Why Aren't There More Success Story Postings?

wake up eager

Cathlete
I would love to read more success stories. I'd like to be able to come here and read a list of good things that are happening for people. Not only the "big" successes, but all the daily wins, like:
-I did some straight leg push ups this week (I did, yea for me!)
-I did 4DS for the second time last week and actually got through it all and really enjoyed it more this time AND actually (kind of) got through the high step part of day 1
-Did Low Max, first time in awhile, thoroughly enjoyed it AND could tell I've advanced from the last time I did it...I stayed with CF more and was on it with all the steps and my cardio endurance was strong.

Yea!! All wins...

What wins have you been having lately?
Also, why do you think there's not been many posts here?

Straight-leg push ups? Good for you! I hope to do that some day.

I know I haven't posted anything because I guess I just don't feel like my success is big enough for an official "success story."

But that's not the best attitude, so here goes:

Since starting with Cathe in April, I've lost 9 pounds. I didn't have much to lose to begin with (the photo of me in my album was pre-Cathe), so I'm surprised but happy. I'm also eating much better, looking for more nutrition out of my food and no longer chosing in a mindless fashion.

Now I look forward to building some muscle. :)

Congrats on the 9 lbs and the eating success...THAT is success.
If making change was easy everyone would be doing it...celebrating every bit of progress helps build even more success. Cheers, cheers, cheers....

Let's see, one of what I view many successes I've had since starting working out with Cathe is.....

I can do 2 unassisted pullups! In May I could do 0 and then to my surprise I stopped at the park one day and tried again and I eeked out 2. Wow I felt strong after that!

4ds - lis/his

I've can finally do both the step routines with very little stopping & staring and going WTH!

I think anyone who can complete those 2 step routines can classify themselves as a success storey!!

I like the idea of adding our small successes so I'll add my success story.... Since starting working out with Cathe last July I have gained muscle definition in my scrawny arms and upper back. I would still like to work more on my legs however. Lifting weights makes me feel so strong and accomplished. On a side note, I helped my mom move this weekend to a third floor apartment and was able to lift and carry heavy boxes that I never would have been able to carry three flights of stairs.

Lots of successes

Since starting with Cathe 3 years ago I have had many successes. Most of them have been kind of small, but have meant a lot to me. So I've never posted in this forum because I didn't really have a "big" success. Here are some of my accomplishments:

• I lost 17 pounds, and I've gained muscle definition I didn't think was possible for me. I actually have a waist now, and I get a kick out of flexing my muscles to impress friends and family. And who knew my DH has a thing for back muscles?:D
  • I have gotten much much stronger; my DH and I have been able to move furniture and redo some rooms in our house without help because I can lift heavier now.
  • I have barely had a cold in the last 3 years. Working out with Cathe has improved my immune system immensely.
  • A year ago I would have laughed if someone told me this would happen, but I actually like kickboxing now! :eek:
  • After thinking that my knees and back could not handle heavy lifting with a barbell, I picked one up again the other day after a loooong break from it, and WOW, I can actually do squats with it! I have had some great leg workouts in the last couple of weeks, something I never thought would happen!
  • And yes, I can finally do straight leg pushups. I can't do quite as many as Cathe does in the videos, but I can usually get through about 75-80% of them.
  • Cathe workouts have greatly improved my balance and coordination. (I'm still kind of a klutz, though.)
Sorry this was so long...once I started thinking smaller, I came up with a whole bunch of successes!

Jodi

This is a great idea. Congratulations to all!

I lost about 35 pounds 9 years ago but my most recent success has been running. I hate running but in October 2007 I was going through a bad time and needed something to focus on. I set a goal of running a 5k and a 10k. To date I have done 5-5ks, 1-8k and 1-10k. I'm not the fastest runner but I haven't come in last yet. I consider it a success every time I cross the finish line, even though my time isn't always the best. :eek:

Also, on Sunday I did 10 kettlebell swings with 35 pounds. I'm thinking about asking for a 44 pounder for my birthday. :eek:

More Success Stories, Big and Little!

I agree that we need more Success stories. I especially am motivated by "Before & After" photos, not just the beginning and the end, but along the way. I posted a "Before" picture on my MyCatheSpace mostly for the pressure to keep going..... no one wants to see a before without an after.:D A small success would be for me to do full pushups again with perfect form or a pull up with my legs out (straight):D in front of me. I'll post again when I have accomplished either of these. I think there are a thousand other small successes that I would love to achieve and post.......I will try as they happen if they are an encouragement to others. I have never been on a blog or forum before, but doing this is keeping me motivated. I'd love to see everyone's successes......keep posting!

as for pictures

I would hate for all of you to know just how pudgy I still am. Even 78 pounds later. ick.:confused:

I prefer to think of that smiley as my disgusted smiley face btw.

Well, I have a small success this morning. I did double cardio of 4DS Kickbox/Boot Camp. That work out intimidated me like crazy, but it was on the rotation I'm doing with someone in the Check-in forum. Well, you know what? It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! It wasn't easy and I did the push up in the last drill on my knees, but I got through it all and didn't think once, "Oh my goodness, I just can't do this." That was a breakthrough for me.

anne

In between a few dead bodies..........

I have been reading a great cozy mystery. Unfortunately, the heroin is also a chef. So, in between finding dead bodies here and there, she's fixing wonderful culinary treats (and all of the recipies are in the back of the book). My success for the day is NOT caving in and baking up some buttery scones or hot chocolate chip cookies....(so tempting straight from the oven:() Maybe I should use my "Before" picture as the bookmark......

I love all these success stories...I find acknowledging each 'win' helps me get even more 'wins'.

Sometimes 'beating the drum of what's wrong' becomes a habit, but sharing the wins with the world helps change the trend toward 'beating the drum of what's right.'

Love that...because we're creating momentum forward either way. And I want to move forward toward more focus on what's right!

So thanks for chimining in here - fun to read...love that:
  • benman didn't bake/eat the goodies - tho' your book sounds interesting...
  • mrsmel did 4ds kickbox/bc - that's tough routine...yea, WTG!
  • lioness - you're a running machine!! and you're really strong with the kettlebells
  • jodijodi - wow - you've really created some momentum and have tons of success stories to share...very motivating.
  • Sweetpea1 - love that your're feeling strong...nothing like doing every stuff to recall how beneficial all this fitness focus is - also, love that feeling of empowerment...
  • MommaPew-those 4DS cardio routines are tricky...but boy it's good when the steps all come together, feels smart - congrats.
  • fitover40 - cool, cool, cool that you can do unassisted pull ups - THAT's strong!
  • benman - love your idea of before and after pics - sometimes we forget how far we've come and what we really want, pics can be a great reminder...
  • and RapidBreath - congrats on the 78 lbs...I bet you look great!
Any way, thanks to all for 'playing'...as you're interested let's keep this strong going by reporting in large and small successes...helps us and helps anyone else who might need a lift.

Life IS good.

I think we feel (at least I do) that we have to have some big dramatic story to consider it a success--but I love your idea and feel inspired by the thread, so I'll play.

I gained 70 lbs :)eek::eek::eek::eek:) with baby number 7 born in August. I lost 37.5 lbs (water) in the first 2 weeks, but only a measly 14 lbs since (did not eat well during the holidays--back on track now). But I've also lost 14 inches off my bust, waist, hips, thighs, and arms:), 2.5 of which melted off in the last 3 weeks, when the scale showed no change--I'll take it.

I have 18.5 lbs to go, and I like the idea of posting all my small intermediate successes, slow as they may be.

You all rock:cool:

Maggie:)

Kate--just as I was ready to join the pp thread again, it wasn't there! Oh well, Baby Gwen is fine and fat (98th percentile for both weight and height:eek:). I posted some new pictures of her.

School is busy and I feel swamped, but we are in a routine, so it all feels easier.

Congrats on being LOWER than your pre preggo weight. I'll try not to be too jealous.;).

Take care,
Maggie:)

I would love to read more success stories. I'd like to be able to come here and read a list of good things that are happening for people. Not only the "big" successes, but all the daily wins, like:
-I did 4DS for the second time last week and actually got through it all and really enjoyed it more this time AND actually (kind of) got through the high step part of day 1
-Did Low Max, first time in awhile, thoroughly enjoyed it AND could tell I've advanced from the last time I did it...I stayed with CF more and was on it with all the steps and my cardio endurance was strong.

Yea!! All wins...

For me this is a HUGE success! I actually created an Avatar today. I'm not good with this computer stuff so it took a while, and a few errors, but HEY! there it is!! That's my precious Lark dog guarding a squirrel in her maple tree. Makes up for only doing 2 straight leg push ups today. Hey, maybe I'll do 4 on Monday! :)

Better than expected

Yea!! All wins...

Yes! I did all of 5 straight leg push ups today! Was working on the 1RM tests and just for fun tried the push ups. Okay, I had to finish my goal of 12 total on my knees, but I did do 5.

Pushups.... my nemisis

Larks Mom, Years ago,(25) I loved pushups and was very proud that I could do many of them and have good form. Now, I can hardly eek out a few. I'm going to try and keep up with you! I don't even know what a realistic goal should be..... add one more a week? Two? Three? Maybe if I work toward adding three more a week, by March I should be up to quite a few!:) I have challenged myself with so many other things.... like actually finishing a Cathe workout, ( which I haven't accomplished yet), but for some reason pushups seem like an overall strength test for me. I want to get to the point where I actually like them instead of the feeling of dread!

Maxed the Bench

I won the Max the Bench contest at my gym this weekend. Women were required to lift 1/2 their body weight as may times as possible. I lifted 60 reps for a total of 3300 pounds. Yeah!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.