IS IT REALLY ME?

I have struggled with my weight for my entire life (I am soon to be 48 years old). After numerous diets (I have lost and gained the same 50 lbs at least a 1,000 times), endless, boring cardio routines that hurt my back and knees due to the excessive amount of weight that I was carrying around - at 294 lbs., I decided to have the lapband surgery.

It's been 4 years since the surgery. Although I've worked out with the old Firm Workouts prior to that, I had started to add Cathe tapes to my collection, but could only get through about 20 mins of those!!! Tough, tough, tough! I am 5'8", and today, I now weigh in at 158 lbs! I cannot contribut this amount of weight loss to the surgery alone. I would say that 60% of my success is due to Cathe and her workouts. I am loyal follower of Cathe and rarely use other workouts. Her workouts are tough and continue to challenge me every time that I do them. Cathe and her staff motivate me to perform the best that I can. Never in my life could I do an "on your toes" pushup. Thanks to Cathe, I sure can now (I still haven't mastered those stability ball pikes, but that is a goal as well).

People tell me that I have "Michelle Obama" arms, and want to know how to get those arms. I always reply "you can do it with Cathe workouts!"

Today, I'm in better health than I was as a teenager. I can actually do things that I never thought I could do. Where I use to have fear in trying anything physically challenging, that fear is gone forever. In addition to my surgical team, I owe Cathe a huge thank you. She has helped me in saving my life from the misery of obesity and all of the health complications that it can cause. And (and this makes me smile to myself) - I can do circles around some of those twenty somethings!!!!!

Congrats!!

Congrats to you!! That is awesome. Isn't it great to feel so good about your body and accomplishments? You are proof that surgery alone is not the answer, it still takes hard work and dedication to a new lifestyle. Great Job!:D

You should be so proud of yourself! You took control and "molded" your own fate. It sounds like you have done it the right way, over time, and with HARD work! You have really come a long way with your weight and I know you'll conquer those pikes too! I still work for 'em:D

I've been doing Cathe's workouts for over ten years (almost exclusively) and now I'm headed for the road trip. I agree - Cathe and the crew inspires, and they sweat right along with us!

Thanks for sharing your story. It's energizing to hear someone accomplish their goals and dreams!

I have struggled with my weight for my entire life (I am soon to be 48 years old). After numerous diets (I have lost and gained the same 50 lbs at least a 1,000 times), endless, boring cardio routines that hurt my back and knees due to the excessive amount of weight that I was carrying around - at 294 lbs., I decided to have the lapband surgery.

It's been 4 years since the surgery. Although I've worked out with the old Firm Workouts prior to that, I had started to add Cathe tapes to my collection, but could only get through about 20 mins of those!!! Tough, tough, tough! I am 5'8", and today, I now weigh in at 158 lbs! I cannot contribut this amount of weight loss to the surgery alone. I would say that 60% of my success is due to Cathe and her workouts. I am loyal follower of Cathe and rarely use other workouts. Her workouts are tough and continue to challenge me every time that I do them. Cathe and her staff motivate me to perform the best that I can. Never in my life could I do an "on your toes" pushup. Thanks to Cathe, I sure can now (I still haven't mastered those stability ball pikes, but that is a goal as well).

People tell me that I have "Michelle Obama" arms, and want to know how to get those arms. I always reply "you can do it with Cathe workouts!"

Today, I'm in better health than I was as a teenager. I can actually do things that I never thought I could do. Where I use to have fear in trying anything physically challenging, that fear is gone forever. In addition to my surgical team, I owe Cathe a huge thank you. She has helped me in saving my life from the misery of obesity and all of the health complications that it can cause. And (and this makes me smile to myself) - I can do circles around some of those twenty somethings!!!!!

Congratulations on your 136lbs gone forever!!!! Your an inspiration! High Fives on all your hard work!

Thank You

Thank you everyone for your support and responses! I read the forums at least 2x a week. I find the forums to be an important part of my total health program. The questions, ideas, information, support, success stories - all motivate me to keep going.

The truth is, Cathe has inspired me to actually LOVE exercise. I feel that STS is her best yet, but try to intermix step cardio.

Quick question, just out of curiosity - I don't see many step classes going on at the health clubs anymore, or on fit TV. There's a few here and there, but they seem to be declining in popularity. I find step routines to be effective cardio workouts. Just wondering why the big decline in popularity. Anyway, thanks guys!

Good for you!

You must be so proud of yourself! Cathe really is an inspiration, but you have done the hard work all by yourself!

Thank you everyone for your support and responses! I read the forums at least 2x a week. I find the forums to be an important part of my total health program. The questions, ideas, information, support, success stories - all motivate me to keep going.

The truth is, Cathe has inspired me to actually LOVE exercise. I feel that STS is her best yet, but try to intermix step cardio.

Quick question, just out of curiosity - I don't see many step classes going on at the health clubs anymore, or on fit TV. There's a few here and there, but they seem to be declining in popularity. I find step routines to be effective cardio workouts. Just wondering why the big decline in popularity. Anyway, thanks guys!

Congrats!

Regarding step, I think that there will always be bandwagons and trends in fitness. I also think that a lot of people have overdone step and gotten injured because of it. I love it because it's so much fun, but I've got to take a hiatus and if I'm ever able to come back, I can't do it more than one day per week.

Wow! You are an inspiration to me! I say that I have too many of my own problems to contend with and I can not do it, so I give up for the day, only to beat myself up and try the next. However, you know the cycle that leads to. You beat the cycle and SUCCEEDED!!!! Awesome job! Way to go! I can't say enough positive things to you to encourage you more! You did it! You rock! You found your fitness wheels and burned rubber!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.