Fitness Freak December Rotation for 12/17/08

Debbie...I sent you a PM yesterday along the lines of the question you posed. What type of rotation were you thinking? I ordered STS but was wanting to stay with strength training for a while longer.

Sonya, I never got a pm from you.

I will do a rotation similar to this one. I'd rather do a 3 or 4 day split rather then endurance. I want to incorporate the Pyramid workouts if I can. I'll see what I can come up with. I'm having so much fun with this month's rotation that I really want to do another one.

Depending on when STS arrives, I'm planning on starting that in January and I'm going to sit down soon and figure out how I want to add in cardio and core work. I'd love to see your rotation though for potential future use.

Debbie - I would love to a January rotation with you. I love the pyramid workouts. The only problem I have is I cashed in when Cathe was having here VHS clearance sale so many of the workouts I don't have on DVD and therefore, don't have access to the premixes.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Okay Debbie I mean this in the NICEST of ways. I completely understand now why you are aka as FitnessFREAK! As I was doing today's workout I kept thinking,"Who's FREAKIN idea was it to do this workout TWICE!!!! :eek:
When I came downstairs I told my husband.."I think she's trying to kill me!" :D LOL!!!! What a workout! AGAIN, thank you for putting this rotation together! Count me in to join you for another rotation in January!

Hmmm...not sure why you didn't get pm...I'll check.

4DS Chest, Shoulders & Triceps Premix

Second round I had to skip a few exercises due to time. I also had to get in abs today since I didn't do them yesterday.

I also struggled with push-ups today???? Not sure why. Second round had to do few reps on knees.

Round 1
Pushups: Full/Partials - 7 x's Second round did last 2 on knees.
Seated Overhead Press: 10's, 12's, 15's, 20's - 16/12/10/8 reps
Second round same weight but 15/10/8/4 reps

Tricep Pressdown w/Band: Purple
Kickbacks w/Band: Purple
Skipped second time through.

Round 2
Pushups: 8 singles/8 bottom/8 top..second round did bottom/top on knees.
Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 20's - 12 slow reps. Did db press second time 20's - 12 reps
Lateral Raise: 10's for first 2 sets; 12's for last set, second time 10# for all sets
Slow Dips..skipped second time
Seated Tricep Dumbbell Extensions: 20#, 25#, 30#, 35# - 12/10/8/5 reps, second time...12#, 15#, 20#, 25# -12/10/8/6

Round 3
Decline Pushups: 12 reps
Alternate Overhead Press: 15's - 3 sets of 4 reps each side
Same second time...last set was tough!!!!!!!
Upright Rows: 20's - 12 reps, second time 15# - 12 reps
Stability Ball & HS Dips...skipped second time
Tricep Incline Pushups on HS...skipped second time

Round 4
Around the Clock Pushups...skipped second time
Front/Rear Raises: 10's - 8 reps, second time 8's - 8 reps
Rear Delt Flyes: 12's - 12 reps, 8's - 12 reps
External Rotation Pulls w/Band: Purple
Barbell Lying Tricep Extensions: 45# - 8 sets 2ct. down, 6 cts up
Dumbbell Lying Tricep Extensions: 12's - 8 reps/3 sets w/partials

Skipped last three exercise 2nd time but added in one set of kickbacks 8# - 10 reps.

LIS Abs...in place of bike manuever and rockets I did hanging leg raises 15/10/10

Wow, Iris we live pretty close (I'm in South Jersey...near the shore). ;) Maybe some day we can meet up with the tri state group for a class. :)

Kathy

Oh wow Kathy, you're in NJ too. I definitely have to make that trip up there. So do you take Cathe's classes often? Any Cathe class would be awesome, but in particular, I'd love to take one of her KB classes :)

Here's my workout for today:

Round 1
Pushups: Full/Partials
Seated Overhead Press: 5's, 8's, 10's, 12's
(I feel a little whimpy about starting out with 5's)

Tricep Pressdown w/Band: (I used a band this time)
Kickbacks w/Band

Round 2
Pushups: 8 singles/8 bottom/8 top
Incline Dumbbell Flies: 15's - 12 slow reps

Lateral Raise: 8's for all 3 sets
Dips
Seated Tricep Dumbbell Extensions: 8, 10, 12, 15

Round 3
Decline Pushups: 12 (I did Benchpresses instead)
Alternate Overhead Press: 10's - 3 sets of 4 reps each side
Upright Rows: 10's - 12 reps
Stability Ball & HS Dips
Tricep Incline Pushups on HS

Round 4
Around the Clock Pushups (Did 12 more Benchpresses instead)
Front/Rear Raises: 8's - 8 reps
Rear Delt Flyes: 5's - 12 reps
External Rotation Pulls w/Band

Barbell Lying Tricep Extensions: 25# - 8 sets 2ct. down, 6 cts up
Dumbbell Lying Tricep Extensions: 8's - 8 reps/3 sets w/partials

My 30 minute cardio was KCM's new 30 minute Kickbox workout. I did W/O 1 of the 2.

I did my WO a little bit later than usual due to school having a 2 hour delay and my oldest son getting ill :(

Anyhow, I sneaked in with the 4DS Premix of Shoulders, Chest & Triceps! OMG, what a great workout! I never knew that was there in that combo! I seriously do NOT know how anyone could do that twice. Wow. Tough!!! You are all going to be in serious DOMS tomorrow!! I did it once through, pushing the weights. I did feel that my triceps were a bit sore. (When did we do tri's last?) thus not able to lift as big as I usually do (failed on the last lying down extension with the 8 lb hand weights).

For cardio I did the Combos 1,2 &3 from Step Blast and then did the cool down and stretch!

581 calories!

My legs were also talking to me due to my run yesterday. Running really is an amazing leg workout. I forget when I'm into it for a while. My ENTIRE leg is sore, even inner thighs!

I'm very intrigued by a January Rotation, Debbie!!! I have STS coming, but I almost want to do your rotation with everyone instead of it, because I'm just enjoying this one SO much!!

Okay Debbie I mean this in the NICEST of ways. I completely understand now why you are aka as FitnessFREAK! As I was doing today's workout I kept thinking,"Who's FREAKIN idea was it to do this workout TWICE!!!! :eek:
When I came downstairs I told my husband.."I think she's trying to kill me!" :D LOL!!!! What a workout! AGAIN, thank you for putting this rotation together! Count me in to join you for another rotation in January!

LMAO!!!!

Actually, I was thinking the same thing this morning. Knowing I had to do it again really scared me but it actually wasn't too bad once I got started. I am already sore. :p

Got your PM and responded.

Here's my workout for today:

Round 1
Pushups: Full/Partials
Seated Overhead Press: 5's, 8's, 10's, 12's
(I feel a little whimpy about starting out with 5's)

Iris, never feel whimpy about what weights you use. You are challenging yourself and you will get stronger.

You did great with today's workout!

Anyhow, I sneaked in with the 4DS Premix of Shoulders, Chest & Triceps! OMG, what a great workout! I never knew that was there in that combo! I seriously do NOT know how anyone could do that twice. Wow. Tough!!! You are all going to be in serious DOMS tomorrow!! I did it once through, pushing the weights. I did feel that my triceps were a bit sore. (When did we do tri's last?) thus not able to lift as big as I usually do (failed on the last lying down extension with the 8 lb hand weights).

I'm very intrigued by a January Rotation, Debbie!!! I have STS coming, but I almost want to do your rotation with everyone instead of it, because I'm just enjoying this one SO much!!

My triceps were still a bit sore from when we worked them on Saturday and I'm sure they are going to be sore again tonight and tomorrow.

It's good to hear so many of you want to do a January rotation. This one ends on the 27th so I'll start a new beginning on Dec. 29th so we don't lose any workout days in between.

I completed today's workout - that was a tough one! I can't say I did every rep along with Cathe....I found myself hurrying through a couple of sets or wandering around getting an extra drink of water while I let Cathe and crew start without me. Yowza.
Debbie, I am on board for another one of your rotations for January. I really like these splits this month, you are really pushing me. I didn't order STS, and I'm looking forward to utilizing the Pyramids more.
Bring it on!

I'm LOVING this rotation, Debbie! And I love hearing how we're all doing it based on meso, ecto, endo!!! However, I'm thinking that when I'm done with this, I'll go onto endurance or circuit workouts.

Can I ask you a question? My PF has really been acting up on the days of cardio, and finally settles down after a few days, but then cardio is up on the rotation again, starting the cycle all over. Have you ever done a WEIGHTS ONLY rotation? lol I can't believe I'm actually asking that. I've been a cardio junkie for years and just LOVE the sweat factor of an awesome cardio session. But the PF keeps me from looking forward to the impact. Would a weights ONLY rotation be beneficial in any way??? I'm not thinking that's what I'll do, but I'm curious. I'm in the process of adding to my iCycle collection and will start doing my cardio on my stationary bike (which is highly UNDER used and jealous of my treadmill and step, lol). But I'm curious what you have to say on this.

THANKS!

Gayle

Debbie -

I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I've been doing your December rotation, and have been loving it! I didn't get up early enough this morning, so I'll be doing today's Chest/Shoulders/Tri premix this afternoon. Like others, I'm really enjoying how you've changed up the workouts just enough to make them interesting and challenge the muscles in new ways. I usually never get DOMs anymore, but have been having some soreness on most days after your workouts. Long way of saying ... yes! I would definitely be interested in following a new January rotation with you.

I'm LOVING this rotation, Debbie! And I love hearing how we're all doing it based on meso, ecto, endo!!! However, I'm thinking that when I'm done with this, I'll go onto endurance or circuit workouts.

Can I ask you a question? My PF has really been acting up on the days of cardio, and finally settles down after a few days, but then cardio is up on the rotation again, starting the cycle all over. Have you ever done a WEIGHTS ONLY rotation? lol I can't believe I'm actually asking that. I've been a cardio junkie for years and just LOVE the sweat factor of an awesome cardio session. But the PF keeps me from looking forward to the impact. Would a weights ONLY rotation be beneficial in any way??? I'm not thinking that's what I'll do, but I'm curious. I'm in the process of adding to my iCycle collection and will start doing my cardio on my stationary bike (which is highly UNDER used and jealous of my treadmill and step, lol). But I'm curious what you have to say on this.

THANKS!

Gayle

Gayle, I feel stupid for asking this, but what does PF stand for???

You are kind of contradicting yourself in saying you want to do more of an endurance rotation after this, yet you want to work with all weights and no cardio. LOL! That definitely isn't endurance training.

People do only do weight training, but imo cardio needs to be added in at least twice a week to keep the heart strong. But it can be done and has been done. That is all some people do is weight train. I'm telling you, if I could get away with it, I would. I HATE CARDIO!!!

I know! LOL I typed that post and then went to the busstop for my friend's son and realized how I worded it. lol Sorry. First, PF is plantar fasciitis. Second, when I say endurance I mean not heavy, all-out-give-it-everything-yo-got weights. lol Cardio-wise, I'm going to try to find a balance between impact (step, kickbox, running) and non-impact (bike, low impact like Low Max, etc). Or perhaps, I'm just confused and don't really know WHAT I want to do yet. That's probably what's happening here. I change my mind so many times before I just do it!

Anyway, having said all that, my FAVE weight workouts are the Pyramids, Leaner Legs, and CTX upper body split. I'd like to add those in until STS comes.

Gayle

Last edited:
I got my workout in and am now on board with most of you following the rotation. I am so happy. I did 30 minutes of cardio, lightened the weights and did more reps. No, I did not do the weights twice(I'm doing the endo version) and after I was through with the premix I was so glad to be an Endo. Y'all are so great and brave to do it twice. Actually, to tell the truth,I'm envious that y'all can do it and I'm working on losing weight. I am seeing great results and my body is really responding to the way i am working out.I can not do the HS dips for triceps and I am a wimp with the pushups. I do not like them at all. Not any version.Not even bent knee.

I do have a question for Debbie. When I did the 4DS using heavy weights I did not get sore. I would lift as heavy as Cathe and sometimes a little less. I would get Doms only with legs. Now that I'm doing less weight and many more reps I get a good soreness. Can you tell me why this is? I asked my husband who lifts weights (heavy) yet he directed me to you because he could not answer me. I am just curious why this would be the case. But, I also have not lifted heavy like we are doing in this rotation and then repeat the workout. So maybe if I did do it like that maybe I would get sore. I don't know.

Yes Debbie, I would really like to be a part of another rotation with you gals. I enjoy being on the same schedule . I feel like I'm part of a team and that y'all are counting on me to get my workout in just like i am counting on you to get your workout in. I know I'm pretty mushy like this, but it is how I feel.

Veronika

Great workout, warmed up on the elliptical for 15 min. then did weights twice. Had to drop down a little in weights the second time through. Fitness Freak I just want you to know how much I appreciate this rotation. I hope this is what I need to break my platue.

Hi Everyone,

Hope you don't mind me sneaking in here half way, but after reading over Debbie's December rotation, I realized I'm doing something quite similar this month (only all by myself...sniff). In other words, I think I'll join you guys. :eek:

My week is a little off ~ I did CST premix on Monday and B&Bis today. But I'm all too happy (well...not THAT happy...I saw B&G on tap for tomorrow :p) to join you guys for the rest of the schedule.

Did anyone notice that they can lift heavier when doing the hanging concentration curls ~ or whatever they are called ~ in the Back & Bi premix? I'm sure it has something to do with leverage, but I felt like Superwoman!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.