Streaming problems

juliehasler

I stream my video's through Cathe OnDemand and lately in the middle of watching them they "skip." Or pause in the middle, then start, then pause.... very frustrating. Is anyone else having this problem have any ideas on how to fix? Thank you!

I've had issues like that and mine always has to do with my internet. Esp. with using a laptop, my internet speed will change and then my video skips or stops all together. I never use high quality just for that reason. My speed is high enough but I don't like to take a chance with my speed or connection affecting my workout. Hope this helps.

I stream my video's through Cathe OnDemand and lately in the middle of watching them they "skip." Or pause in the middle, then start, then pause.... very frustrating. Is anyone else having this problem have any ideas on how to fix? Thank you!

Problems like this are nearly always caused by either a low speed internet connection or a performance problem with the computer you are using. By clicking on the HD button on the player you can select a lower quality option for the video that may solve your issue. You should also do a speed test whenever you have an issue at a site like http://www.speedtest.net/ This will tell you what your true download speed is. A low broadband connection speed is the number one cause of stalling issues. You also might be able to upgrade your connection speed with your ISP for little or no money, so make sure to call them.

Thank you for the feedback. So I actually have one of the highest internet speed available, so I knew it wasn't that. I did a hard drive clean up and deleted my cookies, etc and that seemed to work. Thanks again!

I was having the same problems with the audio freezing. I did the disk clean up and deleted my cookies as well and it's working perfectly now! Thanks for the advice since I really love Cathe's live streaming videos.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.