Fitnessfreak's January Rotation for January 21, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

I ended up doing KPC yesterday! Today I will do PS back and biceps + abs!

Today I am feeling a little better today! Thanks for asking! My nose is still running:rolleyes: + I am very tried the last few day! I don't wanna stop doing Debbie's rotation, lol! I will finsh my rotation, no matter what! I am seeing very nice results!:D The scale is still going down!

Hi to everyone that follows!

Have a great day and workout!

Good Morning!

Yesterday I ended up doing the GS instead of PS b/c I had to use the dvd player cause DS was using the VHS player:confused: Oh well...i still have some nice DOMS going on here:) I also went for a nice 45 mins run outisde...loved it!

I will bbl to report my workout!

Lori:)

Hi girls,

I am done with my workout! I realized Monday, I didn't add an extra set to my tri/shoulders + chest workout:mad: Oh, well! I still had a great workout Monday! I made sure I did 3 sets today! My Back and Biceps are fried:eek:

Thanks for asking, girls! I am doing better today, my nose is still running! I was thinking, if I don't feel better by next week; maybe I should take a few days off? :eek::eek:

BACK
T-Bar Rows w/u – 16 reps/ 55 warm up set!
T-Bar Rows – 3 sets/10 reps 65/65/65
Bent over Barbell Rows – 3 sets/10 reps 55/55/55
One Arm Row – 3 sets/10 reps 30/30/30
Dumbbell Shrugs – 3 sets/20 reps/30/30/25

BICEPS
Barbell Curl – 3 sets/10 reps 45/45/45
Seated Alternating Hammer Curls – 20 reps 15/15/15
Seated Alternating Hammer Curls w/Twist – 24 reps total 15/15/15
Barbell Negative Curls – 3 sets/10 reps 45/45/45
Concentration Curls – 3 sets/12 reps/ 20/15/15

Have a great workout and day! BBL!

Last edited:
Good morning. I just got done doing PS back and biceps. I added an extra set to each and went up at least 1# on everything which makes me happy. Slow but sure, that's me. Gotta love those Pace weights!

Have a good day and a good workout everyone. I think I might head to Panera this morning after having cabin fever yesterday.

Bev

Hey Girls,

Instead of doing PS, I stuck with the GS and went heavy. My arms were burning by the time I was finished! I also squeezed in a little 3 mile run. Hopefully my eating will be good today b/c my run was small. When I get up really early to workout, Lord only knows what way my eating could go:eek::)

Got a question...anyone who didn't order the STS series...what are you going to do next week? Im thinking about doing Dec rotation again. I know that some of you have lost weight during these rotations, while mine pretty much stayed the same...which is a good thing:rolleyes: When I lift heavy the scale as a tendency to go up but its been staying in the 121.5-123 range which I like. So I am thinking about doing these 2 rotations again, and then maybe something super crazy the month before we go to Florida:eek:

Whats everyone else doing?

Lori:)

Yesterday when I got home from work I did the ab work from Kick, Punch & Crunch and then did 20 minutes of yoga from Karen Voight. Man, do I really need to start stretching more. My muscles in my entire body are so tight they hurt. Literally. This is not DOMS, it's pain from my muscles feeling like tight rubber bands. So I'm going to do yoga at least 3 times a week. Hopefully I can make time for it, it's only 20 minutes.

Today was Pure Strength Back & Biceps. I added an extra set to any 2 set exercise. Had a good workout but it didn't feel that hard. Compared to the other workouts I've been doing, this one was easy.

BACK
T-Bar Rows w/u: 45# – 16 reps
T-Bar Rows: 60# – 3 sets/10 reps
Barbell Bent over Rows: 60# – 3 sets/10 reps
***Felt really strong with this exercise.
One Arm Rows: 30# – 3 sets/10 reps
Shrugs: 75# – 3 sets/20 reps
***I love shrugs, it's my favorite exercise for back. And I don't care what Cathe says, I like going heavy with this exercise. I used my Barbell for this.

BICEPS
Barbell Curls: 55# – 2 sets/10 reps; 45# - 1 set/10 reps
***Wow, I felt really weak with this exercise. Not sure why.
Seated Alt. Hammer Curls: 15's – 20 reps
***Should have used 17's.
Seated Sweep Curls: 15's – 24 reps
***Should have used 17's.
Barbell Negative Curls: 40# – 3 sets/10 reps
Concentration Curls: 25#/12 reps; 20# - 2 sets/12 reps

Belinda - I was going to ask you why you only did 2 sets with Monday's workout. I thought maybe you mis-typed it. :p

BBL!!!

Good Morning!

Today was my 3 mile run and this aft I will do KPC abs and maybe some extra stretching. No DOMS today. I think the Pyramids last week is what really did me in and made me sore.

Belinda~Congrats on the weight loss this month!:D Hope you feel 100% soon!

Lori~Did you not order STS? Not sure yet what I 'll do next month. I won't start STS until March.

Bev~Yeah to going up in weight. I love my pace weights too!

Debbie~Sounds like you need a massage and some nice stretching!:)

Have a good day!

Today was Biceps and Back. I did the biceps and back from Muscle Endurance. I then followed that up with cardio segments 1-3 of LIC. 533 calories burned.

I think I will do a few 1RM's tonight for bicep and back and maybe some stretching. Like you Debbie - I feel I need to stretch out too. I did stretching the last two nights and it felt great.

Dreading the hard cardio work tomorrow - but dreading in a good way... :)

FROM YESTERDAY:

Fitness Freak, When you say you take a total week off, do you mean you mean no exercise at all? Wow I was just wondering because I didn't realize it is ok to take that long of a break. I usually have fallen off the wagon when I miss 3 days and I have probably given up if it is more that five. I guess the body needs some vacation too.

Mindy, yes, I take an entire week off. Usually after 12 weeks though. This time I'll stop weight training for an entire week but keep up my cardio. I'll probably add in some yoga too, just to get these muscles loosened up. It is good to let the body heal and a week is good. You won't lose muscle or strength with a week off, in fact, most people come back even stronger from the break. The muscles need to heal every once in a while.

Debbie you might try doing some downward dogs/yoga it really helps to loosen up the legs and any tension or tightness.

I love downward dog. The yoga I did yesterday felt so good. Now I just need to keep making time for it. :rolleyes:

Good morning!! I've had too much coffee today so I'm w-i-r-e-d.

Today was a good workout. I didn't add the extra sets to some of the biceps because I got side tracked and forgot. :eek: I hate to work biceps anyway- weak point for me.

BACK
T-Bar Rows w/u: 50# – 16 reps
T-Bar Rows: 65# – 3 sets/10 reps
Barbell Bent over Rows: 65# – 4 sets/10 reps
One Arm Rows: 30# – 3 sets/10 reps (Dropped to 27.5# for last set)
Shrugs: 30s – 2 sets/20 reps

BICEPS
Barbell Curls: 35# – 2 sets/10 reps
Seated Alt. Hammer Curls: 15's –10 reps each side
Seated Sweep Curls: 15's – 2 sets / 10 reps
Barbell Negative Curls: 30# – 2 sets/10 reps
Concentration Curls: 15#/12 reps; 13.25# / 12 reps

Then I did the cardio premix from C&W and 1-5 of IMAX2. I burned 219 with the weight work and 501 with the cardio. I did so well for a while in this rotation in limiting the cardio but lately I just can't help myself!

Have a great day everyone!

Hey Everyone :)!

Just got done with Back & Biceps from PS, with added sets. I find myself not being able to lift too heavy for barbell bicep work. This isn't new, I just can't physically do it with the barbell as I can with dumbells. So I look at how much you all can curl and I am :eek:!!

Debbie... I've also felt very sore, all over. Last night, I'd get up from sitting and feel like an old lady trying to work the kinks out. I had come and read this thread before my workout this AM, and decided I'd tack on some Yoga as well. I did 20 minutes of Kathy Smith's Project: YOU Yoga Flex. It did feel good. I am tight in a lot of places. ANd yes, I'm going to work in more stretching too. I need it! Thanks for the idea!

It's cool to hear how well everyone is doing with the rotations. Weight loss, or maintaining and strength gains! My scale never moves. It does the same thing every week. It's pretty disheartening sometimes. But other times, I realize I'm pretty fit and healthy and can live with what the scale says.

Debbie** I wished you would have said something, I messed up big times! I feel like an airhead! :mad:LOL! I have no idea what I was thinking? Next time kick my butt, ok! I am sore since I started your rotations in Dec, lol! I do need to add more yoga to my workouts. How is your shoulder? Will you be doing STS with Cathe, or at a later time? What kind of BB do you have? I wished for some exercises like triceps my barbell would be a little lighter, my barbell alone weights 45 lb.

Gin** Thanks! I think all that heavy lifting is good for my body, lol! Great job on your run, I hope one day I will run a 5 k! Where can I buy pace weights?

Debbie** I wished you would have said something, I messed up big times! I feel like an airhead! :mad:LOL! I have no idea what I was thinking? Next time kick my butt, ok! I am sore since I started your rotations in Dec, lol! I do need to add more yoga to my workouts. How is your shoulder? Will you be doing STS with Cathe, or at a later time? What kind of BB do you have? I wished for some exercises like triceps my barbell would be a little lighter, my barbell alone weights 45 lb.

Sorry that I didn't Belinda! It would have been too late anyways, you were already done with the workout when I read it. LOL!

My shoulder has been ok and it is ok until I work it or do chest work. :( I'm hoping my week break and yoga will help it. If not, it's off to the doctor's I go. :mad:

I honestly don't know what I'll be doing with STS yet. I want to preview it and see if it's something I want to start now or not.

I have a barbell that is 5' in length and weights 15#. I love it. You must have an Olympic sized bar if it weighs 45#.

Did my wo today. My arms are tired. feels great. I did do KP&C yesterday but did not check in. Cardio yesterday was hard, my hamstrings and hips were still tired from Fridays leg wo. I'm good today.

Veronika

Checking in -

Did Back & Bi's from FF worksheets for PS. Wanted to add on a cardio blast or something, but my husband was in the w/o room on the TM and watching the tv, so that option was out. I'm not even sure I did 3 sets of everything because he was so distracting.
All right ladies, thanks and enjoy your day!

Thanks, Sonya!
I had my 8yo take that pic when she got home from school today (they had 1/2 day). I thought it would be nice to have something more personal. Although Debbie knows how much I LOVE(d) that bike from my old avatar, I figured I needed something more Cathe-ish.
Have a great day!
With all the talk of stretching, I think I'll get another SM in this week....

Belinda~ DH gave me the pace weights for Christmas. I just found the receipt. He ordered them from Winans Athletic Co. I have the 9 pc. set with the case for $56.95. Hope that helps. I think you can order without the case also for less $ and there is another type called Plate Mates.

Belinda, I'm always telling people to just get the rest when you are sick because of my experience that nearly killed me. It may seem wimpy but better wimpy than in the hospital.
Only you know how you are feeling. I hope you get to feeling all better.
Bev, where do you live?
Gin, I am so glad you told Bev about those weights. I am looking to buy some for my Birthday in March. My hubby told me to give him a list of what I would like.

Veronika

I got my pace weights from www.paceweights.com I ordered 2 9 piece sets (no case). I store them in a wood sewing chest that my very late (never met her) MIL had that is right by my workout area. Works perfectly for me!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.