can anybody get into VF? (virgin tape day)

susan p2

Sometimes I can get in, it is just very, very slow. Today though, I can't get in at all, keep getting timed out.

I wanted to report that I did my virgin tape for virgin tape day! It is my first workout since my bath mat debacle last Thursday (I fell in the tub, well, in and out, with one foot in I slipped, did the splits which I normally just CAN'T do, LOL!, twisted my knee). I did the Firm's Tough Cardio Mix since it is mostly low impact and was also fresh from WalMart for 9.96. I worked up a light sweat without too much exertion, it was a good first day back, and followed with the first three sections (25 minutes) of Autonomy Stretch.

Did any other VFers do a virgin tape today?

I can get in, but it's been horribly slow all day (I rolled 6 balls of yarn and worked on an afghan while waiting for threads to load, all 30 of them).

Yes to the Virgin tape! I did my brand new Super Sculpting from the Firm sale. I can see why everyone was raving about this series. SCardio is supposed to be even better, right? It's coming up in my rotation next week, I think.

I think I'm going to finally make myself do Total Yoga before bed. I've never made it past the first 10 minutes, so I think it still gets virgin tape status. Oh, and I did part of Precision Toning as my double abs workout, and that would probably classify as a dust bunny, so I hit both categories in one day.

I can get into VF, but...

only real early in the morning. The rest of the time it is slow and locks up after about the 3rd time I read a post. WWWendy said she was trying to get it rebooted before the long holiday...guess that didn't happen!:-(

My virgin tape for the day was Bryan Kest's Vol 1:Energize. I have been away from yoga for so long that I could only finish 25 minutes. Then my DH did Cathe's CTX planks with me. Ha!, does he ever feel those tonight! I also did a dust bunny today, Kathy Smith's Step W/O.

Susan, I'm glad to hear you recovered so nicely! Happy New Year!!

RE: I can get into VF, but...

It was so slow I timed out while trying to read about your bath mat story! So I still don't know what happened...will try to have a look when the forum is up and working, because it sounds interesting.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having trouble getting in, honestly I thought something was set wrong on MY computer.

Sophie

praying they reboot today!

Hi Susan, it figures that it would need a reboot on a long weekend. I don't know what is worse...how slow it is and the inability to get in..or the sad little vidiot (ME!) who sits there waiting and hoping it loads LOL!

I managed to tackle Stepping Zone yesterday as my virgin tape...and had a pretty good time with it. Topped it off with a little Cathe at the end..just to start the year off right.

Glad to see your knee is better:)

http://publish.hometown.aol.com/naconfer/images/brrrwchick.jpg http://members.aol.com/naconfer/images/smfitnut2.jpg

here's the scoop, Sophie!

Here is the bath mat post. I kinda like it! I guess suffering brings out the creative genius in me. hehe.

My bath mat slipped
with me upon it
it hurt so bad
I knew I'd done it!

With one leg in
and one leg out
I did a split!
A twist, a shout!

Now I'm a gorgeous
black and blue
with shades of green
and purple, too.

And all my New Year's
resolutions
Now will need
reconstitutions.

My dear left knee,
so special to me
is being RICEd
(the mat says "sue me!")

And just when I need
sympathy
the VF server
abandons me.

But I need hugs
and pats, and oooohs;
and so, to wait
is what I choose.

In hopes that someone dear,
somewhere
About this accident
might care.

And send me vibes
of sympathy clear
to comfort me
as I sit here,

Pathetically,
upon my chair
Awaiting posts
from those who care.

:-(

That happened last Thursday (didn't post till Sunday because I was out of town), and yesterday my knee seemed much better, the only thing that gave me twinges were side-step kinda things (it was the outside of my knee that got hurt).

RE: here's the scoop, Sophie!

OMG!

You just about made me blow coffee out my nose!!

I'm glad things seem to be doing better and you were able to see the humour in it. Immediete and aggressice RICEing works wonders, doesn't it? A little Tensor bandage always seems to help, too. Sounds like you will be back in the game soon. It's been a long time since I wrenched a knee (I think I've wrenched/twisted/smashed every joint in my body at some point!) but I remember it was not fun.

btw - you're not the same SusanP who was demanding fudge recipes on the Firm forum, are you? :p

RE: here's the scoop, Sophie!

who, ME???

Demanding WHAT??

She ducks her head. . . . She digs her toe in the dirt. . . She tries her cutest "I'm innocent" look. . . .

But yeah, that was me. Sad but true. LOL!

(I'm cyber-savvy! I know where on the web to look for a good fudge recipe! Go to the FITNESS forums, yeah right, there's the place.)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.