Cathe important question!!

britgirl

Cathlete
Hi Cathe hope to see you soon! I was unable to book a room at the Coronado because I have 5 in my family and they said I would need 2 rooms (not in my budget). So I booked us into a hotel about 10 mins from the Coronado. Would my family be able to come over throughout the weekend and use the pool and stuff and hang out ??? Thanks!!!! Teresa Lawson

Disney is pretty strict about allowing people into the resorts that are not staying there. My guess in "no".

How old are your kids? If any of them are young it shoudn't be a problem. Usually, any reasonable number of children under 18 will be accomadated without any problems. (A large group of adults is a different story)

I think you should call back and try again. They should bring in a cot if you don't have a sleeper sofa in your room (most of the Disney rooms do) I am very surprised that you were told this as we have been to Disney over 20 times with multiple party sizes and have never had this happen.

Not going on the road trip but I'm a huge Disney fan and we go most years. The rules about maximum of 4 in a room is built on fire regulations depending on the size of the room. This is set by the fire dept not Disney, therefore can not be changed. They will not allow a cot in the room for a fifth person but will do a crib if someone is under the age of 3. There are no sleep sofas in the value or moderate hotels, only in the deluxe hotels. Coronado is a moderate level hotel.

Disney is very strict about only swimming at the pool where you are staying.

I'm busy planning our Jan 2012 Disney family vacation today as the 2012 prices came out today.

Yes I tried everything begged pleaded but no way would they allow 5 people in a room. My kids are 12 9 and 7. I got us in the Riverside which will take 5 people however I am paying more per night. What I don't get is the Coronado rooms have 2 queen beds but will only allow 4 people per room yet the Riverside has 2 double beds and will allow 5 people. Does that make sense??? Anyway there was no arguing with the Disney folks so it is what it is. In spite of all the hassle I am soOOOOOO excited!!!

O yes!! I agree Port Orleans is wonderful! We stayed there for my birthday a couple years ago we had the best time :)
Tracy

Hi Teresa :)

I'm so sorry that I didn't see this until now but very thanksful that Laura and Ba0899 have been able to offer some great advice. Thanks Laura and Cab0899 :D

Can't wait to see you soon!
Cathe

Hi Cathe hope to see you soon! I was unable to book a room at the Coronado because I have 5 in my family and they said I would need 2 rooms (not in my budget). So I booked us into a hotel about 10 mins from the Coronado. Would my family be able to come over throughout the weekend and use the pool and stuff and hang out ??? Thanks!!!! Teresa Lawson

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.