Toughest STS Disc For You...So Far

jillybean

Cathlete
Yesterday I did Disc Five (meso 1, week 2; back and tris). Without a doubt, this is the toughest workout I've ever done. Tougher than Imax 3 or Gym Style Chest & Tris or Drill Max. I am soooo sore today.

Those barbell rows, those pullovers, those chin ups and pullups - the drop sets of double-arm kickbacks - yowza!!

I am so incredibly impressed by Cathe's strength?? It's amazing that she did all she does in STS - and she did it while smiling, talking, and she probably had to endure long, long days while filming.

Also, I am incredibly impressed by my fellow Catheletes - I can't do a single close grip pushup on my toes, and I cannot do 30 consecutive standard pushups on my toes - but many of you can! I am very inspired by your strength and hard work.

Getting back to disc 5 for just a bit, my lats and tris are on fire today!!!

So...what's the toughest STS workout you've done??

So far for me, Disc 6 legs.
I think there was a point I asked Cathe if she was trying to kill me.:D My glutes are so sore!!!
I can't wait to tackle it again this week:eek: That's what I love about the longer rotation. You get to do the torture, I mean exercises all over again:p

I've made it to #10 so far, but I think for the hardest I'll go with #3 or #9. My bottom half hurt for 5 days:eek: after #3. 3 of those 5 days were painful. 9 was a close 2nd to #3. Those leg workouts are killer, and I get some cardio huffin' and puffin' with those with the high reps, short rest. Goodness!

Nan

I am so incredibly impressed by Cathe's strength?? It's amazing that she did all she does in STS - and she did it while smiling, talking, and she probably had to endure long, long days while filming.

Also, I am incredibly impressed by my fellow Catheletes - I can't do a single close grip pushup on my toes, and I cannot do 30 consecutive standard pushups on my toes - but many of you can! I am very inspired by your strength and hard work.

My weaker part is my legs and therefore I would have to say that disc 3 would be my hardest so far. I have not done disk 6 yet :eek:. I will be doing disc 5 today and you are scaring me. :confused: haha!!

I too am very impressed with Cathe's ability to talk during some of these moves. I could not believe during the staggard push ups, she was talking away. I am in awe!!!

Disc 7, by FAR. Harder than the last ch/sh/bi workout, #10.

Tons of push-ups, including Drop-Set as the LAST chest exercise!

Aimee

I'm up to disk 8 and it would be 7 for me

I just did Disk 8 today and personally Disk 7 CBS has been the hardest.

The push-ups were NEVER ending.

Edited to add:

Oh and Aimee, did you forget about the final 21 pushups, AFTER the drop set, or did you leave the room because you were afraid of throwing something at Cathe and not see them?

Last edited:
I just did Disk 8 today and personally Disk 7 CBS has been the hardest.

The push-ups were NEVER ending.

Edited to add:

Oh and Aimee, did you forget about the final 21 pushups, AFTER the drop set, or did you leave the room because you were afraid of throwing something at Cathe and not see them?

Agree - those dropset pushups and final 21s were TOUGH! I'd also say the leg DVDs are toughest! I'm up to 11 (just did that today) and am afraid of the last leg DVD in this cycle! in a good way ;)

Great question!

Ooooh, I'd have to say the pushups in all of the Meso One chest work; Disc 10 shoulders work (failure failure failure!); and Ab Circuits Stability Ball. Tried that one yesterday, and let's just say that I coulda won the Oscar for Best Performance by a Supporting Actress in a COMEDY! :p

Disk 7

Definately Disk 7. I've made it through disk 9 but Disk 7 chest,sholders,bi's were by far the hardest. I was disapointed with myself after Disk 7. I sooo wanted to be able to do all the pushups on my toes but it was not happening for the drop sets!!

Disc 10 was hardest. Moving up to 70% max weight is a toughie; especially for shoulders. Then again, I haven't done discs 11 or 12 so can't comment on those....

Oh yes, I forgot about the 21 pushups after the drop-set....probably because my arms totally gave out during the drop-sets and I landed on my face...knocked the memory out of me, I guess!

Aimee

Cynthia,

I am with you after Disc 6 I felt DOMS for DAYS!!!!:p

Therese

So far for me, Disc 6 legs.
I think there was a point I asked Cathe if she was trying to kill me.:D My glutes are so sore!!!
I can't wait to tackle it again this week:eek: That's what I love about the longer rotation. You get to do the torture, I mean exercises all over again:p

STS Disc 3 legs!

For me, while I don't know if it was the hardest workout I have ever done, I do know that it was the most PAINFUL for almost a week after! yeah DOMS??? the 2nd time through was not near as bad!

I definately "feel" it the next day after ALL of the STS workouts though! Hurts so good!

For me, while I don't know if it was the hardest workout I have ever done, I do know that it was the most PAINFUL for almost a week after! yeah DOMS??? the 2nd time through was not near as bad!

I definately "feel" it the next day after ALL of the STS workouts though! Hurts so good!

Dani, just you wait. Plyo Legs (disc 26) is seriously like B&G on crack. Just you wait. :eek: Be afraid, be very very afraid. :cool:

Although I haven't done disc 11 & 12, disc 10 is running in first place right now. I didn't know my shoulders, chest and biceps could scream so loud.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.