Anyone doing "Shovel Max" today?

Drats! We had another 2 inches of snow this morning - easy enough to shovel tho. The current snowflakes are melting as they touch. But the forecasters are still predicting a "high impact event" for Friday-Saturday with 10-14 inches predicted for our area plus strong artic winds ... a combination for a power outage. But we have water stored. Our main grocery store was packed this morning with people stocking up. We have pulled pork in the slow cooker now; have lots of salad fixings in the fridge; boiled some eggs; am roasting some nuts now. Tomorrow we'll boil water and put in thermos for hot/warm tea. Flashlights, laterns, phones, tablets are all charged up, extra batteries freshly purchased. Sometimes I think we should invest in a generator, but not sure the cost/benefit ratio is worth the few times we're without power. But it could get dang cold over the weekend! Hope everyone gets thru these storms alright! :)
very similar here, weekend forecast. We don’t prepare as well as you do, though. you’re totally on it! I admire your readiness.

Agua girl, yours was lost, not showing up, and you’d paid for express. you were frustrated, and rightly so. Maybe you think you could have toned it down, but you certainly had to speak up
Thank you for being so kind & understanding….:). Yes, I never received the first one…
and I knew something was wrong when it didn’t get scanned as accepted by the PO,
even tho there was the first scan that it had been picked up at Cathe’s, but I believe
that scan was from a list of numbers and not the individual package, Oh well, I got
the second one and these last ones came “worry-free”. :)

Just back to add that honestly I can say that was the first time in my life that I didn’t receive something I ordered (talking about the first one). And believe me, over the years, I have ordered plenty from all over the place! :)

Just back to add that honestly I can say that was the first time in my life that I didn’t receive something I ordered (talking about the first one). And believe me, over the years, I have ordered plenty from all over the place! :)
You're lucky! We've had a few packages from Walmart and Amazon not show up - they both made it right eventually. We've also had packages delivered to different neighbors by accident by the delivery services - the neighbors usually deliver them, eventually. We've received packages that weren't ours - that can be a problem to get the delivery service and/or original company to come get it & deliver to the correct address - USPS is easiest as I just leave it in the mailbox. One time a delivery service of a "lost" package insisted he handed the package directly to me, the "receptionist" - i had to explain this is a home, not a business - no receptionist on staff ...lol. Mistakes happen. Considering all the online shopping people do, it's amazing most packages reach the correct destination, on time.

You're lucky! We've had a few packages from Walmart and Amazon not show up - they both made it right eventually. We've also had packages delivered to different neighbors by accident by the delivery services - the neighbors usually deliver them, eventually. We've received packages that weren't ours - that can be a problem to get the delivery service and/or original company to come get it & deliver to the correct address - USPS is easiest as I just leave it in the mailbox. One time a delivery service of a "lost" package insisted he handed the package directly to me, the "receptionist" - i had to explain this is a home, not a business - no receptionist on staff ...lol. Mistakes happen. Considering all the online shopping people do, it's amazing most packages reach the correct destination, on time.
I'm dealing with the same thing right now. Last week, FedEx mis-delivered a package to my door. I contacted them through their website the day of to report it. I got their auto chat bot that took down all the info, said to keep the package in a secure place, and that I'd be contacted within 2 days. A week later, I still have this poor person's package. I called FedEx and talked to a human this time after 5 days had passed and they confirmed they've still got my ticket and they "elevated" it. Still nothing. It's like they don't give a damn. I feel sorry for the person who paid overnight fees to get their package. I'm sure by now the place they ordered from have addressed the issue, but FedEx is now making me have to watch over this damn package until they deem it's worth their time and effort to have someone pick it up.

It's not just the American delivery services. I have issues all the time here in New Zealand. Not so much with lost packages but with where the drivers leave the packages. I put on my packages to deliver to the front door. I get packages left under the letterbox at the top of my driveway where it isn't secure. Luckily, I haven't had anything stolen yet. Yesterday, the guy drove down the driveway and left my package at the bottom of the stairs next to my rubbish bins. It is a single flight of 13 steps to my front door and it wasn't a heavy package, less than 5lbs. I've also had email alerts to say my package is on board with the delivery driver only to have him drive around for 2-3 days with my package before finally delivering it when I rang up the company and complained. This has happened a few times with the same company and driver. I've had one package lost and the item was replaced, and another one delivered to the wrong address, which was never recovered. The company had to give me a refund as they didn't have any more stock of the item. While my neighbors were away, and I was collecting their mail, they had a package delivered and left out on their deck fully exposed to the rain. Their front door area is fully covered. All the driver had to do was turn to their left and walk about 6 paces to the covered area. I was able to move it under cover before it got too wet.

However, we do have one company that has a truly awesome driver. He's been with them for years, unlike the others that tend to change drivers all the time. He always delivers to the door, is friendly, and if the package is heavy, he will actually hand it over to me, so I don't have to pick it up off the ground. If I am given the choice of delivery company when I am purchasing online, I always choose his company. :)

.... I have issues all the time here in New Zealand. Not so much with lost packages but with where the drivers leave the packages. I put on my packages to deliver to the front door....
I also request delivery to our covered front porch ... even have a table there for packages & most drivers place the packages there. However, I've found packages leaned up against my garage door which could easily be driven over when backing out! The worst was a package thrown from the delivery vehicle to the bottom of our mailbox (we're rural, so that's down by the road, 300 feet away) in a soaking rain - I made a complaint that time - the package was a cardboard box and it was soaked through and falling apart - that thankfully only happened once. If I'm home, I try to greet the delivery person as I think friendly personal contact with regulars goes a long way to good customer service.

Well, looks like we're gonna half ass start to dig out from the 9 inches that fell if the wind dies down. Got a total of 15 inches of snow this week , but the winds are still over 20MPH right now so trying to move snow is useless when it's just gonna blow right back.
Is it spring yet?

We got 9 inches also. Is taking twice as long to shovel than earlier this week - only have the front apron & turn-around done - we're running out of room to place the snow. Tomorrow lake-effect snow is expected but we're further inland so hopefully we won't get much more. Thankfully these storms aren't common. We lost power but it was only during the night so we're good at the moment. Take care all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.