Exerciers with physical health challenges new check in

I did end up ordering the new series, not sure how much of it I will be able to do with my knee and back issues. RWH was really hard on my lower back and knees, even the low impact! I liked the ab sections, hopefully I will use the lifting portions once I get this golfer's elbow to settle.

Amy, My husband has PTSD and severe anxiety and has had great success with Lexapro. I can always tell when he tries to stop using it, he is fine for a few months and then the anxiety kicks in. It may be worth looking into a different medication to see if it will help you. He almost quit his job last month because he let the anxiety get the better of him. He went back on the Lexapro and was much better within a week, he is a totally different person on the Lexapro.

Today i am going to do CSS and play with my hammock. I really hope I can use it here daily instead of paying for classes. I really enjoy going to class and socializing, but that gets expensive.

Elsie, where do you live that it is so hot?

Have a great weekend.

Today was Jessica Smith thighs walk. I always get more out of her workouts than I expect to. Not sure why. She's great and I can be assured it's low impact. Also practiced yoga as usual.
Katie, I live near Mission, British Columbia where it's been about 34 to 39 degrees (that's 94 - 102 american/F) for over a week now. There's no break coming up either. I can't stand it, literally.
Have fun with your hammock!

Today I did Cardio Supersets, and yesterday I did Burn Sets Chest Back, & Shoulders. So far I like this rotation.

Elsie, I'm glad you've had some luck with CBT and yoga. I keep meaning to try yoga. Luckily the rotation I just started has yoga once a week, so I am excited to try it. I use some CBT techniques, like challenging my thoughts. Also, I've noticed that listening to music when I'm driving helps me relax a little.

Katie, I found that some of the RWH low impact moves were hard on my back too. I was on Lexapro for a while, but it had no effect on me (other than giving me a headache at first, lol!). I've tried Wellbutrin as well. I wish they would work on me.

I did xtrain cardio legs or whatever the title is, I can't seem to keep up with all the titles...lol

We have heat here too, but I'm handling it pretty well, of course I'm mostly staying inside...

We met our new neighbors this weekend, very nice couple. They have six grandkids our kids age, so there might be some fun play time in the future, since the grandkids seem to be over a lot.

Agree with both of you for taking advantage of the presage price. Really is a very good deal.

I still don't know a set rotation for myself, but am just going to piece it together as I go along until something clicks.

Today I did AOLI and xtrain c,b and shoulders. Tomorrow is AG and yoga.
Elsie, I would not enjoy that heat either, do you have the humidity there as well? I can handle heat but not humidity, or bugs, lol. We have had a nice break for 2 days from the 90 degrees we were having. It is supposed to get hot and humid again tomorrow, not looking forward to it.

Today I did Total Body Trisets Lower Body. Oh boy did I need to take extra breaks during that one! I don't know if I was just having an off day or what. I'll see if it gets any easier the next time I do it.

Cendrine, how delightful that you have nice neighbours. : ) We had a nice neighbour who just moved away a few months ago and we sure do miss them. All of our other neighbours are basically like strangers. I don't even get a good morning back when I see them in the park.
Oh yes, Katie .. it is humid now and I do not deal with it well either. I really do hate to complain about the summer, but I just do not tolerate heat or very strong sun well. I mean, I've gotten sun rash in March. In Canada! lol. I had some nice canoe day trips planned, but they're gonna be postponed till the weather becomes bearable.

Not much of a workout today. Did a short 'boat pose' esque sequence of my own which is always challenging. Hoping to get back into the swing of things tomorrow.

I just did a short upper body premix from boot camp. Several flowering bushes are done and need trimming, I will see what I can do about that for a little more exercise.

Amy, that trisets one really bites, but I like it

Elsie, I used to get sun rashes a long time ago, have you ever supplemented with calcium? It helped me tremendously. I used to do one of those dissolve in water calcium things and that did the trick. I don't seem to be needing it any more now.

Wow, sounds like it's too hot everywhere this year!

Cendrine, thanks kindly for the tip about calcium. Both my Dad and I who are blue eyed and fair get sun rashes that are pretty gross if I'm honest about it. lol. I do take a supplement, although not daily, of magnesium, calcium & b5. I will try out upping the calcium and hope it makes some difference for me.
You also really reminded me that I ought to cut the azaleas back. They can get out of control so quickly.
My workout today was a fitnessblender 1000-calorie kickboxing one. I cheated though and skipped through the last hiiT round. *shame*

Today I did Total Body Trisets Lower Body. Oh boy did I need to take extra breaks during that one! I don't know if I was just having an off day or what. I'll see if it gets any easier the next time I do it.
Good to know about tri-sets! Another one I have been eyeing. I have to pace myself and I only tend to get something about every four months.

Today's workout was Xtrain Bi's & Tri's. It reminded me of meso 1 in STS. I've got DOMS from yesterday's trisets, so I'm glad today was arms and no cardio (though I did go for a walk).

It actually hasn't been that hot where I am yet, which is unusual. There's still a lot of summer left though, so I'm sure it's coming. August is usually pretty miserable. I hope everyone gets relief from the heat soon!

Nothin today but a boat load of housework. Uhh, and now my back is killing me.
No relief on this stifling heat yet.

I did xtrain legs today, my knees feel good right now (2 hours later), hopefully they stay that way. Tomorrow is AG and yoga.
Elsie, My back always hurts after doing house work. In the past I would clean my house in a day, usually after my workout. I have to do the cleaning in stages now due to my back and knee issues. I hate cleaning, sure wish I could afford to get someone to do it for me.
I hope you get some relief from the heat soon. I was watching the women's soccer game yesterday(in Edmonton), and they said on the "pitch" it was 120 degrees, how can they play in that!!
Have a nice weekend everyone! Happy 4th of July to all of you in the U.S.
Katie

Oh, Katie ....I'm breaking up my housework all of the time too. Glad to know that it's not just me. lol. Sometimes my bathtub goes too long cause it hurts to get in there and clean it. My spouse really ought to help. He doesn't have physical issues but I'm the one stuck with all the work. Grrr.
Anyway, I am so hoping to get in some fitness today cause yesterday was too hot and stuffy to sleep, eat or to exercise. I tried doing some compound exercises with my med ball, but couldn't get through much. I love med ball exercises. I took a stroll out after midnight to cool down a bit...that was nice. : )

I am still sore from Monday's leg workout! And on Tuesday the acupuncturist did cupping for the first time and I have been a mess since, it really dislodged lots of stuff and I am taking lots of detox supplements to help flush it all out, because, it is not fun. I'm glad stuff is mobilized, but I sure did not expect this much of a reaction to it! So I decided to take it easy and give my body a break since it's pretty beat up and didn't work out since Wednesday.

It's stinking hot here too! We are braving the temps to do our yearly blueberry picking marathon today. The farm opens at 8:30, we plan to get in, hit our goal and get out before we die of heat stroke...lol!

Have a wonderful weekend and stay cool!

Sorry to hear you are feeling so beat from the cupping. I'm a weirdo who likes cupping! lol. Well, it's just that when my myofascial pain re-emerges (always worst in winter), I have found nothing else like it to help with the deep seated pain. If you are taking so many detox supplements, make sure your practitioner also gives you a yin tonic, so your kidneys don't get worn down. : ) (white peony tea on it's own is great, but s/he has probably given you something that is a formula just for you). Enjoy your hard earned blueberries! Wear a big scarf!! ; )

Another day in the stifling heat here too. Tried a different workout as I needed something not too 'hot'. TLF (Tracie Long Fitness) Finding Your Core. Didn't think it was great and I was confused. I think this is the first of a Tracie one that I didn't really, really like. Also finished with a 100 rep Hammer Curl challenge! Burns.

It's been a while since I checked in, but I've been keeping up with the rotation. Last week I substituted Party Rockin' Step 2 for Slide & Glide. I picked up some gliding discs over the weekend, so I will try Slide & Glide the next time it shows up in the rotation. I enjoyed Yoga Relax on Friday. Today I did Turbo Barre. It's been fun doing all of these workouts I've never tried before. It's keeping me motivated so far.

It got pretty warm here today, and humid too. I guess next weekend it's supposed to get even hotter.

Amy, nice to stay motivated! : ) You go!

I've slacked off the past couple of days .....just too hot and uncomfortable and today it's becoming difficult to breath due to fires in the area. I have been walking at night, but I feel a bit sluggish when I don't work out.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.