peripheral-heart-action-training-pha

Giant sets are moderate to heavy.

Thanks Nathalie! That really helps!!

My order is in ! :)

I will sit this one out :) These workouts look similar to Cathe's other circuit dvd's, IMO! I am sure the new dvd's gonna be amazing. I have so many dvd's already I need to use first. Maybe I change my mind once I see/hear more details. I think the price is great!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.