New to Cathe (Happy to be here!) but not to Fitness and Weight Loss

jtshotone

I am new to Cathe ... have heard about her for YEARS but the first time was right as I was starting to come down with a chronic illness so I could no longer exercise at her level of intensity. As a matter of fact, I couldn't work out at ALL for years (doctor's orders) as it made me worse. I gained 95 pounds and was sick for a total of 7 1/2 years.

5 1/2 years into my illness I finally found help! :eek:) With a good doctor on board, I decided to join Weight Watchers (couldn't STAND the weight, having been active/trim before ...). 4 months later, with my doctor's blessing, I started incorporating exercise. Down 101 pounds now, I am now finally back up to being an advanced level exerciser (YAY!!!) and have started participating in the "wonderful world of Cathe [DVD's] ..."

If you would like to see my progress, before and afters, etc, go to http://www.freewebs.com/jtshotone (link in profile).

BTW, I am going to be featured in Collage Video's next catalouge as a success story ... too bad the $100 in DVD's can't be Cathe's, but I'll find *something* interesting to add to the rotation ... ;-)

Amy - WELCOME ABOARD!!

You look great - and have overcome so much. Cathe is pretty awesome isn't she. So glad you have found her and that your health is doing better. Congratulations on being featured in Collage also!! Keep up the good work.;-)

Sami

Amy! Congratulations on your weight loss! You look awesome! It takes a lot of determination and perserverance to do what you've done. You are such an inspiration. And, congratulations on Collage! We'll look for you in the next edition! :)

Good luck on your continuted fitness journey and thanks so much for sharing your story! :) :)

Jo

Wow, wow wow!!!! You are a total inspiration to me! Congratulations on all your hard work. You should be so proud of yourself. I know I am!

I've just started on my journey to lose thirty pounds. After seeing your pictures, I know I can do it!

Danna

RE: New to Cathe (Happy to be here!) but not to Fitness...

Amy,

You look incredible!!! Congrats on the weight loss and keep up the great work!!!

Beverly

WOW!! What an absolutely amazing journey you've been on. You're an inspiration!
Susan C.M.:D

Amy you look WONDERFUL!!! Thanks so much for sharing your pictures and story!!
~Nicole

Amy - I saw your picture in Collage!!!! Congratulations once again!
What videos did you get with your $100?

Jo

Hi all, thank you very much for the kudos! :7

Jo, I got Rob Glick's Step Brick by Brick, CIA 2402 Step Temptation & Hi-Low Revelation, Christi Taylor StepSational and Christi Taylor Terrific Trio. The beauty of step is you can add or remove risers depending on what you are feeling up to so I can always increase/decrease intensity ... ;-)

I had more to say, tried to post but for some reason it didn't take. I need to scoot now. :-(

Everyone have a great weekend, and thanks again! :D

You look great - Welcome to the world of Cathe!!! You pictures look great - thanks for sharing your transformation!

Anne

>You look great - Welcome to the world of Cathe!!! You
>pictures look great - thanks for sharing your transformation!
>
>Anne

I seen your pictures several times on different weight watcher threads. You look wonderful and thanks again for sharing.You are such an inspiration.

Deb
:)

~ Amy! You rock! What an awesome website! So nice of you to share your experience and offer assistance to others! Here's to you! God bless. ~ Kim

Amy,
How can you have so much muscle and weigh so little? You must have a very low body fat %. BTW, you are absolutely beautiful at any weight!
Congratulations!
-Nancy

Thank you, Sherry, Anne, Deb, Kim and Nancy! :) Sorry for the slow reply, I have had a crazy schedule the last couple of months.

Nancy, I don't know the answer to your question about weighing so little w/that much muscle but your guess sounds reasonable. Thank you for the compliment about looking beautiful at any weight ... that is very sweet.

Happy Holidays to you all! :D

Amy,
Your story is very inspiring thank you for sharing! I saw you in the collage catalog too...congratulations on your success! I am also new to Cathe ... actually awaiting my first DVD from her. Good luck to you in your future goals!
Happy Holidays!
Cathy:)

Amy,
Your story is very inspiring thank you for sharing! I saw you in the collage catalog too...congratulations on your success! I am also new to Cathe ... actually awaiting my first DVD from her. Good luck to you in your future goals!
Happy Holidays!

Amy,
Happy Holidays!

Wow! You look good!

I'm new to the Cathe forums. I have bought the Intensity Series in June 04. So far I can lift up to 15lbs. dumbbells and 35lbs. barbells. But I loose my motivation very easy. That's why I decided to join the forum and read your stories. I don't understand how I can workout so hard with Cathe's videos and not look like I workout at all. I do look somewhat tone but not muscular. What am I doing wrong? I take protein shakes twice a day (Nitro Tech). This summer I did so good with my workouts, and then I gave up cause I wasn't gaining any muscle. Please I need your support. What do you guys recommend? I don't want to start the year like this. I even punish myself by not watching my favorite shows or any TV at all if I don't exercise. Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.