size 14 to size 8

firemedic

Cathlete
I started watching Cathe on FitTV while recovering from shoulder surgery. After a month, I bought some videos and got hooked. I kept buying them, then 6 months later, I had to buy new clothes. I especially love her work with the bands, they really help my shoulders and upper back get into shape after surgery. 6 months after that, it was winter again. I live in Florida, so I don't wear jeans to often. But one cold morning, I put on my jeans I had the winter before. They fell off!!! This is when I realized how much weight and inches I had really lost. I was a size 14 and 1 year later, I was an 8 and lost 30 pounds. My husband could not believe it. The thing he loved the most was my butt. I told him about Butts and Gutts and he is a believer. So thank you Cathe for coming up with new and wonderfull workouts. I have about 15 of her DVD's and I am looking forward to more. I wish everyone overweight would find Cathe. Just because of hard I worked out, I changed my diet because I didn't want to waste all that time and hard work. I'm loving the new and fit good life.

Wow. Congratulations! Sounds like you've done a great job getting your body in shape. Can you expand on your fitness routine and diet? I love to hear how much cardio and weights everyone is doing for success and then how they've changed their diet. What can you share to help someone like me achieve the same success?
Thanks and congratulations again.
Aimee

Hi Aimee, my name is Kim. My fitness routine started slow because I had just had surgery and I never did step aerobics before. I was 31 years old when I started this. I bought my step and it came with Cathe's Basic step and Cardio and weights. I also bought Kick,punch, and crunch and Legs and glutes. I did weights every third day and started with cardio 30 min. 6 days a week. I also had a treadmill, so I also walked/jogged. After about 1 month, I stared buying more of Cathe's dvds and stared doing cardio 2 times a day with weights still every third day. My diet also changed drasically. I stopped eating all white breads, rices, pasta, etc. I increased my veggies and most important was eating breakfast. I either had a good fiber whole grain cereal or an omlette with veggies. I started eating more chicken breast and turkey breast. I also was a burger lover, so I now use ground turkey breast and season it up with peppers and onions and eat that instead. My husband and I still make homemade pizza once a month and I still have my little chocolates once in a while. My husband even changed a lot of his diet because of his cholesterol and it went down 40 points. So we both enjoy the new foods. I am now 33 and have only gained 4 pounds back, but have recently lost 8 more. I wish you all the success because it's not easy.
Kim

Thank you for sharing this. I was in one of my lazy moods today and did not feel like working out. But, since reading your post, I will!

Thanks and congratulations!!!

Alicia

That is awesome--to you and everyone who received positive kudos and energy to workout. I took a "rest" day today after being very tired and sore from intense workouts this weekend--just 35 min of a step workout from Cathe. It's all about getting it done! All the more motivation to workout tomorrow. :D

4.gif
3.gif
4.gif
3.gif
4.gif

Congrats, Kim!!!!!!!

Wow, what an amazing accomplishment! You should be incredibly proud of the changes you have made. Thanks for sharing your story and helping to inspire those around you! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.