Cathe, need advice for video

RachelD

First I want to say that you are awesome!!!! It is people like you who really make a difference in others lives. Thank you for your time and encouragement....

I need your advice on a rotation, please. I recently gave birth to my 3rd child and I am in desperate need of toning. I bought the Basic Step DVD and love it. I saw the beginner rotation that you posted and I am following that now. The upper and lower body workout is a real kicker. I was sore a couple of days after doing each and I used no weights for lower. When I say I am a beginner,,whew I mean it. :7

What video would you recommend after the Basic Step DVD for a wimp like me? :)

Also, how long do you think it will take before seeing results. I am currently breastfeeding so I can't cut out too many calories. I am 2 pounds from prepregnancy weight, however I gained 15lbs before I got pregnant. I want to lose about 10 pounds and really tone up.

Sorry for such a long post.

I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!!!! It means alot to me :)

Thank you,
Rachel

Cathe, I just got back from my doc and was told that my triglycerides and cholesterol was way high and that I really needed to do something. I am only 27, I should not be having these problems.

Can you help me with the first post as far as exercise

Thanks
Rachel

Hi Rachel,i'm not Cathe but i have 2 recomendations,try the How to get in shape for your Wedding video,its only on vhs not dvd ,it has a step workout and a total body strength workout it is an older tape but still very good for newbies.Also the High step circiut dvd is great for beginers but make sure you get the high step circuit not the high step training because that is for advanced exercisers.You can see clips of these just by clicking on the video clips thing at the top of the page and selecting what one you want to see,hope this helps.
Mrsscififanec

Mrsscififanec,

Thanks for your help. I am looking forward to getting shape and feeling good about myself. I really need to do something about my diet as well.

Rachel,

Did your doctor give you an eating plan/advice on what to stay away from? Were you fasting befor you got your blood tested?

Exercise will improve your cholesterol numbers, cardiovascular activity increases your HDL (good cholesterol) but diet is key. Start educating yourself on eating healthy. Limit refined foods and don't eat anything that has been deep fried. The Sugarbusters diet and South Beach should be a healthy eating plan.

Good luck and be healthy,
Lori

Hi Lori,

He gave me a referral for a nutritionist. I did not fast for my bloodwork. I have been reading some on the low glycemic index and it sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for your help

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

If you did not fast for your bloodwork then it is not a valid reading. You still may have high cholesterol but maybe not.

I think it would be in your best interest to tell your MD that it was not a fasting test. I remember when I was 17 I went to the MD for leg pain and he did bloodwork, he called me back into the office to notify me my cholesterol was 201. I redid a new test fasting and it was 141. The food you ate that morning affects the reading.

Just my opinion, best wishes,
Lori

Hi Rachel,i'm not Cathe but i have 2 recomendations,try the How to get in shape for your Wedding video,its only on vhs not dvd ,it has a step workout and a total body strength workout it is an older tape but still very good for newbies.Also the High step circiut dvd is great for beginers but make sure you get the high step circuit not the high step training because that is for advanced exercisers.You can see clips of these just by clicking on the video clips thing at the top of the page and selecting what one you want to see,hope this helps.
Mrsscififanec
Hi i just wanted to mention it’s impossible to find the ‘how to get in shape for your wedding’ video. If anyone knows where to get a copy please let me know,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.