Cathe Boxing Gloves vs 1# handweights

Debinmi

Cathlete
Hey Cathletes, if you have the Boxing Gloves....

What are the pros/cons of these verses using 1# handweights that have a thru-the-handle grip? For shadow-boxing I mean ... obviously there's a great advantage if using an actual heavy bag ...

TIA

I use my pink Everlast gloves mostly with my heavy bag, that’s the reason I got them
years ago. My gloves are 8oz., but I think Cathe’s are 12 or 16 oz.

If I want weight when doing shadow boxing workouts, I usually use my egg weights,
they work great. I have 1lb’s and even have the little flat 1/2lb. I love ‘em.

I also have another pair of boxing gloves made by Century and they look exactly
like the bigger boxing gloves, but they are just smaller and probably have no weight
to them and they work perfect for shadowing too. They are firm, but not as firm as
the bigger gloves. Got them from Dick’s several years ago. Also I have a pair of Piloxing weighted gloves. Piloxing is a combo of Pilates & boxing moves, but they are basically just regular weighted gloves. Just a regular fitness accessory store here! :)

I use my pink Everlast gloves mostly with my heavy bag, that’s the reason I got them
years ago. My gloves are 8oz., but I think Cathe’s are 12 or 16 oz.

If I want weight when doing shadow boxing workouts, I usually use my egg weights,
they work great. I have 1lb’s and even have the little flat 1/2lb. I love ‘em.

I also have another pair of boxing gloves made by Century and they look exactly
like the bigger boxing gloves, but they are just smaller and probably have no weight
to them and they work perfect for shadowing too. They are firm, but not as firm as
the bigger gloves. Got them from Dick’s several years ago. Also I have a pair of Piloxing weighted gloves. Piloxing is a combo of Pilates & boxing moves, but they are basically just regular weighted gloves. Just a regular fitness accessory store here! :)
I'm aware that KCM has egg weights listed as optional equipment in some of her workouts. I'm curious about these too - what makes them so popular?

what makes them so popular?
Gosh, I don’t know, except the fact that they just fit in your hands so good and they have
that little loop that you put your finger thru and no worries about dropping them, you
can like open close your hands to rest, etc. that’s where I got hooked on them….
I think I got both of mine from Egg Weight website, but I think Amazon has them,
or used to.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.