Send Us Your Success Story

SNM Videos

Administrator
Help us build our community by submitting your success story today. Your motivational story can help to inspire others and we would love to hear about and post your success story so that it may be shared with others.

Your story can be about weight loss, strength gains, mental health or any accomplishment that Cathe and her workouts have helped you to achieve. Not only do we want to hear about your successes, but also your challenges and struggles that you had to overcome and/or may still be working on.

As way of thanking you for helping us build our site, every entry that meets our minimum requirements will be sent an email confirmation containing a coupon code that may only be used by you and is good for 15% off any of our products sold in our www.shopcathe.com site (coupon good for 60 days. Presale items excluded).

If your submission is selected for our “Success Story” spotlight on the www.cathe.com home page you will also receive a $100 gift certificate that also may be used at www.shop.cathe.com (presale items excluded).

To send us your success story - Click Here

Last edited:
$100 Gift Certificate

If I had a submission selected for a spotlight, when can I expect to receive the $100 gift certificate? Thank you!

I've been consistently working out since mid-May 2017 after 2nd surgery in a year on my shoulder (this time it was frozen); 2016 repair rotatory cuff & labral tear with slap. I started back doing with Xtrain (30 day) mid-May thru mid-June; then Jun-mid August is did the monthly rotations until mid-September when I got my physical & blood work done. Oh yeah mid-July I was discharged from physical therapy with 98% use of my left shoulder.

In September my blood-work revealed the following high numbers doc threaten to put me on meds if I don't get the numbers down:
  • Cholesterol 229; LDL 139; A1C 5.8 & ALT (SPGT) liver functions 54; Glucose 100
I didn't get discourage because I'm on a mission & knew due to 18 months of PT, pain management & steroids caused me to gain weight & not workout the way I was prior to surgery. In addition dealing with ankylosing spondylitis for 11 years can be a challenge but I never stop working-out. In September I did 30 day Ripped w/HiiT followed by 30 days Strong & Sweaty; I finally convinced myself that I was ready for STS so I purchased my subscription and started STS first Monday in November. Finished it in February 2018 and went for follow-up blood-work and I'm proud to report the following success:
  • These are all normal: Cholesterol; A1C & ALT (SPGT)
  • LDL had a 26 point drop putting me on 13 point above normal
  • Glucose unchanged
My doctor is amazed with my progress and decided that due to my hard work she won't put me on meds and said to keep what I'm doing (eating right and exercising) and she's sure the LDL & Glucose will be in normal range in no time. I started STS again a month ago (I'm in recovery week) with the determination to have all my numbers NORMAL by my next physical and blood-work in August. Although my weight didn't change much, how my clothes fit has; I know with weight lifting I'll build muscle quicker than the fat burning off; seeing the change in my blood-work is proof that its working.

Wow, where do I begin? First, I broke my neck in a car accident years ago, I've had several back surgeries and my posture suffered so much from it. I could not straighten my shoulders, I was in a permanent 'hunch'. I've been working out 4 - 6 times a week with Cathe doing cardio, weights and cross training. My posture is like it was when I was in high school. I'm so happy with that. People don't realize how much chronic pain can be caused by rounding or slumping your shoulders.

Second, I started the STS 3.5 month rotation in January and completed it in April. I still do STS Total Body once per week. I am lifting 80 - 90% of my one RPM (from January). I'm 61 and my quads and butt are like rocks - you could bounce a quarter off my butt. I love the definition I'm getting from lifting heavier and throwing in Body Weight and Bands for good measure. People who haven't tried it have no idea how well bands work.

Third, up until I was 52 years old, I weighed 110 lbs. (at 5'7") and then I went through menopause. I gained some weight but still maintained my weight at 140 - 145 lbs. until my mom got sick. I was her sole caregiver for 6 months before she died (I'm an only child) and when she passed, I became depressed and started taking an antidepressant, stopped working out and ate and drank whatever I wanted which of course, included lots of sugar and carbs. Over the past 2&1/2 years, I gained another 30 lbs. At first, I was just working out but still stuffing myself like a pig until one day, when I couldn't even get into my 'fat' jeans, I knew that working out alone was not going to help me lose 50 lbs. So, I started really watching what I eat and working out 6 days a week about 10 days ago. I actually work out 1.5 to 2 hours per day. I eat a lot of veggies now and only have 6 - 8 oz. of lean protein per day. In the past 2 weeks, I have dropped about 12 lbs. so I'm very happy about that. I have come to the hard realization that at my age, it takes a combination of nutrition and exercise to really lose weight.

Finally, I am a work in progress. It takes time and dedication but I'm committed to good nutrition and exercise for the rest of my life. I have almost every DVD Cathe has made (including LITE, STS, X-Train, Fit Tower, Intensity Series, the Lift It Hit It Series, a number of step routines and ICE as well as so many others) so I never get bored and I can enjoy a well-rounded exercise routine. That keeps me motivated!

Thanks, Cathe, for the best workout DVDs in history!

I've been consistently working out since mid-May 2017 after 2nd surgery in a year on my shoulder (this time it was frozen); 2016 repair rotatory cuff & labral tear with slap. I started back doing with Xtrain (30 day) mid-May thru mid-June; then Jun-mid August is did the monthly rotations until mid-September when I got my physical & blood work done. Oh yeah mid-July I was discharged from physical therapy with 98% use of my left shoulder.

In September my blood-work revealed the following high numbers doc threaten to put me on meds if I don't get the numbers down:
  • Cholesterol 229; LDL 139; A1C 5.8 & ALT (SPGT) liver functions 54; Glucose 100
I didn't get discourage because I'm on a mission & knew due to 18 months of PT, pain management & steroids caused me to gain weight & not workout the way I was prior to surgery. In addition dealing with ankylosing spondylitis for 11 years can be a challenge but I never stop working-out. In September I did 30 day Ripped w/HiiT followed by 30 days Strong & Sweaty; I finally convinced myself that I was ready for STS so I purchased my subscription and started STS first Monday in November. Finished it in February 2018 and went for follow-up blood-work and I'm proud to report the following success:
  • These are all normal: Cholesterol; A1C & ALT (SPGT)
  • LDL had a 26 point drop putting me on 13 point above normal
  • Glucose unchanged
My doctor is amazed with my progress and decided that due to my hard work she won't put me on meds and said to keep what I'm doing (eating right and exercising) and she's sure the LDL & Glucose will be in normal range in no time. I started STS again a month ago (I'm in recovery week) with the determination to have all my numbers NORMAL by my next physical and blood-work in August. Although my weight didn't change much, how my clothes fit has; I know with weight lifting I'll build muscle quicker than the fat burning off; seeing the change in my blood-work is proof that its working.
Wow, you go girl!!! I hope my cholesterol is down, too. I will find out in September. I did STS starting in January and finishing in April. I think I may do it again starting in August or September. I am amazed at how much stronger I've gotten. Good luck! I hope you next lab work shows even more improvement.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.