Any Bryan Kest fans?

kellib

Cathlete
I have his Power Yoga 1-2-3 vhs tapes and am looking to expand my collection...I was browsing his site and see a couple others available now (and to my surprise, a much shorter haired Bryan!) Anybody have recommendations?

Also - I know I've asked this before....any other power yoga/advanced yoga dvd's that you would recommend besides Bryan? Similar intensity, etc.

Thanks!!!!

oooooooohhhh here i am LOL. i love his workouts. i would defiently get the power yoga weight loss. the intesive body sculpt is very similar to the tone workout in his 1-2-3 collection. but power weight loss is very intersting. it moves in and out of a pose five times then you hold the pose for 5 breathes. lots of lunges and power moves and as always ends with a killer teaser hold for the abs, but this does the in/out pose then holds it which burns. he does chatter a bit in this one but i have learned to tune it out and just hear the cues.

i haven't tried any other power yoga workouts but i do like yoga complete for everybody b/c it has a ton of workouts but its not power yoga its more slow paced. i like to mix it up. but the same company that puts this dvd out also has power yoga for everyone. i haven't tried it but maybe somebody here might be able to chime in on it. i also have yoga complete for athletes. this one is like power yoga but its not. it doesnt move fast but you hold the poses which puts a burn in the legs and abs. all these workouts have about 30-45 combos on the dvd, varying in length,fitness level, and specific need(i like that fact on yoga for everybody there is a practice for that T.O.M.)

hope this gave you some idea

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

I love Bryan Kest, in fact I have been to two of his workshops. Yes, he did cut his hair but he is still one sexy guy.(LOL) I like is yoga for weight loss video and his intensive body sculpting. If you want new power yoga instructors I would go with Baron Baptiste. He has some really good workout and definitley challenging. I also love sonic yoga. They have a website and I believe it is sonicyoga.com. These are wonderful challenging pure power yoga. It is hard to beat Bryan though. Good Luck!

Susan

I have stress fracture in my right foot. My doc asked me to have cast for two weeks. But I don't want to sit there for so long since I have another 20lbs to lose. Since you have Bryan kest videos, could you let me know if it is approprite for me to use it? Any modification can be done so that I don't put pressures on my right foot? Or if you have any suggestions for other workouts? Also, where did you get your Bryan Kest videos? Are they dvds? I can only play dvds since my vcr broke.

Thanks

WantFit

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ddw98/my_photos

since alot of poses require leg strength alot of weight would be on your foot so i am not sure if you could do this type of yoga. they have his dvds at collegevideo.com some seated yoga might be for you but i am not sure if they make just seated yoga videos.its usually a mix of both.

kassia

I picked up his Power Yoga 1 and 2 for $0.50 in a closeout store. The tapes are so tough!!!. I don't know how those people get into some of those positions. I think I am pretty flexable.

just keep working with it you will be surprised how much easier it becomes and then maybe you can get tape 3. i haven't done the workout but saw that he does some inverted moves like shoulder stands and stuff. i can do shoulder stands but that is about it for now with me. not ready for handstands,wheels,and all that. i am lucky for the times i can get into bow pose without pulling a butt muscle LOL

kassia

The cast in the series are human rubber bands, they are truly amazing. I don't practice enough, maybe once a week, if I am lucky. I was trying to do Patricia Waldens PM yoga every night before bed. But my kids are alway yelling and jumping around, so I find it less than peaceful. I have been trying to put on Yoga kids for them before dinner. We have done it a couple of times and my older daughter (7) seems to like it.

Another BK lover weighing in! :) I have the Energize, Tone, and Sweat DVD and just love it (AND his hair, lol) and have the PY for Weight Loss and it's very good also, but not in the same league, IMHO (and he's without his hair in this one, lol). I would LOVE to go to one of his workshops (Susan, I'm soooo jealous, lol). Baron Baptiste's stuff is good, as someone else already mentioned, and so is Eoin Finn (Power Yoga for Happiness is fantastic). There are so many good ones out there (my yoga DVD collection is growing, probably way too fast, lol). Others in my collection I use a lot are Rodney Yee (lots of his stuff), Shiva Rea (Yoga Shakti, fantastic), Rainbeau Mars, Erich Schiffmann (Backyard Beginners, which is fantastic), Total Yoga Flow Series (particularly Fire), and others, but I don't want to write a book here! LOL I've grown to love yoga and find myself having to do it every day after my cardio or weights.

Yes!!! I love the Power Yoga DVD. I had it on VHS and not long ago saw it on Amazon.com for $13. So, I got it on DVD. I didn't get any of the new ones because of the reviews on Amazon.

I know that probably doesn't help what you asked.

Dallas:)

I have been a big Bryan Kest fan for a while now. I like to suppliment his videos with Cathe's. I wish he would let his hair grow again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.