Who cares in October?

Hi all! Sorry to be missing, just work, DS’s Birthday, football, etc. have been working out. Upper body, barre mat, and just did a walking workout in my boot.

Jody, did you have fun? Looks so beautiful! You and Ronne look almost like sisters! So beautiful! Sorry you are back on the treadmill, so to speak.

Ronne, how fun with friends. Love a good evening of friends, conversations and laughs!

Ahhh, where is everyone else? I wasn’t the only missing person! Have to shower and get some paperwork to the school. Accreditation committee is coming through and if they don’t have proof of my flu shot I hate to see what could happen! Mary

I'm here it's just that everytime I go to post something comes up! Let's see I don't know where I left off but Thursday Friday cycling with DH Saturday was a rest day cuz I was dog tired, I had slept 11 hours at night that's how tired I was. Sunday was upper-body weights the ice chiseled upper body. Monday and Tuesday it's been gorgeous fall weather may be a bit windy DH and I've been cycling. Tomorrow is a massage I think I deserve it!

Now on to the personals and of course I've already forgotten everything. I'm just dictating into my phone instead of typing it's so much easier for me. Murphy you asked if my helmet was helping and I think it is! Between a lighter helmet and a little Valium each night it's helping and when I say a little Valium I mean a little something like 1.25 mg. Jody glad you enjoyed your trip, sounds like you're already too turn English on us. Ronnie love seeing the picture of you! Mary, it's amazing how the day always seems to get away, even when retired although 3-hour bike rides isn't helping! Not sure if I missed anybody or if you even my personals was personal enough because honestly I forgot what I read.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Hi fit babes! I wasn't able to get here last week 'cause I was crazy busy, I don't know why things get like that and then this week is quiet!

Mary, I am SO sorry you broke your ankle! But I must say that you are a rock star getting your workouts in! You are definitely an inspiration. And how exciting about what your kids are getting to experience--you must be so proud!

Congratulations for soon to be grandchild No. 5 Roxie! Did you order KCM's new workouts? Are they for sale on her website?

Wow Ronne! 800 songs! That's terrible! I haven't bothered to put my cds on ITunes, guess I'm old school that way. But I burn cds of all new music I get from ITunes because I don't completely trust it. I'm glad you are having nice autumn weather, it's been beautiful for us this year. But October is the month our weather usually turns wet and we're going to get clobbered this week with rain. So no more outdoor projects for us till next year! (I seriously don't think those will ever end....) That is so cool that you and Jody met up! You look like you are the same height in your photo and you're both beautiful! That was a really nice surprise you gave DH for his birthday, you are very sweet!

Lisa, you crack me up! My doctor better gimme my anti-depressant, cholesterol, thyroid and bone density medication! (I don't get any fun stuff. I recently changed my anti-depressant and it hasn't been a picnic! :p) I am glad your new helmet is helping but I really don't know what you can do about that big brain of yours! I laughed again when you said you forgot everything you read--I again took notes 'cause I'm a lost cause in that Dept.! Is DH all better now from his root canals? I know what you mean about wanting to enjoy your nice autumn weather while you've got it--DH nd I were able to do some of that this past weekend, and also worked our butts off in the yard!

Hi Murphy! I haven't started the Oct. rotation but intend to someday! Work keeps messing with my workout plans...I have to be out of the office for a day or 2 each week of this month and it's going to be a lost cause this Friday and Monday. Why? Because everything has to be taken out of my office to paint the walls. Ug! And as everyone here has said, abs DO count for something! Every bit of physical activity matters for your health!

Hi Jody! Great picture of you and Ronne! We'll be here when you get caught up at home so don't push yourself. Oh! I see you already did by doing a workout! Was it one of your co-workers who won't workout because it may lead to an injury? I don't understand that one--I can't live my life by what ifs--I wouldn't have any fun at all! And...keep staying British my friend!

I think I already wrote that I haven't done a lot this week but yardwork and I don't remember what I did last week! Got in FTA Total Body and Bonus Abs and it made me feel great physically and helped my mental disposition. I get grumpy if I miss too many workouts!

Have an awesome rest of your week sweet ladies! Tracy

Hi everyone

Jody - glad you're keeping the holiday mood going!

Mary - sounds like you're keeping up with the workouts despite the ankle. Very impressive!

Lisa - cool, dictating everything. Enjoy your massage.

Tracy - sounds like you've been busy. Don't stress too much about the lack of workouts. We all go through periods like that. Hope your weather isn't too horrible yet. Temperature's finally starting to drop a bit here. DH is off work ill so we've got the heating on during the day - very unusual!

Did a CrossFire premix yesterday plus abs and today was yoga again. There's another yoga challenge starting in November so I might do that. Not decided yet.

Hi fit babes! I wasn't able to get here last week 'cause I was crazy busy, I don't know why things get like that and then this week is quiet!

Mary, I am SO sorry you broke your ankle! But I must say that you are a rock star getting your workouts in! You are definitely an inspiration. And how exciting about what your kids are getting to experience--you must be so proud!

Congratulations for soon to be grandchild No. 5 Roxie! Did you order KCM's new workouts? Are they for sale on her website?

Wow Ronne! 800 songs! That's terrible! I haven't bothered to put my cds on ITunes, guess I'm old school that way. But I burn cds of all new music I get from ITunes because I don't completely trust it. I'm glad you are having nice autumn weather, it's been beautiful for us this year. But October is the month our weather usually turns wet and we're going to get clobbered this week with rain. So no more outdoor projects for us till next year! (I seriously don't think those will ever end....) That is so cool that you and Jody met up! You look like you are the same height in your photo and you're both beautiful! That was a really nice surprise you gave DH for his birthday, you are very sweet!

Lisa, you crack me up! My doctor better gimme my anti-depressant, cholesterol, thyroid and bone density medication! (I don't get any fun stuff. I recently changed my anti-depressant and it hasn't been a picnic! :p) I am glad your new helmet is helping but I really don't know what you can do about that big brain of yours! I laughed again when you said you forgot everything you read--I again took notes 'cause I'm a lost cause in that Dept.! Is DH all better now from his root canals? I know what you mean about wanting to enjoy your nice autumn weather while you've got it--DH nd I were able to do some of that this past weekend, and also worked our butts off in the yard!

Hi Murphy! I haven't started the Oct. rotation but intend to someday! Work keeps messing with my workout plans...I have to be out of the office for a day or 2 each week of this month and it's going to be a lost cause this Friday and Monday. Why? Because everything has to be taken out of my office to paint the walls. Ug! And as everyone here has said, abs DO count for something! Every bit of physical activity matters for your health!

Hi Jody! Great picture of you and Ronne! We'll be here when you get caught up at home so don't push yourself. Oh! I see you already did by doing a workout! Was it one of your co-workers who won't workout because it may lead to an injury? I don't understand that one--I can't live my life by what ifs--I wouldn't have any fun at all! And...keep staying British my friend!

I think I already wrote that I haven't done a lot this week but yardwork and I don't remember what I did last week! Got in FTA Total Body and Bonus Abs and it made me feel great physically and helped my mental disposition. I get grumpy if I miss too many workouts!

Have an awesome rest of your week sweet ladies! Tracy

Yes I ordered and they are available for pre-sale on coffeyfit.com

Hi I did a MM UB premix yesterday (Ronne must have been in my head) and today was LBB. I haven't done LBB in some time. Wasn't too bad - especially when you skip stuff, modify here, etc. :)

Ronne - is the music in the ITunes cloud?
Mary - how are you feeling? Managing?
Jody - you're in the picture with Ronne? Whose Who?

Murphy

Hello

Murphy - no it wasn't, a lot of it was from my own CDs. Some of which I've cleared out. Jody's on the left.

Got an oldie out today: Tracey Staehle's Strikezone. Surprised how much I sweated and how much I enjoyed it! I've decided it's time for a clear out. I'm going to try out some of my older DVDs and chuck any I don't want anymore.

Hello! Today modified the heck out of a Cathe live boxing workout! Yesterday did an upper body. Just needed to move!

Ronne, I need to clear out my shelves too. I find I don’t use them. They are like old friends tho.

Roxie, KCM’s new ones look good!

Lisa, 3 hour bike ride! That is a huge chunk of your day! You must find so much joy in it it’s not a chore for you.

Jody, did your body adjust to the time difference yet? I can hardly wait to see all your pics.

Tracey, do you have to travel every week for work? Like overnight? Sometimes that looks so fun to me, then others, I just love my own bed!

Murphy, what are your kids going to be for Halloween? Have they decided?

Work tomorrow, football Friday night and Saturday, so I will see you all Sunday or Monday! Have a good weekend! Mary

Hello

Mary - I'm tempted by the new KCMs, they sound interesting. I really do need to create some space though! Have a nice weekend.

Did a KCM today: Shape Up. Not too hard. No great plans this weekend. Probably have a bit of a workout break.

Hi all. Massage was good but left me sore so spent the rest of the day on the heating pad and reading. Found myself waking up and the kindle off, whoops! Bike ride with dh Thursday and now his work is starting up again, so just a dog walk today. I was beat anyway. No big plans this weekend. Neighbor gets back from vacation next week hopefully we’ll be able to resume riding. At least I’m not as worn out when riding with her!

Murphy, you crack me up, modifying then saying how it wasn’t too bad when you skip or replace stuff. Sounds about like me.

Mary, are you counting down until the boot comes off, it gets irritating I’m sure, actually I’ve kinda been there!

Tracy, I even forget the story plots of books after I read them. I just recommended a book to my friend, by the time she finishes it she’ll want to talk about it and I won’t remember a thing! The book was The Wonder by Emma Donoghue.

Ronne, hope dh is better by now. Our heats been on for a while, once in awhile at night it kicks in. We set the thermostat really low, 63! It’s a dry cold (kinda like it’s a dry heat).

Jody, are you back down in the real world?

So mammo results were inconclusive in right, they want more views and possibly ultrasound. I’m irritated as this has happened before and $500 later, it wasn’t anything. Called insurance to see what I’d have to pay and it would be 10%. I think it shouldn’t cost, we had same type of insurance last time so I’m sure payment will be same. Dr called I told her I’m not pursuing anything as it’s the same song, different verse. She respected my decision and said more and more women are choosing same option. Will recheck in a year and they better get a good enough picture! They are cya themselves since they aren’t sure. I’m honestly not sold on mammo, all it’s caused me is grief. First time this happened I freaked out, now it’s like, oh again? And then to hear from dr that more and more women are doing this. What’s the effectiveness? More money for someone. Rant over. Again this is me, I know where my body weaknesses are and this isn’t one and has little value to me. Ok rant really over now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is still so much to catch up on! Mary, I just read the Italy news that is so awesome! I'm so happy for those kids!! Speaking of travel, I just saw 382 dollar flight to London, I'm so tempted to jump on it and finish up the important to me stuff I missed (Natl Gallery, more Brit Museum and more mooching about and a show)! Re pic- we are Cathlete Sisters, : ). YES, go see Ronne and London if you get a chance!!

Lisa, I hear you on the mammo issue. According to some of my reading (Mercola, etc) they are finding ductal insitu which would rarely become anything, also gyn prof org not recommending the testing but the radiology org ($ makers) does- stuff like that. Definitely things to consider and also something that will rattle your cage, regardless of outcome. If I go for a cycle today I'll be thinking of you.

Ronne, I should purge as well. It would involve me getting rid of systems I never even went through once. Rachel Cosgrove- Drop 2 sizes. Body Beast. Les Mills Pump. Mostly I have all the Cathe library, I won't get rid of those anytime soon. LOL, I'll be 80 and still thinking I'll do STS someday.

Murphy, yep, a lot of the workouts are much more manageable once you skip half of them! : D

Tracy, I like the FTA workouts. Not the leg one, too Barre-y for me, but the others. I'm also using my tower more when I modify other workouts for dips, push ups and balance support on one sided stuff. Good job on Yard Max. I just have a little patio nowadays. Even that I paid for landscapers to do a big clean out for me recently since it was overgrown and they are replacing our fences. I lost a lot of screen and privacy. My "workout is bad for you friend" is just being jokey since she drinks a lot and is overweight and out of shape.

Roxie are you guys done w/ the boat for the season? Is it still convenient in your new home to go?

My workouts were Intensity series based lately- BC before London, CW last week, IMAX 2 sections 1-7 and yesterday ME. Plus a lot of house cleaning. A LOT! I'm off all weekend but at loose ends since DD has car and is away babysitting. I am getting stuff done at home and had a fun extravagant lunch w/ a friend on Friday. We went to a French Bistro and had cocktails lunch a crepe special coffees and Frangelica! Not good for my diet but it was a good time. Also, re diet, I lost a few pounds while I was gone. Traveling w/ dd who doesn't eat much and doesn't like a lot of food contributed to that. Last day at Gatwick airport we circled the airport restaurants (all w/in one area- at least 8) for lunch before flight. Me at every spot, yum, I'd like to eat everything here. DD only found cheeseburger she was interested in and settled the restaurant with the least expensive one cuz she's frugal as well as limited tastebuds! :D,
also Oprah and Deepak have a new meditation experience coming up on Oct 30 if anyone's been interested in those.

Last edited:
Good Evening,

I did KCM’s Body Design Yoga Flow tonight. We spent the day with oldest DD her boys and my mom today. We wanted to see what kind of gas mileage my new car gets and how comfortable it would be on long drives and with two cars seats in the backseat there was still room for one adult. I canceled my pre-order of Cathe’s workouts just going to stick with KCM’s new set.

Mary-we plan on taking the boat out one more time if its not windy.

Good Morning,

I did KCM Body Design Cardio Bootcamp/Light Dumbbell Cardio Sculpting Premix this morning. I am going to play around with this dvd this week I have done anything but Yoga Flow from it.

Happy Monday! How is everyone? Have been modifying everything to low impact, working so far.

Lisa, I understand your decision. They cause so much stress. I don’t understand why insurance doesn’t cover the follow up? It should all be covered.

Roxie, her new ones do look good. Dang, she looks good!

Jody, you must have loved London! I have to start researching everything. How amazing it is to meet everyone live and in person!

Ronne, what fun did you get into this weekend?
Tracey, where are you?

Off work until Friday, I’m going to clean out the kids dressers, that should be a chore! Good day to all! Mary

Hello! Today did an upper body workout. Hope everyone is well, cleaned and the boy’s closets yesterday, today hitting DD’s. I peeked yesterday, doesn’t look good.....

Good day to all! Mary

Jody, sounds like you had a wonderful time on your vacation!

Mary, I feel like a slug compared to you, I still have yet to clean out youngest DS room and dare I say he’s now 25.? So if he went to college at age 18 how many years has it been? I’ll probably wear the slug banner maybe that’s what happens when you have too much room in your house

I cycled with my neighbor yesterday 20 miles, I really didn’t want to go it was cloudy, cold, windy with all that the temperature was 35. But she insisted so I went and it wasn’t so bad. Today did another 22 miles with DH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all, Mon I did BC premix again and a short bike to store for some grocery. Yesterday work = 9.5K steps. I had ER and patients in 3 other areas and ended up unmanageably busy in the afternoon. So- on Monday aft I had a new handyman guy come for repair. Good news he seems to be very skilled and prob can fix a leak and drywall issue under my upstairs bath! He is also a 911 govt conspiracy Roswell govt mind controlling from space reptilians are controlling the planet guy who was a little overwhelming. o_O I'm usually all in when it comes to conspiracy and paranoia but this was beyond my comfort zone!:D
Lisa, that is good that you ended up enjoying the neighbor ride anyway. How many different basic routes do you choose from? What drives the choice? Miles desired or time anticipated or view, etc?
Mary, good luck w/ the closet and well done on the boys' areas. What kind of stuff do you get rid of? Lisa, what could possibly be left over from 7 years?
Roxie, are you going on a road trip w/ the kiddos then? I feel bad for kids stuck in car seats, traveling with little ones can be tough on everyone.
Waves to all~~
ps just walked outside and was hit by an unexpected massive wave of freezing cold aka 70f 21C
PSS, adding my workout PUB upper and abs.

Last edited:
Hello, today did a Julia workout, went to a ankle brace instead of the boot, should be better all around!

Jody, that’s a lot of territory to cover, sometimes I think they could use a therapist in the ER all the time. Depends on the season of course. Handyman sounds a bit scary! Don’t get too friendly or you could have someone who will never leave! Lol!

Lisa, well I have let it go a few years, I found clothes from grade school, no money sadly. I was hoping in some of the envelopes I found there would be something, only quarters tho.
You biked in 30 degree temperatures! How cold were you?

How’s everyone else? Today I’m washin all the bed linens, I’ll keep the washer and dryer going all day, have a good day, Mary

Good Evening,

I did KCM Body Design Upper Body this morning and was going to do the lower body after we got home from the lake but it was to late.

Jody-we just took them on a short trip and they slept on the way home. I don’t like putting them in car seats either the oldest is just in a booster.

Good morning! Today did a circuit workout.

Roxie, you are still able to go on the lake? That’s amazing this time of year.

Finally chilly here and I’m loving it! Took me about 10 hours to do all the linens, now have to put everything back together! Work and football tomorrow, college football Saturday and a marching band concert Sunday, then long day at work Monday and Tuesday. Phew! I will see you all next week! Have a good one! Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.