Cardio Fusion?

sharid

Cathlete
I am looking to add some new cardio to my workouts and am considering Cardio Fusion...any opinions on this one would be appreciated! Is it really complicated? The only other step workout of Cathe's I have is Low Max and I have done it a couple of times. It's a little complicated, but is a great workout and I am getting the hang of it! How does Cardio Fusion compare? Shari

I can do LowMax with no problem but Cardio Fusion was too much for me. It is a compilation of cardio from another series and if I remember correctly there is little or no breakdown. I would suggest Step Blast and/or Imax 2. Both of those DVDs also have cardio and weight workouts on them which I also like a lot.

Cardio Fusion is a complilation of Cathe's 2006 circuit series: Drill Max, Body Max 2, and Low Impact Circuit. (Butts and Gutts is not included since it's not a cardio workout). It starts off with the warm up from BM2 followed by the bonus cardio from BM2 which are all three combos put together with no breakdown--that's the only tricky part of the whole workout. You then go into the bonus cardio from LIC which is an easy step segment followed by a (choreographically) easy blast. (Not easy on the heart rate though!!!) You then go into the circuits from Body Max 2 which are very easy (choreography-wise) and you end with the 6 drills from Drill Max--which you should have no problem with.

I pull Cardio Fusion out all the time--much more often than the original circuit workouts from the series. It's fun, fun, fun and a total sweat-fest!!!

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Thanks for the info! Maybe if I work on getting the first part down, the rest wouldn't be too bad. Any thoughts on Imax 2 and Imax 3? I was also thinking about Kick, Punch and Crunch. I have Kick Max and like it a lot. Shari

>Thanks for the info! Maybe if I work on getting the first
>part down, the rest wouldn't be too bad. Any thoughts on Imax
>2 and Imax 3? I was also thinking about Kick, Punch and
>Crunch. I have Kick Max and like it a lot. Shari

Hi again!
Imax 2 is probably one of Cathe's best (and most popular) cardio workouts. If you do a search on the forum about it, you'll find hundreds of stellar reviews and opinions. I have it and love it but have done it a few too many times and have gotten a little bored with it. The choreography is very easy, the music is SOOOO fun and the blasts are killer. Imax 3 is great too, but a little too high impact for my knees. The choreography is also much trickier.
KPC is usually favored (by me and lots of others here) over KickMax. If you like Kick Max, you'll probably LOVE KPC. It's really fun and another great sweatfest.

Happy ordering!!! :)

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Hi Shari,

I got Cardio fusion before getting BM2. Like Allison said, the first combo is from BM2 and has no breakdown. It is tricky at first but after a while I was able to master do it. Give yourself time and you will be able to get it. It is worth it.

As for Imax 2 or 3, I have them via the Terminator and Hardcore exterme, so I do them as a compilation with other workouts. In choosing between the 2, it depends on the level on instensity you are looking for. To me, Imax 3 is much more intense than Imax 2. The intensity in Imax 3 is right there in the first blast wheras (for me at least!) it takes a little longer in Imax 2 to get into real tough blasts (sometimes, I just start with blast #10 and go back to the first ones after that). I know that a lot of people fond Imax 3 hard one the knees. If you find Imax 3 to intense, you might also consider Hardcore extreme. It has 3 workouts that combines parts of Imax 3, Low max and High step challenge. I often mix and match different cardio parts of these workouts depending on my level of energy. I do the same for the Terminator, which might be another option for you.

HTH
Nathalie :)

Thank you guys for that info. It is to hard to decide....there are so many choices. I have been considering The Terminator for a while...I have Boot Camp and love it, and especially love the bonus workout at that combines BC and ME. I am assuming the Terminator workouts are similar, but probably harder? I think I will get KPC for sure and am thinking about Body Max 2. If I mastered the coriography in that one then I wouldn't have so much trouble with Cardio Fusion. So much to think about! I think Cathe workouts are my new addiction! Shari

I jumped right into Cardio Fusion as one of my first Cathe workouts. I had done step before, but very basic step compared to this. Did I mention that I have two left feet and am the type of person who has to turn a map upside down to figure it out?? So, when I look at the TV, I get confused by which side of the bench they are on when they go back and forth, front to back. It was a mess at first, but I am also truly stubborn and determined }( Therefore, I wore out the rewind button on the DVD remote until I got it. Some bits were easy to catch on, some not so much - maybe it took me at least 5 run throughs to get it, but the next time I went back, I only had to rewind a few times, and it gets easier, and is definitely worth it because it is fun and gratifying as well to finally master it! For anybody new to this complicated step stuff, get one of the DVDs like Basic Step - wish I did that earlier! It is simple and not very demanding, but a good workout when you are not 100% and it will teach you what you need to know about step and the names of various moves. I love Cardio Fusion now and ha, ha, I BEAT IT!! :7 (This is not to say I don't have to stop and catch my breath during it - we are still fighting I guess!) I have Low Impact Step and like it, and will get Low Impact Circuit, but I would not buy Imax 3 simply because a full workout like that would cause my brain to explode. Have you considered Drill Max?

Get Cardio Fusion!! Yes, there is minimal breakdown, but Cathe is such an amazing cue-er (is that a word?!) that you'll pick it up in no time,. The workout is nonstop cardio. I did it yesterday and gave myself a pat on the back for making it through the squat thrusts at the very end. What a great feeling, and what a way to start a day. Don't sell yourself short - you can do this!

Beth

Thanks for the encouragement! I went ahead and ordered Terminator and KPC, (along with my preorder for STS) but have Cardio Fusion, BM2 and Drill Max on my list for my next order. Have to pace myself!:) I did low max again this morning and I can almost do it right! I also have two left feet and have trouble keeping track of what side of the step I am supposed to be on! I look forward to getting more step workouts, and am stubborn enough I am sure I will master them eventually. It's so nice to have opinions from others who have done them. I am finding that you really can't go wrong with Cathe's workouts....I LOVE all of the ones I have so far! Shari

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.