Fitnessfreak's January Rotation for January 16, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

Today I will do Pyramid Lower Body!

Thanks girls for all the get well wishes yesterday, thank goodness I don't have a chest cold. It's more like a head cold. I am also taking vitamin C, eat lots of citrus fruits. I am taking sinus medication, which is helping.

Have a wonderful day and workout!

Good Morning!

Im thinking I may do a different workout today. That way I can workout while DS watches t.v. Although there is no doubt that he will be having a nap today b/c he got up to early.
Anyway...I am thinking about doing GS legs instead of PLB.

Also, I don't think I reported yesterdays workout. I did 4 miles on the TM (33 mins) and did 3 seg of DM. I was going to do them all but my sister showed up...darn;):p

Lori:)

Good morning girls. I did Pyramid Lower Body this morning and I just have to share what a stupid thing that I did because I'm sure that everyone could use a good laugh this morning. I normally match what Cathe is lifting plus have my 10# weighted vest on when I do my legs and sometimes can go higher. So this morning I'm doing those leg presses on the high step but I'm using dumbbells instead of a barbell. By the time I'm done I have to take a minute break because I'm sweating bullets and out of breath. So I'm standing here beating myself up because I'm thinking that I must be getting weaker and not stronger. Then it hits me that I am thinking that I'm lifting the weight of just one dumbbell. DUH! So for my heaviest set I was doing 60# and thought I was only doing 35#!!!! lol How stupid was that????? Well at least now I feel better that I was able to do that. But I have a feeling that I'm going to be a hurting puppy tomorrow!!

Belinda-take care of that cold!

Have a good day and a good workout everyone.

Bev

Today was PLB. I didn't feel like using my barbell today so instead I used my dumbells. I also used the 10lb weighted vest for the standing work.

Leg Press (hate these)
15's/20's/25's/20's/15's

Lunges
12's/15's/20's/15's/12's

Squats/Plie' Squats
12's/15's/20's/15's/12's

Deadlifts
15's/20's/25's/20's/15's

Calves
Kept the vest on for a little extra weight

Floorwork - Its a killer! But thats why we love it, right?? I hope I can walk tomorrow. :)

Bev - you too?!?! I did the same thing this morning! Granted - I knew the amount of weight I was lifting - but I didn't understand why I was sweating bullets and so out of breath. I kept taking my HR and by the end of the WO I had burned over 500 calories! But, like you said - we were going really heavy compared to what Cathe and the gang were using. The leg press with 25# dumbells nearly killed me. But alas, I am still alive so all is well. :)

Today was Pyramid Lower Body. I was suppose to do the entire workout but skipped the floor work because most of the exercises irritate my knees and hips. Plus after doing the standing work I was wiped out. I also did ab work and killed it!!!

LEG
Pyramids:
Leg Press Station: 150#/160#/170#/160#/150# - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
***These were suppose to be step-ups. I wanted to use my LP station since I haven't in quite a while. Got an excellent burn in the glutes with this.

Static Lunges: 65#/75#/85#/75#/65# - 12/10/8/10/12 reps

Superset Squats/Plies: 65#/75#/85#/75#/65# - 12/10/8/10/12 reps

Elevated Deadlifts: 50#/60#/70#/60#/50# - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
***Legs were rubber at this point.

ABS
From Oxygen magazine - Abs Triset
Hanging Knee Raises - 3 x 15/12/10
Bench V-Ups - 3 x 15/12/10
Reverse Bench Crunch - 3 x 15/12/10
***LOVE this routine. It is a killer. My lower abs were really burning by the time I got done.

That is all...

Bev - Too funny!!! Nice job, though! :D

I just completed IMAX2. In case yall haven't noticed it seems I almost never do the workout planned for the day, mainly because my rest day is a different day, but sometimes to make it all fit in with my schedule. Hope that's ok! IMAX2 was a blast and I did the happy dance after blast 9 as a salute to you girls!

Bev, thanks for the laugh, we've all done something like that, it's good to laugh at it.

Debbie,

When doing the Oxygen ab routine, do you one type of e-cise first? ex: all hanging knee raises, or do you alternate each e-cise then start over. I guess it really doesn't matter as long as you get the reps in. I wanna try it today.

Thanks Dana

Today was PLB for me too. I increased everything by 5# from the last time I did the workout. Yay! I think I can move up again next time- slow and steady on the increases. I also used Cathe's 10# vest- kind of nice to lift a lighter BB.

Leg Press: 35#/40#/45#/40#/35# - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
-- This was the toughest exercise for me today- started with 6 risers and dropped to 5. My form really improved.

Static Lunges: 35#/40#/45#/40#/35# - 12/10/8/10/12 reps

Superset Squats/Plies: 40#/45#/50#/45#/40# - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
-- I really noticed that my legs are getting stronger here. I think I prefer using a dumbbell for the plies- I get a deeper squat for some reason.

Deadlifts: 45#/50#/55#/50#/45# - 12/10/8/10/12 reps

Calves and Floorwork: I did it- don't know the names for everything so I won't list it in detail. The one legged glute lifts on the ball in the beginning are KILLER. Mine um, don't really look like Cathe's.

Have a great day everyone! LOL on doing the happy dance after blast #9- see now that it is on your radar, you can't NOT do it! :)

Hey Everyone!

I just finished up PLB. It took a little longer for me to warm up this morning! Dang it's cold !!! Though DH thought he would be "nice" and open the heating vent for me downstairs (where I work out). After the UP of Step Ups, I was sweating like crazy! don't be so nice next time, hubby! :p

I'm going to admit, I didn't push the weights today. One of my hamstrings is still kind of sore from last Friday (I might have pulled it a bit), so I kept it lower on the weights. I did do the floorwork, and yes!, the one legged raises on the ball ARE killer! Oddly enough, I felt a LOT in my Core on those. I guess I burned it out yesterday with the double core work. That never happened to me before... Weird!

Bev & Karen:
That is TOO funny! Oopsie! Guess you'll be thinking about that mistake again tomorrow!!

Debbie
: Those ab exercises look tough!! Do they picture the moves or just explain them in Oxygen? And , uh, does that say 170 lbs??? :confused: I can see why your legs would be burned out after the weight work.

Lisa: Funny about the happy dance!

Patti: Big confession time for me. Sometimes I do some of the ball work with my a$$ on the floor! :eek:

Chris, since we're confessing, sometimes I let my foot rest a bit as it touches the floor on the outer thigh lifts. Especially the second side! I noticed I think Cedie let it hit the floor a time or 2 also. :p

Hi all.
I am done with Pyramid Lower. Girls, I just wanted to die after the first exercise. This was so hard. I was 5#'s heavier than Cathe but on the floor work I did not have it in me to do the work on the ball. I used the high step. I am glad the floor work is not very long. I had to pause the dvd between exercises. I have lost three pounds since doing this rotation. I knew something was different when I put my jeans on. They had just come out of the dryer. Made me feel so great, I told my husband " hey, we need a date, I'm feeling real good." Thanks all and thanks Debbie for putting this rotation together. It is not easy but I just kept on. While working out ,feeling the burn and wanting to stop, I thought of my daughter and her training . She is training for the Olympics in diving. They work out 6 hours a day, and they go non-stop. I got to watch the team train yesterday and some were crying and still doing there workout. I wanted to go and love on them. I just felt for them. Yet, this is what it takes to be the best and get to that level. So, while working out, I just need to suck it up and keep going.

Does anyone take supplements or anything for joint pain? My knees are hurting and you can hear every bit of them when I bend them.

Veronika

Chris, since we're confessing, sometimes I let my foot rest a bit as it touches the floor on the outer thigh lifts. Especially the second side! I noticed I think Cedie let it hit the floor a time or 2 also. :p

LOL, Lisa!!! Yes, I do too. And it's weird, because Cathe will say "We're not resting completely and touching the floor, now, are we?" (or something like that). And of course , I *AM*! It's like she can see me! I noticed today, though, that Cedie lifts her leg WAY up high on the outer thigh work! WOW! I tried, but I don't think it was physically possible for me to do it!

Does anyone take supplements or anything for joint pain? My knees are hurting and you can hear every bit of them when I bend them.

Veronika....I take glucosamine.

I have today off and Monday is a school holiday so I have a 4 day weekend! Yipee! :D I will get in PLB later today.

Hey Ladies!

I didn't do PLB...I was in the mood to do GS legs instead. So I did GS legs and Kari Andersons abs earlier and I just got off of the TM, did a 4.5 mile run.

Off to get in the shower.

Lori:)

Confessions

Ok since we're all confessing here, I have called Cathe a few bad names during the floor work with the ball. Today I think it was during the froggie style rollouts and she said to do it again!!!!

Karen-I wonder how we're going to be feeling tomorrow when we go to do our cardio?? lol

Bev

Lori, you are amazing, GS legs and also a run?!?!?! I know my legs wouldn't hold up!

Bev, I think I said something during the same froggie roll ins too. Mine was more G rated though, I think I said "OH COME ON, JUST STOP ALREADY":p

Ok since we're all confessing here, I have called Cathe a few bad names during the floor work with the ball. Today I think it was during the froggie style rollouts and she said to do it again!!!!

Karen-I wonder how we're going to be feeling tomorrow when we go to do our cardio?? lol

Bev
Bev - I hate those froggie roll things! They are so painful! I keep wishing we only had two round of them but then Cathe adds on a third. Augh! I was thinking the same thing as you on the cardio tomorrow. I am contemplating doing some stretch max tonight to maybe ease the (anticipated) pain??? :)

Lisa - that is pretty G rated of you! I'm usually more toward the R-rated rants when I'm in pain. :)

I got in PLB here at the work gym. OK...Confession time. I blew off the floor work entirely as there are no stability balls (or at least one with air in it) or a step. I did do some extra leg work on the machines and I will make up the inner/outer thigh stuff tonight.

But the work out felt good and my legs are feeling it. Cardio tomorrow.

Have a great night ladies.

Checking in -

Did PLB. Went with 6 risers on leg press, matched Cathe's weight. Upped other weights by about 5#, and subbed DB for most.
Okay, the ball work...those froggy things, I feel a lot in my OUTER thigh...aren't I supposed to be feeling it in my inner thigh??? How can I mess these up? And those heel on the ball glute tuck/raise things...?? I have to put my whole calf on the ball or else it feels like my knee joint is going to snap! Weak knees, maybe? Oh, well, all done!
Good times.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.