Cathe's Cardio Tapes versus Firm's

Noooooo comparison

Cathe's tapes are in a totally different league from the Firm in terms of cardio intensity. Cathe's are much more intense,and the choreography in general is more complex. I don't use the Firm for cardio because it isn't enough of a challenge for me. But if you've never done step aerobics before, Cathe's videos are not the place to start. She assumes that you know the basics of form and safety already, since they are clearly marked for the advanced exerciser.

Have a great day!

Erin

I totally agree!

Cathe's cardio tapes are the absolute best workouts around. I have tried some of the Firm's cardios and there is no comparison. While some of them have their "tough" moments, it's not enough to keep me in my THR. In fact, I haven't done a Firm tape, period, since doing Cathe's series, and I don't miss them at all!

Michele

Agree w/ suggestion

Erin is correct. If you're looking for cardio workouts as a transition from the Firm to Cathe, you might check Video Fitness. I'm sure you could get some recommendations here too if you're a bit more detailed about what you're looking for. For stepping, Kathy Smith & Reebok (Gin Miller) have good transition tapes. Also, Cathe's wedding tape is generally considered a good intro to both her step & strength videos.

RE: Agree w/ suggestion

I agree with the previous posters, Cathe is much more intense for cardio. A good tape that is a nice transition from Firm to Cathe in terms of intensity is Kathy Smith step aerobics. It will keep you in a good target range and teach you some of the real basic steps. Plus it even has an abs section and short upper body toning. I used this tape for several months before making the leap to Cathe. Step Heat from Cathe is a great first tape also. It is not as long as some of her others, and she breaks stuff down really well. IT was my first Cathe tape, and it is still my favorite. Wedding tape is also a great one.
I agree, FIRM tapes, while fun and good for basic toning don't keep my heart in the target range.

I agree that The Firm cardio tapes aren't up there with Cathe's. However, they're great for days when you're not feeling really energetic or you're getting over an illness.

Funny, before I discovered Cathe, Firm tapes were the end all-- I used to take a 45 min walk on a low energy day..
Then AFTER discovering Cathe, I use my Firms as an alternate when I am not feeling like I can take on the world! Cathe has bumped up my fitness to the next level for sure!
Of course there are times when doing TT and /or Supersculpt, that I am challenged, and they also are great for my THR, but Cathe has overall done a great deal more for my endurance.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.